Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

10 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Hopefully these cgi’s aren’t the actual reality 

I am afraid these drawings will turn out to be 100% accurate...Which will mean the promenade will be all but useless in the daylight hours due to the sun and heat.....Its been bad since the 2013 remodel but at least there has been a little shade.....Now there will be no shade at all Zero...

And the little bit of seating is just feet from the traffic??? 

I think I need to move now to a part of Pattaya that still has trees....Palm trees don't count as trees... 

• Great Info 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, TTD said:

I tire of all the doom and gloom... my GF (with no pull from any big-wigs) applied for her covid shot and got shot number 1 a few days ago.  The second shot was scheduled.  Normal people are getting shots! 

Shot's are being distributed... slowly and poorly done, but getting done.  Once the population has shots the rate of growth slows and levels off.  This just happened in the States... masks came off and people in my area resumed normalcy (a new version of normal) 

I know there are new variants and bla bla bla... but once the shots get in arms things IMPROVE and improve quickly.  

People LOVE Thailand.  Thailand LOVES tourism... the LOVE is there.  

Just allow some time for the shots to find arms.  It's been a LONG road.  I was here when it started... I arrived on February 2, 2020 and stayed for (6) months.  

I just arrived back on August 2nd and finish quarantine in (2) day's!  It's dead and that's sad for many... but I'm going to have a great trip!  

When I was here in "20 they closed things down... to the point of no booze sales (even from grocery stores)!  I still had a good time!  Fun is here to be had, just not in the same fashion as before.

As long as you have people who want to visit a place (Thailand) and that place wants to host guests... the match will be a swipe right... supply and demand.  

For those making the trip... you will LOVE the room rates.  Tons of ladies online willing and able to meet and greet you.  I miss the banging bars, but find a lot of upside to this quieter environment.  

Does your GF know about all these "tons of ladies" online who are "meeting and greeting" you? 🤣

Keep us posted on your trip.

If you can have fun right now in Pattaya members will love to know what you are up to with all the bars shut and it is the rainy season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I know that I am a miserable old pessimist most of the time but I think the reduction in the number of public seating was to "encourage" people to sit on the deckchairs ..

Back in 2013 when the promenade was a wonderful and inviting place and it was well used 24/7 .....The deck chairs were always busy......But after the 2013 beach massacre,when they removed most of the trees and seating, people quit going to the beach so much.....The deck chair usage has been dropping and dropping for years now.....And I expect this trend to continue........  

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, fforest said:

I am afraid these drawings will turn out to be 100% accurate...Which will mean the promenade will be all but useless in the daylight hours due to the sun and heat.....Its been bad since the 2013 remodel but at least there has been a little shade.....Now there will be no shade at all Zero...

And the little bit of seating is just feet from the traffic??? 

I think I need to move now to a part of Pattaya that still has trees....Palm trees don't count as trees... 

So what!

In the halcyon days of Pattaya most of our customers never saw the beach in daylight. Some didn't know there was a beach. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

This is sad...The new beach....The seating 3 feet from the traffic....lovely.....And zero shade..

237214736_4494881663866066_7176574935393646875_n.thumb.jpg.a986203fc5fdc4c2cc991bf76e695992.jpg

237482319_4494881513866081_2526955049568441733_n.thumb.jpg.b2b2be86635dc068c505f84dbce205a7.jpg

237329949_4494881470532752_1834704640685849037_n.thumb.jpg.4ba5df342e6afd3e4352493b746f88f4.jpg

Very sterile looking. Just a straight shot of nothing. The curves, trees and shrubbery of the pre-2013 promenade was far more aesthetically pleasing than anything they've come up with since.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TTD said:

I tire of all the doom and gloom... my GF (with no pull from any big-wigs) applied for her covid shot and got shot number 1 a few days ago.  The second shot was scheduled.  Normal people are getting shots! 

Shot's are being distributed... slowly and poorly done, but getting done.  Once the population has shots the rate of growth slows and levels off.  This just happened in the States... masks came off and people in my area resumed normalcy (a new version of normal) 

I know there are new variants and bla bla bla... but once the shots get in arms things IMPROVE and improve quickly.  

Just allow some time for the shots to find arms.  It's been a LONG road.  I was here when it started... I arrived on February 2, 2020 and stayed for (6) months.  

I just arrived back on August 2nd and finish quarantine in (2) day's!  It's dead and that's sad for many... but I'm going to have a great trip!  

When I was here in "20 they closed things down... to the point of no booze sales (even from grocery stores)!  I still had a good time!  Fun is here to be had, just not in the same fashion as before.

As long as you have people who want to visit a place (Thailand) and that place wants to host guests... the match will be a swipe right... supply and demand.  

For those making the trip... you will LOVE the room rates.  Tons of ladies online willing and able to meet and greet you.  I miss the banging bars, but find a lot of upside to this quieter environment.  

Respectfully.... The discussion isn't really about "doom and gloom", it's more geared toward economic reality. As many have accurately pointed out the overall conditions had been in  real decline for many years (enough on the ground observation on this has been documented in depth, for years). The pandemic has just been another massive sledge hammer coming down.

Sure.... there will always be fun to be had by the few fortunate blokes who happen get there for a few days, or even weeks/months. But long term "big money" investment and large numbers as we have seen in the distant past..... highly unlikely. Is this doom and gloom ? I think not.... more like a reasonable "reality check".

Really, when you think about it. Who here really wants the place to become a giant Chinese fish market ? I'd reckon very few.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TTD said:

I am sure that for some, Pattaya is still worth visiting depending on what one is looking for or happy with. 

Personally, I have never come to Pattaya for any other reason but the "atmosphere" and night life. I am sure that girls are available on line, but never been my scene. 

The beach and its, surroundings have been the last thing on my mind and I have not sat in a deck chair for years 

Rather than doom and Gloom, it's just a fact of Pattaya life, that bars and gogos are closed and after 8pm,Pattaya appears very much like a ghost town and a very different place since Covid came along. But I am not there to actually experience it first hand. 

What is clear, is that a large number of bars and gogos may have disappeared for ever. We won't truly know the impact or extent of the closures until Pattaya fully reopens to tourism. But in the meantime, this thread and other sources keep us up to date with recent developments

From a purely personal perspective, despite bargain accommodation and better exchange rates, I am not prepared as yet to buy an air ticket, go through the rigmarole of paperwork, spend 2 weeks in Quarantine at my own expense, only to order my food by delivery, buy alcohol from 7/11 and be off the streets by 9pm  It is a personal choice. 

For me, Pattaya without a nightlife could be like pretty much any coastal town, except that beaches and pools appear to be closed and not a lot to do in the evenings, let alone daytime

We ALL miss Pattaya (apart from those who are already there) and can't wait to get back for a holiday or longer stay etc but for many, including myself, there is the wonder of whether it will quickly bounce back or be changed forever. Only time will tell, and as you mention, Thailand will soon become near fully vaccinated. 

There are question marks over Walking Street at the moment and it's future. Not always my cup of tea but a major night  tourist attraction  so the future of bars and gogos will play an essential role in the future of Pattaya, post Covid and hence this topic. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am sure that for some, Pattaya is still worth visiting depending on what one is looking for or happy with. 

Personally, I have never come to Pattaya for any other reason but the "atmosphere" and night life. I am sure that girls are available on line, but never been my scene. 

The beach and its, surroundings have been the last thing on my mind and I have not sat in a deck chair for years 

Rather than doom and Gloom, it's just a fact of Pattaya life, that bars and gogos are closed and after 8pm,Pattaya appears very much like a ghost town and a very different place since Covid came along. But I am not there to actually experience it first hand. 

What is clear, is that a large number of bars and gogos may have disappeared for ever. We won't truly know the impact or extent of the closures until Pattaya fully reopens to tourism. But in the meantime, this thread and other sources keep us up to date with recent developments

From a purely personal perspective, despite bargain accommodation and better exchange rates, I am not prepared as yet to buy an air ticket, go through the rigmarole of paperwork, spend 2 weeks in Quarantine at my own expense, only to order my food by delivery, buy alcohol from 7/11 and be off the streets by 9pm  It is a personal choice. 

For me, Pattaya without a nightlife could be like pretty much any coastal town, except that beaches and pools appear to be closed and not a lot to do in the evenings, let alone daytime

We ALL miss Pattaya (apart from those who are already there) and can't wait to get back for a holiday or longer stay etc but for many, including myself, there is the wonder of whether it will quickly bounce back or be changed forever. Only time will tell, and as you mention, Thailand will soon become near fully vaccinated. 

There are question marks over Walking Street at the moment and it's future. Not always my cup of tea but a major night  tourist attraction  so the future of bars and gogos will play an essential role in the future of Pattaya, post Covid and hence this topic. 

Sums up my thoughts 100%.

We like to predict, and to be honest I think the place will pick up possibly faster than anyone expects it to once the borders open.

It only takes a few girls to start texting their friends telling them that there are bars opening, money to be made and work available and town will begin to fill up. Remember these girls are struggling now, bar owners eager to open and very probably a lot of guys keen to visit and spend their saved cash.

Anyone with a plan will be able to restock, open and restaff their existing business within a week or two, plus there will be ample notice of any influx of tourists.

However, as you said mate, until that time Pattaya is just another town like the thousands of others across Thailand at the moment and there is little or no reason or incentive for guys like ourselves (with no links to Thailand) to return.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Butch said:

Sums up my thoughts 100%.

We like to predict, and to be honest I think the place will pick up possibly faster than anyone expects it to once the borders open.

It only takes a few girls to start texting their friends telling them that there are bars opening, money to be made and work available and town will begin to fill up. Remember these girls are struggling now, bar owners eager to open and very probably a lot of guys keen to visit and spend their saved cash.

Anyone with a plan will be able to restock, open and restaff their existing business within a week or two, plus there will be ample notice of any influx of tourists.

However, as you said mate, until that time Pattaya is just another town like the thousands of others across Thailand at the moment and there is little or no reason or incentive for guys like ourselves (with no links to Thailand) to return.

Good post, as are most of the others.

No doubt, there should be a good surge after they "open up". The real question is - How long will it be able to sustain and possibly enable real growth.

As far as the girls go. I think they will we return in droves. For several reasons, but something that may not be mentioned is because of boredom they are probably suffering through now.

There is frequent discussion lately (and speculation) that they are turning to "streaming", etc. My thoughts are the smart ones (and the dumb ones) will return to the bars. Yet, more of them as freelancers. As they can balance their incomes by both working the bars (freelance or not), and streaming on the side. Could end up being beneficial for all.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

Does your GF know about all these "tons of ladies" online who are "meeting and greeting" you? 🤣

Keep us posted on your trip.

If you can have fun right now in Pattaya members will love to know what you are up to with all the bars shut and it is the rainy season.

So far it's rained 5 minutes in 13 day's I've been here.  I'm here for (8) months and don't expect or require perfect weather round the clock.  

Yes my lady friend is aware there are other females in Pattaya... she typically has 30+ on staff working for her.  

My point was it's possible to make a trip to Pattaya work to your advantage if you have an open mind.  It's probably best to stay home if you can't adapt.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, TTD said:

So far it's rained 5 minutes in 13 day's I've been here.  I'm here for (8) months and don't expect or require perfect weather round the clock.  

Yes my lady friend is aware there are other females in Pattaya... she typically has 30+ on staff working for her.  

My point was it's possible to make a trip to Pattaya work to your advantage if you have an open mind.  It's probably best to stay home if you can't adapt.  

Disney land for adults may be closed, but Mini mouse is still available methinks. 

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Respectfully.... The discussion isn't really about "doom and gloom", it's more geared toward economic reality. As many have accurately pointed out the overall conditions had been in  real decline for many years (enough on the ground observation on this has been documented in depth, for years). The pandemic has just been another massive sledge hammer coming down.

Sure.... there will always be fun to be had by the few fortunate blokes who happen get there for a few days, or even weeks/months. But long term "big money" investment and large numbers as we have seen in the distant past..... highly unlikely. Is this doom and gloom ? I think not.... more like a reasonable "reality check".

Really, when you think about it. Who here really wants the place to become a giant Chinese fish market ? I'd reckon very few.

As a non-big money investor... I guess I don't care.  If the place is fun I come and spend time.  When it's not I don't.  

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Disney land for adults may be closed, but Mini mouse is still available methinks. 

A copy paste... 

Seek and you shall find... in the Biblical sense, 'come to God and your prayers will be answered. In a wider literal sense it just means 'effort will be rewarded'.

Or alternatively, assume everything sucks it will never be the same... and pour another round staying home.    

7 minutes ago, TTD said:

As a non-big money investor... I guess I don't care.  If the place is fun I come and spend time.  When it's not I don't.  

Tip o da hat to you. I guess that just about says it all.

The only difference, I suppose is I am interested in socio economic trends, policy and development. Also I actually have friends there that I do care about and hope the best for their welfare.

13 minutes ago, TTD said:

As always, the "underground" and adaptability of the Thais in general will always provide a service where there is a need.

Problem is though, for me, 90% of Pattaya is about the atmosphere, the fun, the good restaurants, relaxing by the pool and catching up with friends. Looking at the eye candy probably makes up the other 10%, as my mongering days are well behind me, much like the Philippines (although we are largely based there and it is "home") - with the current restrictions in place, it offers nothing of value to me for making a visit.

There's no doubt, any single guy in Pattaya at the moment has the pick of the crop, and good luck to anyone able to enjoy it 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, fforest said:

This is sad...The new beach....The seating 3 feet from the traffic....lovely.....And zero shade..

237214736_4494881663866066_7176574935393646875_n.thumb.jpg.a986203fc5fdc4c2cc991bf76e695992.jpg

237482319_4494881513866081_2526955049568441733_n.thumb.jpg.b2b2be86635dc068c505f84dbce205a7.jpg

237329949_4494881470532752_1834704640685849037_n.thumb.jpg.4ba5df342e6afd3e4352493b746f88f4.jpg

All it needs is 5 Arabs/Indians arguing with a 'chubby' Thai girl about how much they want to pay to gangbang her, and it'll be like nothing's changed! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Butch said:

As always, the "underground" and adaptability of the Thais in general will always provide a service where there is a need.

Problem is though, for me, 90% of Pattaya is about the atmosphere, the fun, the good restaurants, relaxing by the pool and catching up with friends. Looking at the eye candy probably makes up the other 10%, as my mongering days are well behind me, much like the Philippines (although we are largely based there and it is "home") - with the current restrictions in place, it offers nothing of value to me for making a visit.

There's no doubt, any single guy in Pattaya at the moment has the pick of the crop, and good luck to anyone able to enjoy it 🙂

For me... One of the biggest realizations during the past few years has been how having a comfortable place, well located with an open, vast and beautiful view pretty much Trump's (no pun intended) just about anything else.

Peace and tranquility above all else. 

**** Although having some eye candy or a diversity of perverse options within a 5 or 10 minutes walk can be a nice side benefit. If you can have both, difficult to beat.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well from the latest reports it looks like they will be cutting down every last shade tree on the beach and they will be planting a crap load more palm trees.......

For you guys who dont give a flip about the beach.......

The beach DID HAVE a very good vibe that spread throughout Pattaya.....They just about killed the vibe in 2013....The beach was still marginally ok at night these last 7 years.....But it looks like now they want to make sure, the beach is good and dead.....

So if you wonder one day what the reasons are that Pattaya can't seem to recover.....You will need to look no further than Pattaya beach.....

The beach effects all businesses, bars, GoGos, restaurants, in a indirect but very direct way.....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Well from the latest reports it looks like they will be cutting down every last shade tree on the beach and they will be planting a crap load more palm trees.......

For you guys who dont give a flip about the beach.......

The beach DID HAVE a very good vibe that spread throughout Pattaya.....They just about killed the vibe in 2013....The beach was still marginally ok at night these last 7 years.....But it looks like now they want to make sure, the beach is good and dead.....

So if you wonder one day what the reasons are that Pattaya can't seem to recover.....You will need to look no further than Pattaya beach.....

The beach effects all businesses, bars, GoGos, restaurants, in a indirect but very direct way.....

I'm a big time walker 2+ hours a day while in Pattaya.  Personally, I never counted on the sidewalk trees for shade.  

I noticed the ladies enjoyed standing under the trees... that's probably the reasonI bothered walking there! For shade... the tall buildings up/down the Sois and 2nd Road did the trick.  

Funny thing about those trees... the rats love"em too.  Seen many a nasty bugger shooting up/down those trees countless times.  

As for Pattaya Beach... I wouldn't put a toe into that water!  Not in 2008, 2013 or now.  The smell and filth coming from the beach is/was a detriment for swimmers.  My experience with beaches... people are drawn to the water more than the sidewalk trimmings.  

No reason you can't have both, but sidewalks are more for... walking, selling stuff and meeting people.  I'm all for a good vibe, but I appreciate the wider spaces and improvements on the smoothness of the walkway.  It was a mess tripping and turning ankles walking that sidewalk.   

If they wanted to improve the beach (and they should) they might consider starting with the water and working back.  

There weren't many beaches in Angeles City and the go-go clubs... well... they were unaffected.  

15 hours ago, Butch said:

100% true, with the added bonuses of many of the girls asking for a far more sensible sum of Baht to spend a night with you, plus no bar-fine or silly money lady drinks to buy........

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The only difference, I suppose is I am interested in socio economic trends, policy and development. 

That sounds just like me on my various trips plus I was writing my thesis on the cultural differences between the southeast Asian population and those in north west Europe.

For reasons that escaped me most of my mates back in the UK thought I was just getting rat ass'd every night and shagging girls half my age. 

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Gazette officially announces relaxation of Covid-19 preventive measures, including restaurants reopening in dark-red zone provinces

Restaurants and similar places for selling food and beverages can be opened no later than 8:00 PM., with a limited number of customers dining in. Air-conditioned restaurants can open for not more than 50 percent of their capacity. Outdoor restaurants, including local restaurants and food stalls, must limit the dine-in customers to not more than 75 percent of their capacity. This measure shall apply to restaurants located in shopping malls, department stores, community malls, and other similar establishments. Selling and drinking alcoholic beverages are still prohibited during the service.

TPN media notes the Royal Gazette made no direct mention of the previously announced “pilot program” around requiring all staff AND customers to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, take a negative test within 72 hours, or recovered from Covid-19 within 3 months. However, they did state (see bottom of this article) that all prescribed measures from the Ministry of Public Health around “Universal Prevention” must be followed as directed by local authorities. “Universal Prevention” is the name of the pilot program that contains these rules.

Beauty establishments and beauty salons may be operated for hairdressing only. Health establishments or massage parlors can only provide foot massage services. Flea markets are allowed to be operated until 8:00 PM. for consumer goods only.

Department stores, shopping centers, community malls, or other similar establishments can also open from their usual business hours until 8:00 PM. Aesthetic clinics and beauty salons can be opened and provided service through an appointment. The service time in beauty salons is limited to no more than 1 hour per person.

Parks, sports fields, pools for sports or recreational water activities, public swimming pools, and other outdoor exercise facilities located outdoors can be carried out no later than 8:00 PM. Competitions can be staged without spectators in the stadium. (There are still some questions around pools in general, these should be answered by provincial orders. Golf was not specifically mentioned although is normally considered an outdoor exercise field and will likely be allowed to open-editor)

A mandatory curfew from 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. and limited travel restrictions will continue to take place until at least September 14th in the dark red zones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1