Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Of course it is ... but I still quite don't get what is wrong with it from the investors POV, unless it was part of the T&Cs of the sale.

There hasn't been any sale , Heaven Above moved location to Soi Boomerang ... someone new is just renting the former premises in Soi Diamond - but trying to capitalise on the reputation of former business to rent that spot 

20 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

There hasn't been any sale , Heaven Above moved location to Soi Boomerang ... someone new is just renting the former premises in Soi Diamond - but trying to capitalise on the reputation of former business to rent that spot 

Thanks.

It is obvious that I am looking at this as an inexperienced outsider but I still don't see what they are doing wrong but I guess I'll never understand. 

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks.

It is obvious that I am looking at this as an inexperienced outsider but I still don't see what they are doing wrong but I guess I'll never understand. 

When a person or group of investors build up a successful business, the name and reputation of the business has value (called goodwill). If the investors were to sell a business that goodwill would have value in determining the sale price. In the case of of HA, as another BM posted, they moved to a new location. They did not sell their business, just vacated the old location.

The new leaseholders of HA's old location are making a blatant attempt at capitalizing off HA's business name, without compensating HA for the use of their name. Not only are they violating the right to the use of the name, HA's reputation could be harmed if the new business is not successful or engages in activities that harm HA's good name and reputation.

HA has every right to be pissed, and if the new leaseholders were taken to court over the illegal use of their name they would probability lose and owe damages to HA.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

When a person or group of investors build up a successful business, the name and reputation of the business has value (called goodwill). If the investors were to sell a business that goodwill would have value in determining the sale price. In the case of of HA, as another BM posted, they moved to a new location. They did not sell their business, just vacated the old location.

The new leaseholders of HA's old location are making a blatant attempt at capitalizing off HA's business name, without compensating HA for the use of their name. Not only are they violating the right to the use of the name, HA's reputation could be harmed if the new business is not successful or engages in activities that harm HA's good name and reputation.

HA has every right to be pissed, and if the new leaseholders were taken to court over the illegal use of their name they would probability lose and owe damages to HA.

many things here in Thailand / Pattaya are copies or ripoffs of western businesses or western styles 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Yes mate, I understand the concept of Goodwill. I also understand that they moved out and somebody else moved in, such they were 2 unconnected independent business transactions. But Phil said that the new name only contained the word "Heaven" not " Heavens Above". Of course if it was a blatant copy and called "Heaven's a Dove" then I would understand.

Is it only because they moved into the same location or is no other business in Pattaya allowed to use "Heaven" in their name?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate, I understand the concept of Goodwill. I also understand that they moved out and somebody else moved in, such they were 2 unconnected independent business transactions. But Phil said that the new name only contained the word "Heaven" not " Heavens Above". Of course if it was a blatant copy and called "Heaven's a Dove" then I would understand.

Is it only because they moved into the same location or is no other business in Pattaya allowed to use "Heaven" in their name?

A lawyer would point out the new business, Heaven, is in a location just vacated by Heaven Above. Also, both Heaven and Heaven Above are an agogo; even though Heaven Above now calls themselves a gentlemen club, they still have chrome poles at the new location with enforced dancer rotation (which is also the reason they're not listed on the GC Map I maintain). And finally, when people refer to a business they often times shorten the name, so Heaven Above has been and still is referred by the shortened name of Heaven. Thus it could be reasonably argued the new business name is confusingly similar to Heaven Above and any sensible court would agree.

Well I think the GoGo owners are to much on their ass now to be taking each other to court.....Unless the name is a exact copy like  "The Heavens Above" or A Heavens Above" or Your Heavens Above....I seriously doubt they will bother..... 

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember around ten years ago when the owner of the Devils Den in Patts got annoyed because someone opened a new GoGo in Phuket with the same name .... he got in touch with them and they eventually changed the name to the Devils Playground..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, andyajn said:

Talking of which, did I read somewhere that the Devil's Den has closed?

He closed during or before the first lockdown , but was apparently going to do that anyway, as he didn't think the current popularity of LK Metro was necessarily good for his business model ... think the plan is to reopen elsewhere once things get back to normal 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

He closed during or before the first lockdown , but was apparently going to do that anyway, as he didn't think the current popularity of LK Metro was necessarily good for his business model ... think the plan is to reopen elsewhere once things get back to normal 

Nice bloke too ....knew all the right people.

A place I noticed this morning seems new and seems promising whenever things reopen...

FLB!!

Yep! Free Lancer Bar! No Bar Fine!

Soi Buakhao - southern end. Live music advertised( I've forgotten which music which night) perhaps somebody can take a photo...it is next to Benelux bar (that I despised with the continual gagging for LDs.)

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
compass error!

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

A place I noticed this morning seems new and seems promising whenever things reopen...

FLB!!

Yep! Free Lancer Bar! No Bar Fine!

Soi Buakhao - southern end. Live music advertised( I've forgotten which music which night) perhaps somebody can take a photo...it is next to Benelux bar (that I despised with the continual gagging for LDs.)

Good spot. Due to the morning rain my ride was a delayed so made a point to snap a few pics. Talked to the owner too. He has ambitions of opening August 1st, but given the rise in infections I don't give it much chance of happening.
P7100009.jpg

P7100009a.jpg

Edited to add: The place is larger than it looks as it occupies the space behind the Super Consultants store front next door.
P7100010.jpg

P7100013.jpg

Can't remember if it was reported before, but what was Juney Massage is now Juney Bar. Liked the location when it was Barbie Bar, so hoping Juney is successful with the bar.
P7100001.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1

14 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

He has ambitions of opening August 1st, but given the rise in infections I don't give it much chance of happening.

If the girls go in and it is Freelance then it may stand a chance. That end of town has never been popular beyond market days

But it takes Allsorts .....( Geddit?)

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Good spot. Due to the morning rain my ride was a delayed so made a point to snap a few pics. Talked to the owner too. He has ambitions of opening August 1st, but given the rise in infections I don't give it much chance of happening.
P7100009.jpg

P7100009a.jpg

Edited to add: The place is larger than it looks as it occupies the space behind the Super Consultants store front next door.
P7100010.jpg

P7100013.jpg

Can't remember if it was reported before, but what was Juney Massage is now Juney Bar. Liked the location when it was Barbie Bar, so hoping Juney is successful with the bar.
P7100001.jpg

I am just surprised you can print 'no bar fine' on the outside name board.  Seems to invite a bit of trouble, should he also put 'no prostitution inside'

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I am just surprised you can print 'no bar fine' on the outside name board.  Seems to invite a bit of trouble, should he also put 'no prostitution inside'

Not one farang bar owner will admit that they are pimps and sell girls for sex . Even those on a street infamous for prostitution with short time rooms! In fact they promote their activities by saying that it is unsafe to go with freelancers! 

Why not ask the owner of this board?

• Great Info 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

What is a 'bar fine' .? ......

I'll fetch me coat 

• Like 1

Bad news for me; when the 2000 hours closing regime came in this week.  Mai Thai took a decision to close.  We visited usually twice per week and each time there were always a few customers apart from us.  Probably the most expensive restaurant I use regularly but always good quality food with equally good service and a pleasant environment.

untitled-4432.jpg

• Sad 5

Pandora Bar is now cleaned out. Asked a few of the ladies still hanging around in the empty bar if they were moving to a new location. They said something about a new bar in Tree Town, so there's hope that while they may be down, they're not out.
P7160013.jpg

A few pics of what's happening Tree Town way.
P7160018.jpgP7160019.jpg

P7160021.jpg

P7160020.jpg

P7160023.jpg

P7160025.jpg

P7160027.jpg

The Warehouse Club now has a set of distinctive looking doors.
P7160031.jpg

This guy is waiting for the good times to return.
P7160032.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2