Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

8 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

Yes I stayed at the rock house about 8yrs ago and joined  in on one of the sessions. The drinking was far to pacey for me. if you live in Pattaya and happy to waste a night just drinking in same place, then I can see the attraction. But at that time I only came for 1 month, and wanted to get around and see other places. The fun was move around and take a different girl every night. Sometimes it takes me 9hrs to find the right girl 55555  

I totally agree that if I was single and looking for a partner then I wouldn't be spending my time in any session in Pattaya however much I like a bar.  It would be a good place to have some early beers before moving on out and discovering the highlights of Pattaya or maybe a last call with companion.

I found the Rockhouse after being invited to join a forum by Lee who owned Noi's bar on the dark-side. One of the forum owners was Alex and when Lee passed away I found myself more often at the Rockhouse.

I had been coming to Pattaya for 20 years and living there for 4 years when I started spending more time at the Rockhouse, I also had a partner and was getting bored with the same old need to figure out where I was going to go to next to find something new to entertain me. For me it was restaurants and social gatherings that were more important so the Rockhouse became more than just a passing bar.  I also met a lot of great guys there, many of whom I have become good friends with so always pop in when in town although that is now limited to visits when in Thailand.

If Alex is not in town and I am solo then I will be passing by or just having a quick drink and then being entertained in as many other bars as possible. Also in the Philippines I have no allegiance to any bar and you will find me all across town.

Other than Le Pub I don't really know anybody in the bar scene and Pattaya is now not so much of a pull as it once was.

I am a pretty independent guy and getting to know the managers in any bar is not what I enjoy, I always wanted to go to a bar for the girls and the atmosphere, sitting on the top table is for others but Alex became a friend through my social dealings.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 9:40 AM, Horizondave said:

Good point but most bars I go to involve buying one drink and I am still lagging behind those in my group.

When in town I find myself involved in many drinking sessions at the Rockhouse. I am one of the slowest drinkers and I usually opt out of one or two of the drinks rounds bought by others over the night although I usually find another beer sitting there before I have finished my present one.

I suppose if on a budget and drinking slowly some should opt to sit away from those sessions but over the years you spot the guys who sit in on every round until it is their turn but make some feeble excuse to leave. Alex is very good at keeping the rounds going and those sessions are presently missed.

One of the things I like about Thailand is the bin system , allows everyone to drink at their own pace and no need to get involved in rounds .. I drink fairly fast anyway, but just having your own bill makes life far simpler 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

58 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

One of the things I like about Thailand is the bin system , allows everyone to drink at their own pace and no need to get involved in rounds .. I drink fairly fast anyway, but just having your own bill makes life far simpler 

I agree but when in a session at the Rockhouse I still have my own bin which I lovingly check now and again but doesn't stop somebody buying you a drink and it is just respect to buy one back.  That tends to involve buying every guy around the table a drink as we tend to be there for a few hours. 

Of course you could announce that you are only buying your own drinks but would need to ensure that nobody 'accidentally' buys you one in their round or it could get complicated. It happens though but no issue to those buying.

Over the years when I sit next to Alex those around the table are mostly happy to buy a round when it is their turn, only the well known few have scarpered at the opening of the wallet moment.  Sometimes you may end up buying 2 or more rounds but sometimes somebody may buy more, it is just the way it goes but there are regulars that don't get involved and I have the utmost respect to them, maybe not so much the freeloaders.

Some of the biggest spenders have left without paying a bill when pissed but will always pay up the next day.

I admit that the Rockhouse is probably the only place I have got into sessions.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tko said:

They're are cooking with the part of the cannabis plant that doesn't contain THC.  The buds are still illegal.

Wrong there is THC in the leaves just a lot lower amount than the Buds.....

Do you guys really think they will be growing a plant and throwing out the buds?...........LOL.........No way EVER.......The buds will be sold to the black market....

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/30/2021 at 4:37 AM, thumper63 said:

It goes against everything that's been beaten into my head pertaining to survival skills in foreign countries. Don't ever f**k around with drugs or illegal substances in other countries. Ever!

Believe it or not there WILL BE 100% full blown Cannabis cafes in Thailand in the not distant future.....No Way, would they allow Cannabis leaves to be sold with food and just stop  there......

I cant stand weed myself...It makes me lazy and dumb....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 9:52 AM, fforest said:

Wrong there is THC in the leaves just a lot lower amount than the Buds.....

Do you guys really think they will be growing a plant and throwing out the buds?...........LOL.........No way EVER.......The buds will be sold to the black market....

They allow cooking with the leaves and the buds go for medical use. Or they use male plants.

Edited by Raffer

Some Sad news to report........Some company has taken over the meat department at Big C Extra.......They have turned a very nice relaxed well priced meat department into a up-scale hi-so pricey meat department.....

For guys looking for value cuts........Well........The value has been cut.....

20210401_161225.thumb.jpg.0b759ba72a3951af90a0c6693a5ce838.jpg

20210401_161520.thumb.jpg.14bae197e97efdac87bd9aeeeaa725ef.jpg

20210401_161508(0).thumb.jpg.be751065eabc2665ef3f31a71d5442dc.jpg

This is the steak I have always bought for years and years......Excellent quality and Excellent price.......Now the cheapest steak they have is 520 baht a Kilo......

Make a successful business Hi-so and lose half your customers.....I have seen this happen many times in Thailand.........

20190831_155646.thumb.jpg.dbbbc740a0308991ca5fc878a0a83521.jpg

Edited by fforest
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, fforest said:

Some Sad news to report........Some company has taken over the meat department at Big C Extra.......They have turned a very nice relaxed well priced meat department into a up-scale hi-so pricey meat department.....

For guys looking for value cuts........Well........The value has been cut.....

20210401_161225.thumb.jpg.0b759ba72a3951af90a0c6693a5ce838.jpg

20210401_161520.thumb.jpg.14bae197e97efdac87bd9aeeeaa725ef.jpg

20210401_161508(0).thumb.jpg.be751065eabc2665ef3f31a71d5442dc.jpg

This is the steak I have always bought for years and years......Excellent quality and Excellent price.......Now the cheapest steak they have is 520 baht a Kilo......

Make a successful business Hi-so and lose half your customers.....I have seen this happen many times in Thailand.........

20190831_155646.thumb.jpg.dbbbc740a0308991ca5fc878a0a83521.jpg

Do you by any chance know the position for Big C in Central Marina?  Thanks.

4 hours ago, john luke said:

Do you by any chance know the position for Big C in Central Marina?  Thanks.

I travel by scooter so park in Pattayasaisong 2 Alley.  I enter between the Nike and Home Mart marks, turn left and walk 150 metres and down escalators to Big C food hall and supermarket. Home goods and clothing on upper floor.

marina.JPG

On 3/31/2021 at 3:15 AM, fforest said:

Coming soon to Thailand...

Cannabis café selling food and drink laced with drugs comes to UK - but  there's a catch - Birmingham Live

Eating The Stigma: Is The Cannabis Cafe The Next American Culinary Trend?

Around the corner from me. Lasted a year. Now closed. 
not sure the demand was there but high rent and Covid didn’t help.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

IMG_20210402_184754.jpgThree of the bars in front of the pattaya Beer Garden we're open this evening

Not sure if Scooters is finished for good or just closed tonight but as it is Friday and there was quite a bit of activity in the area I found it strange I wouldn't be open if they were still operating at all

1617378483294.jpg

great to see Siren complex is reopening  👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t see these hemp shops or whatever they are called ending well given Thailand’s traditional position on drugs. I know that it’s not the part of the plant that contains the THC but all the same…doesn’t sit well with me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stray said:

I can’t see these hemp shops or whatever they are called ending well given Thailand’s traditional position on drugs. I know that it’s not the part of the plant that contains the THC but all the same…doesn’t sit well with me.

Well you will be sitting even less well when big fat buds are for sale.....

As I have said before I dislike weed very much but the writing is on the wall....There WILL BE full blown Amsterdam type cannabis cafes in Thailand............Especially in Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Hua Hin, Koh Samui

Edited by fforest

9 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well you will be sitting even less well when big fat buds are for sale.....

As I have said before I dislike weed very much but the writing is on the wall....There WILL BE full blown Amsterdam type cannabis cafes in Thailand............Especially in Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Hua Hin, Koh Samui

Some of us like a toke or three...

When I lived in Thailand really the only thing I missed was a daily good quality smoke.

Now -- once the Covid death march finishes the global cull -- life in TH will be perfect.

I can sit on my deck upcountry, smoke a bit, drink a cold Chang...and watch the rice grow.

🙂

20170812-IMG_4284.jpg

20170812-IMG_4291.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

47 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Some of us like a toke or three...

When I lived in Thailand really the only thing I missed was a daily good quality smoke.

Now -- once the Covid death march finishes the global cull -- life in TH will be perfect.

I can sit on my deck upcountry, smoke a bit, drink a cold Chang...and watch the rice grow.

🙂

20170812-IMG_4284.jpg

20170812-IMG_4291.jpg

I think my PTSD symptoms just flared up..... :default_crazy:

• Haha 1