What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

Withdrawal Agreement Bill to be put before Parliament on Friday, obviously will pass, so probably another little bounce, then slow but steady climb until the Trade negotiations dramas IMO. 

f**k sake, Boris has started the 'no deal' dramas already. 

Gents, this thread, which is located in the main part of the forum, was created and intended to show the relative values if the Thai Baht and the U.K. Pound.

Occasionally it may wander into related areas, which are political in some ways and this enhances interest and is acceptable.

Could members, however,  please utilise the Political Section, particularly the Brexit thread or the U.K. General Election thread when this is most appropriate?

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, john luke said:

Gents, this thread, which is located in the main part of the forum, was created and intended to show the relative values if the Thai Baht and the U.K. Pound.

Occasionally it may wander into related areas, which are political in some ways and this enhances interest and is acceptable.

Could members, however,  please utilise the Political Section, particularly the Brexit thread or the U.K. General Election thread when this is most appropriate?

Thanks.

Okay Boss, though my post was relevant, that's why the £ just fell.

But point taken. 

19 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

What's going on, the damn pound's lower now than it was before the election???

Boris made it clear and is enshrining in law no extension to transition period end of 2020. Frankly we'll leave no deal and Sterling has dropped sharply.

Just had quick look prior to post interbank is 39.64 so am guessing yellow TTs are 39.48 give or take

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

So another year of uncertainty and a wildly fluctuating but ever-downwards exchange rate awaits us?

Bollox!

I would hope in 2020 the Thais will put downward pressure on the Baht (somehow) against the Greenback hopefully out to at least 32. That would push Sterling to over 42 again without Sterling/Dollar even moving from current levels

Heres hoping lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

I would hope in 2020 the Thais will put downward pressure on the Baht (somehow) against the Greenback hopefully out to at least 32. That would push Sterling to over 42 again without Sterling/Dollar even moving from current levels

Heres hoping lol

I hope Santa brings you what you wish for!

• Haha 1

So much for the Fx markets factoring in all available information. Nothing that Boris has done since the election that would affect the pound has been unexpected as far as I can see.

Did the traders think he would have a sudden change of heart when he got re-elected and call a second referendum, or cuddle up to Jo Swinson and cancel Brexit altogether?

I think the traders need to lay off the festive eggnog!

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

So much for the Fx markets factoring in all available information. Nothing that Boris has done since the election that would affect the pound has been unexpected as far as I can see.

Did the traders think he would have a sudden change of heart when he got re-elected and call a second referendum, or cuddle up to Jo Swinson and cancel Brexit altogether?

I think the traders need to lay off the festive eggnog!

That was my thought too.

However, we must not overlook that there are people in the market who are there only to make money (i.e. not because they have need of the currency), so will likely manipulate the price in whatever way achieves that. Remember Soros and Black Wednesday?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, RR007 said:

Boris made it clear and is enshrining in law no extension to transition period end of 2020

But with the HoC majority that the Tories now have he could change the law again if he wishes prior to the end of 2020, thats what has been said on Skynews 'All out Politics" by all and sundry.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Tonight at about 18.30 downtown Patts time........

IMG_20191219_17850.jpg

Hopefully some filled their boots with that TT error on Sterling.... Interbank was 12 satang lower than TT screen price  at that point

TT from guy on the ground today is 39.14 as of few minutes ago

Edited by RR007
  • Thumbs Up 1

Using that pound cost averaging that I always advocate via Transferwise my 4 transfers netted a rate of 40.27. Taking off the fees element the real rate ended up at 40.03 so half decent compared to the 36/37's we saw couple months ago

• Like 2