Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

Looks to me like they're doing a Pub Street infrastructure improvement project. New pipes and pavement. Makes sense to do it right now when empty. Siem Reap grew way too quickly over the past decade.

Yes, there's no tourists in Siem Reap / Angkor due to Covid lockdown and hot season. Last time I was there in June 2019 it was very quiet. Many tourist hotels had closed - before Covid. 

My regular driver lives directly across from the main Angkor Temple. He told me he has no income & had to sell his nice Lexus. Feel bad for the guy as he has three kids. His wife is a food vendor. Hard times.

Just need to get the world vaccinated and tourist attraction like Siem Reap can prosper again.

20190718_184437.jpg

20190720-P1020185.jpg

20190720-P1020189.jpg

Great little town.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

From the look of this thread the Pattaya powers that be have done a lot of digging. Whether it improves anything remains to be seen. Lots of new pick-up trucks for the project managers I imagine.

If my city is any indication (also a tourist town), there'll be a lot of vacant commercial property for awhile to come.

Done a lot of gold digging   😁😁😁

• Haha 2

Hooters simply refuses to give up.......In the past year and a half only the Nana and Pattaya Hooters have been open sometimes all the rest of the Hooters have been closed.....

And the year before covid they were doing all that drain work on the beach and that really screwed up Hooters business for a good part of the year.....Then in December 2019 and January 2020 they spent loads of money for top bands to welcome the customers back after the drain work was finished only to have covid hit in February 2020...

I will give Hooters credit for being somewhat smart....After covid hit they at least lowered the cost of their Thai beers (like Chang) from 200 baht to 100 baht and they started offering 50% off food between 3-4PM.........If they had not done this I think they might have had no customers at all...Expats simply won't pay 200 baht for a Chang beer in a restaurant...

• Like 5

On 5/26/2021 at 12:56 PM, fforest said:

I will give Hooters credit for being somewhat smart....After covid hit they at least lowered the cost of their Thai beers (like Chang) from 200 baht to 100 baht and they started offering 50% off food between 3-4PM.........If they had not done this I think they might have had no customers at all...Expats simply won't pay 200 baht for a Chang beer in a restaurant...

So Hooters adjusted their price down to everyone else's "normal" I guess!.

I'm undecided about Hooters. They do a damn good coffee, and the food when on offer is also pretty decent, especially the boneless chicken, plus the added bonus of the eye candy, which, for all intents and purposes are so far up themselves (with the exception of one) it defies belief.

good place to pitch up for a few beers if they're on offer and watch the goings on along Beach Rd, then onto TQ to load up some more.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Butch said:

So Hooters adjusted their price down to everyone else's "normal" I guess!.

I'm undecided about Hooters. They do a damn good coffee, and the food when on offer is also pretty decent, especially the boneless chicken, plus the added bonus of the eye candy, which, for all intents and purposes are so far up themselves (with the exception of one) it defies belief.

good place to pitch up for a few beers if they're on offer and watch the goings on along Beach Rd, then onto TQ to load up some more.

I think it's a cracking place , usually in a good location, I been to them in the Vegas, Amsterdam , São Paulo , Bangkok and Patts - always great service, excellent food and drinks - can't understand the haters that have been hoping for it to fail since they opened in Bangkok and Patts - they always seem to be starting threads about the demise 555 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I think it's a cracking place , usually in a good location, I been to them in the Vegas, Amsterdam , São Paulo , Bangkok and Patts - always great service, excellent food and drinks - can't understand the haters that have been hoping for it to fail since they opened in Bangkok and Patts - they always seem to be starting threads about the demise 555 

I've always enjoyed the Hooters on Suk Soi 4, BKK. Sometimes amidst the freneticism of Nana Plaza and Soi 4 a man needs a bit of 'quiet time', a short respite to just have a drink and watch the comings and goings in peace without having to chat to a lady (as charming as they are). Hooters fulfils that need, does a decent pour of liquor and the chilli cheese fries provide a decent sustenance before venturing "once more unto the breach dear friends, once more; / Or close up the wall with our mongers dead"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I've always enjoyed the Hooters on Suk Soi 4, BKK. Sometimes amidst the freneticism of Nana Plaza and Soi 4 a man needs a bit of 'quiet time', a short respite to just have a drink and watch the comings and goings in peace without having to chat to a lady (as charming as they are). Hooters fulfils that need, does a decent pour of liquor and the chilli cheese fries provide a decent sustenance before venturing "once more unto the breach dear friends, once more; / Or close up the wall with our mongers dead"

Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood ..... 

and get thee to Spanky's 

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Painter said:

A post by retox on fakebook has announced that Retox on soi honey has closed for good, not temporarily,  and will be listed for sale "soon".

Sadly it feels like yet another nail in the coffin of pre Covid Pattaya.

Yes, the place will bounce back in time and new businesses will open etc etc...

But I liked pre-Covid Pattaya and I liked the People the Food etc at Retox Game-On and am sad to see it go.

More jobs lost and dreams of a good business.

6 hours ago, Zeb said:

Sadly it feels like yet another nail in the coffin of pre Covid Pattaya.

Yes, the place will bounce back in time and new businesses will open etc etc...

But I liked pre-Covid Pattaya and I liked the People the Food etc at Retox Game-On and am sad to see it go.

More jobs lost and dreams of a good business.

Totally agree on Game On, especially on the staff.

Dean is a great guy, and tremendous manager. Remember him from Witherspoons where he'd assembled a really great crew there, some followed him over to Game On.

Wish all of them the very best- rotten times.

Edit- just seen Deano has got a job back as the general manager of the various Witherspoons🙂

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, Painter said:

A post by retox on fakebook has announced that Retox on soi honey has closed for good, not temporarily,  and will be listed for sale "soon".

That sucks on a level of crap that is hard to beat. Retox on Honey going down is really bad news, and I think I mentioned it here or maybe elsewhere, when venues as well managed at Retox etc begin to falter, then things really are looking grim. If similar venues follow then Pattaya is going to be in trouble.

12 hours ago, Butch said:

That sucks on a level of crap that is hard to beat. Retox on Honey going down is really bad news, and I think I mentioned it here or maybe elsewhere, when venues as well managed at Retox etc begin to falter, then things really are looking grim. If similar venues follow then Pattaya is going to be in trouble.

I think recovery will be hard given the number of business owners who have bailed out.

• Like 1

Rumour has it that various bars on sois 6 and chiapoon, that had girls working on camera for tips, are unlikely to be streaming live following raids by police.

I thought we had a streaming thread  but cant find it....

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Rumour has it that various bars on sois 6 and chiapoon, that had girls working on camera for tips, are unlikely to be streaming live following raids by police.

I thought we had a streaming thread  but cant find it....

The BiB must be getting very desperate for tea money these days...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

I believe these were police from outside pattaya....

Again, only from what I'm reading elsewhere....

They have been visiting bars up in Isaan way too looking for gambling, illegal alcohol sales etc.

Dept for Administrative Affairs ...??? (No me neither ...dunno)

8 of them came in the other day in our big open air place looked around for 5 minutes and politely left .... then the local cops came back in and took their cards and Hi Lo from their hiding places and ...... no that would never happen...... honest guv.

• Like 1