Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

35 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have used Katesiree for the past 3 mornings .. getting in there at about 11am.

I really don't understand why there is so much vehement opposition on here about old men having a cheap beer... It pops up in so many posts on so many threads .. even in the TAT advertisement thread FFS !!

During those early doors I have never seen less than 10 people drinking whilst everywhere else is empty -  apart from one other bar - guess where ??. The last 2 nights when I popped out for a walk there were no seats available in there !!!

As for not making money, what a load of bollocks! One cashier and one server keeps things ticking over and certainly during the day about half are drinking coffee or soda water ...!!

Yesterday I was euphoric enough after visiting the dentist to buy the 2 staff and the room cleaner a street vendor coffee each. 75 Baht !!! What sort of response would a bar girl give to the offer of 25 Baht LD?? These 3 were so fucking happy !!!

Old men drinking beer........ #^&%#...............They must be stopped...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, KWA said:

I can't open link but will be opposite craft cottage , near the entrance to LKM - same owner as Las Vegas

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, KWA said:

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I can't open link but will be opposite craft cottage , near the entrance to LKM - same owner as Las Vegas

Was about to say the same. Used to be a thai style single story house there with chrome gates, that was demolished before I arrived this trip

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Painter said:

Was about to say the same. Used to be a thai style single story house there with chrome gates, that was demolished before I arrived this trip

Also "All Bar One" I think looking at Street View.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Prick Dean 'as an exclusive 

Not watched that, as cant stand the guy.

Pic on another forum says 750,000 purchase price, but also mentions a hotel, live sport, and "broadcast".... maybe Google translate has it wrong... but if the broadcast means live streaming every night, I'm out!

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Painter said:

Pic on another forum says 750,000 purchase price,

The one in my link (if you can view it) says from 750,000 baht and that's for each of the two smallest units.  The largest are 2.1 million baht and 130,000 baht per month rent (but that does include your electric and water).

• Haha 1

Mr Egg says here the top bars are offering the girls up-to 30,000 baht for a 10 day contract??

Next up it will be 5,000 ST and 10,000 LT prices for GoGo girls....And guys will pay it too....

These Vastly overpaid GoGo girls will have Huge Egos....

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, KWA said:

The one in my link (if you can view it) says from 750,000 baht and that's for each of the two smallest units.  The largest are 2.1 million baht and 130,000 baht per month rent (but that does include your electric and water).

Couldn't see that, sorry... presumably the cheapest are at the back next to the toilets.... at 130,000 per month that's a lot of beer to sell....!

Very generous that rent is inclusive of water and electric... I'd put in aircon units, and too many of them, to make my bar a novelty airconned open air bar....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Very generous that rent is inclusive of water and electric... I'd put in aircon units, and too many of them, to make my bar a novelty airconned open air bar....

Good idea mate!!. In fact, why not make it an enclosed cabin type bar with A/C ?

In the olden days in the bars on soi 2, one suddenly appeared next to the toilet at the back and became very popular..

Same same Washington Sq in Bangkok and also one at the back under the flyover on Soi One Suk near the toilets....

I don't want to mention any more because it suggests that I have spent the last 3 decades hanging around Gents toilets ...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Good idea mate!!. In fact, why not make it an enclosed cabin type bar with A/C ?

In the olden days in the bars on soi 2, one suddenly appeared next to the toilet at the back and became very popular..

Same same Washington Sq in Bangkok and also one at the back under the flyover on Soi One Suk near the toilets....

I don't want to mention any more because it suggests that I have spent the last 3 decades hanging around Gents toilets ...

Nothnig to be ashamed of, BM @Nightcrawler has done this for most of his adult life.

I'm recall those bars, were they on the same or opposite side of the Belgian embassy?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have used Katesiree for the past 3 mornings .. getting in there at about 11am.

I really don't understand why there is so much vehement opposition on here about old men having a cheap beer... It pops up in so many posts on so many threads .. even in the TAT advertisement thread FFS !!

During those early doors I have never seen less than 10 people drinking whilst everywhere else is empty -  apart from one other bar - guess where ??. The last 2 nights when I popped out for a walk there were no seats available in there !!!

As for not making money, what a load of bollocks! One cashier and one server keeps things ticking over and certainly during the day about half are drinking coffee or soda water ...!!

Yesterday I was euphoric enough after visiting the dentist to buy the 2 staff and the room cleaner a street vendor coffee each. 75 Baht !!! What sort of response would a bar girl give to the offer of 25 Baht LD?? These 3 were so fucking happy !!!

I'm often in Katsiree in the early evening when I'm in town to chew the fat with my Expat mate. Large, ice cold leo lasts a good half hour, great bunch of lads in there and can't complain at the prices.

I've met him some mornings, and had a coffee, or early afternoon for a beer.

No idea the logic behind closing a venue which ticks over giving a nice little bit of income, into revamping the place and losing all its character which was the reason why people went there in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Butch said:

I'm often in Katsiree in the early evening when I'm in town to chew the fat with my Expat mate. Large, ice cold leo lasts a good half hour, great bunch of lads in there and can't complain at the prices.

I've met him some mornings, and had a coffee, or early afternoon for a beer.

No idea the logic behind closing a venue which ticks over giving a nice little bit of income, into revamping the place and losing all its character which was the reason why people went there in the first place.

You must be talking about the Beach Road walkway redo or removing the neon signs from walking street or or or etc...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KWA said:

From the FB link you posted, for those that can't view it.

398594566_122097596036110134_3993356047487913822_n.jpg

398588413_122097596096110134_3386420204280467918_n.jpg

• Great Info 3

On Soi Honey, the owner of Sweet's Massage will be trying something a bit different from the usual massage shops. He posted over on PA a picture of the coffee machine he bought for 300K and of the ladies receiving barista training. He's currently refurbishing the interior of the massage shop and expects to open, hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks.

It'll be interesting to see how the dynamics of going in for a cup of coffee/tea and massage works. Credit to him for trying something different.

image.jpeg

• Great Info 5

11 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

On Soi Honey, the owner of Sweet's Massage will be trying something a bit different from the usual massage shops. He posted over on PA a picture of the coffee machine he bought for 300K and of the ladies receiving barista training. He's currently refurbishing the interior of the massage shop and expects to open, hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks.

It'll be interesting to see how the dynamics of going in for a cup of coffee/tea and massage works. Credit to him for trying something different.

image.jpeg

Oh my, outstanding, now we're talking my language....Coffee Shops in Pattaya.....Keng Mak..

DSCN1667-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Oh my, outstanding, now we're talking my language....Coffee Shops in Pattaya.....Keng Mak..

DSCN1667-2.jpg

That's a coffee shop?. I've suddenly gained a huge interest in fresh coffee.

Shame, in the UK most of the female Baristas are purple haired with multiple piercings , and that's just the guys. I hope the Soi honey venture is successful. There is also another "massage and coffee" place at the top just down from the old Retox, but their "coffee" is just an instant packet in a mug with the addition of hot water.

The massage is much more enjoyable than the drink.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

From the FB link you posted, for those that can't view it.

398594566_122097596036110134_3993356047487913822_n.jpg

398588413_122097596096110134_3386420204280467918_n.jpg

I'm a bit annoyed, the plot where the complex is planned for had a Laundry in the alleway .(I take it this is almost next door to the Areca). The laundry was owned by a girl called Kimberly, former TQ GoGo dancer (excellent English speaker) who left the scene to run a legit business with her mum and family. Quite successful as well.

Each trip I'd pass by and ask how she was doing (Always away in BKK running her other business) and had a chat with her Mum / Aunt .

I honestly can't see the bars toward the rear doing very well, and the monthly rent seems to be quite strong almost £4k GBP per month, thats approx £1k per week, quite hard to hit that sort of figure in a non AC bar on Diana I'd imagine, especially during low season. I think it was @Jambo who mentioned earlier, too many bars and not enough custom seems to be the current trend in funtown. . Anyone know what a 1 unit on Pothole goes for pcm?.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 2