Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

That one in Soi 6 has been virtually empty time after time when I've gone by or gone in. It cant be coincidence every single time. 

Does the one on Soi 6 operate with the same business model used by other Soi 6 bars?

15 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I am having trouble with english !

I can teach you Denglish, however, it is easier if you start with a throat infection. Denglish is often referred to by Brits as a throat disorder. If you prefer the version however, you need not go have an infection of any kind you just need to get underwater and start speaking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I am having trouble with english !

I can teach you Dunglish, however, it is easier if you start with a throat infection. Dunglish is often referred to by Germans as a throat disorder. If you prefer the version however, you need not go have an infection of any kind you just need to get underwater and start screaming.

5 hours ago, Bazle said:

Does the one on Soi 6 operate with the same business model used by other Soi 6 bars?

I don’t believe Scooters on Soi6 has the same business model as the other ST places on the Soi. I could be wrong and would like info from BMs who have been there recently 

45 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

No , just a beer bar , does food and has a guest house above 

Ok thanks. I just googled it and I have been in there a few times but not sure if it was Scooters then, the girls were not all dressed in the same clothes. Some cuties about but none seemed interested in interacting or being bar fined, maybe they had seen me coming out of a ST place. That was my MO back then, hit the six in the afternoon and get ST, then have a beer, chill out and contemplate my next move. The place now know as Scooters was great for this and had a great view of the street 

I go into Scooters on Soi 6 when in town and everytime I have been in it has been busy. I usually go to the 6 from about 3-8pm.  The bar is not run along the same model as most bars on the 6 but the girls can be bar fined.

The bar is run along the same way as the other Scooters.... music videos at a good sound level and fair priced beer. Most seem to have a ST elsewhere and head to Scooters for a drink and people watch as they have a pretty good afternoon happy hour and seems to more of a place to go and have a drink.

Different setup than most of the other Soi 6 bars but seems to be more than holding their own. I have been to their other two bars.... and like most bars in Patts.... they have their quiet and busy times but I would say that they get there fair share of regular customers.

Don't know how it will work out for them in the location of the old Secrets but kudos to them for trying and I will drop in and have a drink next time in town. 

cheers

6 hours ago, roobob said:

I go into Scooters on Soi 6 when in town and everytime I have been in it has been busy. I usually go to the 6 from about 3-8pm.  The bar is not run along the same model as most bars on the 6 but the girls can be bar fined.

The bar is run along the same way as the other Scooters.... music videos at a good sound level and fair priced beer. Most seem to have a ST elsewhere and head to Scooters for a drink and people watch as they have a pretty good afternoon happy hour and seems to more of a place to go and have a drink.

Different setup than most of the other Soi 6 bars but seems to be more than holding their own. I have been to their other two bars.... and like most bars in Patts.... they have their quiet and busy times but I would say that they get there fair share of regular customers.

Don't know how it will work out for them in the location of the old Secrets but kudos to them for trying and I will drop in and have a drink next time in town. 

cheers

Drinking in the afternoon is not my scene so my visits to the two Scooters not in Soi 6 have both been in the evening when both bars were very busy.

I would expect the same to be what will happen when Scooters at Secrets opens ( I now believe on the Saturday, 30th of this month) with the bulk of the customers being in the evening as is the norm in the Walking Street area.

It is refreshing to read an objective assessment.

Reading some of the comments in this topic it seems to me that a number of contributors would welcome nothing more than the venture being a failure. I wonder why?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Drinking in the afternoon is not my scene so my visits to the two Scooters not in Soi 6 have both been in the evening when both bars were very busy.

I would expect the same to be what will happen when Scooters at Secrets opens ( I now believe on the Saturday, 30th of this month) with the bulk of the customers being in the evening as is the norm in the Walking Street area.

It is refreshing to read an objective assessment.

Reading some of the comments in this topic it seems to me that a number of contributors would welcome nothing more than the venture being a failure. I wonder why?

Agree with you...I have no idea why they would want the venture to fail. It was a shame that Secrets closed... but heck it is not the first longtime bar where the owner decided to close and move on and will not be the last.

Maybe the ones who seem to want the new venture to fail are holding out hope that Secrets will magically reopen up again. Anyway...I hope the new place goes well as I reckon their other bars are well run and good to have a coldie in with no hassles at all.

Good luck to Scooters at Secrets. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, roobob said:

Agree with you...I have no idea why they would want the venture to fail. It was a shame that Secrets closed... but heck it is not the first longtime bar where the owner decided to close and move on and will not be the last.

Maybe the ones who seem to want the new venture to fail are holding out hope that Secrets will magically reopen up again. Anyway...I hope the new place goes well as I reckon their other bars are well run and good to have a coldie in with no hassles at all.

Good luck to Scooters at Secrets. 

Actually, there has been no change of ownership. This is an "association" between two existing business entities.

Paul is still the owner and has personally put a lot of money both into Secrets and the new venture and thus safeguarded the continued employment of existing staff many of which have been with Secrets for a considerable time.

Nevertheless, looking forward to seeing the new lineup of Hostesses.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 2

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Actually, there has been no change of ownership. This is an "association" between two existing business entities.

Paul is still the owner and has personally put a lot of money both into Secrets and the new venture and thus safeguarded the continued employment of existing staff many of which have been with Secrets for a considerable time.

Nevertheless, looking forward to seeing the new lineup of Hostesses.

Thanks for the information and I understand that Scooters are taking over only the running of the bar section.

I wish all well for the future to both of the business entities.

Actually I think that will be one of the pluses....Scooters have three other bars in Patts and can easily rotate their current girls and the new girls they get through their venues.

cheers 

Edited by roobob

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

Nonsense I said it would fail and be closed by October for the very simple reason as mentioned at the time because of a serious lack of footfall in that particular area. Makes no odds to me whether they succeed or not as a bar

Edited by RR007

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

Nonsense I said it would fail and be closed by October for the very simple reason as mentioned at the time because of a serious lack of footfall in that particular area. Makes no odds to me whether they succeed or not as a bar

Properly handled it will thrive, Secrets managed to do for a couple of years (until a change in daily management).

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

Properly handled it will thrive, Secrets managed to do for a couple of years (until a change in daily management).

Personally think girls with signs at the top of WS as Secrets used to do will work , especially if they bring the cheap prices to WS 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Personally think girls with signs at the top of WS as Secrets used to do will work , especially if they bring the cheap prices to WS 

Yes, maybe some pretty girls advertising cheap beer would work.

On the other hand, are sufficient of the people who go to WS cost conscious?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I think the BIB stopped that a few years ago.

JDM