What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

Saturday 22nd January.....Soi Buakhao.........for the weekend..............

002.JPG

Has anyone else had problems entering this  forum during the day, I've kept getting a 403.....

First time of trying tonight, so no idea mate,  sorry. They do seem to do their server maintenance at weekends though! 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's all my fault.

Walking along buckhou yesterday morning, I stopped at the tt by 18coins to change some gbp. My walking companion almost wet himself as the girl lowered the rates in front of me to 44.28. 

I changed 400, and off to big c we toddled.

On the return journey the rates had increased again. I didnt need any more....

Incidently, the same tt booth has rejected one £50 note 3 times, as a corner has been torn off. Yesterday they exchanged it with no problem...

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Painter said:

It's all my fault.

Walking along buckhou yesterday morning, I stopped at the tt by 18coins to change some gbp. My walking companion almost wet himself as the girl lowered the rates in front of me to 44.28. 

I changed 400, and off to big c we toddled.

On the return journey the rates had increased again. I didnt need any more....

Incidently, the same tt booth has rejected one £50 note 3 times, as a corner has been torn off. Yesterday they exchanged it with no problem...

I think the new UK plasticised notes have made changing cash here a lot easier.  I found they were rejecting up to 10% of what was offered to them.  I still prefer to use transfer-wise (Wise) as it avoids the problem of damaged notes.

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

Somebody taking the mick. By recent standards, the pound had a good day yesterday.

Exchange rate 29-1-22.png

It has been consistently lower here on the street than in Pattaya. Plus they generally tend to fix the rate low for the weekend. Fortunately I don't have to change cash these days.

Edited by boydeste
  • Great Info 1