Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not my type of bikes personally,i have always ridden sportsbikes.Would love one of these.

I got my Bonnie back on the road last weekend. Looking forward to the UK weather getting better so I can take it up to north Wales for the day.

A couple of  classics I've owned over the years:

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

That isn't a bike, that is a two weeled car. And if I pay that much, I want to sit dry.

I was in Prague for the Harley Davidson rally last year.  I was taking to some of the owners.  The prices they pay for some of the machines are around the same level as prestige motor cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, john luke said:

I was in Prague for the Harley Davidson rally last year.  I was taking to some of the owners.  The prices they pay for some of the machines are around the same level as prestige motor cars.

I know, but the Honda Goldwing is completely outrageous in that regard. Besides that, it is nearly as wide as a car, negating the most obvious advantage of a bike (being able to weave through a traffic jam).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Freee!! said:

I know, but the Honda Goldwing is completely outrageous in that regard. Besides that, it is nearly as wide as a car, negating the most obvious advantage of a bike (being able to weave through a traffic jam).

The big bikes are very comfortable for long trips. Used to own an Ultra Classic and had many enjoyable trips across the USA. To be honest though, had a chance to ride a Goldwing a couple of times and found it more comfortable than the Ultra Classic. Mainly b/c it had a water cooled engine. But living in the home town of HD, Milwaukee, all my friends road HD's so that's what I bought too.

IMG_1353.jpg.3c70f718cf3ac7a8b293cffc55f019d8.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The big bikes are very comfortable for long trips. Used to own an Ultra Classic and had many enjoyable trips across the USA. To be honest though, had a chance to ride a Goldwing a couple of times and found it more comfortable than the Ultra Classic. Mainly b/c it had a water cooled engine. But living in the home town of HD, Milwaukee, all my friends road HD's so that's what I bought too.

IMG_1353.jpg.3c70f718cf3ac7a8b293cffc55f019d8.jpg

The 2019 Goldwing is some machine. 

Screenshot_20190411-113107_Chrome.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Punter said:

I got my Bonnie back on the road last weekend. Looking forward to the UK weather getting better so I can take it up to north Wales for the day.

013.JPG

This has got a 2006 plate on it. Of course it's not the same bike as Triumph Bonnevilles built in Meriden up to the late 70s. Nevertheless it's one the last  Bonnies built at the Hinkley factory in England. I am planning on keeping it until I can ride it no longer and then giving it to my son. 

Triumph Bonnevilles are now made in Thailand. The factory can be seen on the journey from Pattaya to Bangkok. I was absolutely amazed when I first saw it in 2015. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Punter said:

This has got a 2006 plate on it. Of course it's not the same bike as Triumph Bonnevilles built in Meriden up to the late 70s. Nevertheless it's one the last  Bonnies built at the Hinkley factory in England. I am planning on keeping it until I can ride it no longer and then giving it to my son. 

Triumph Bonnevilles are now made in Thailand. The factory can be seen on the journey from Pattaya to Bangkok. I was absolutely amazed when I first saw it in 2015. 

A nice looking bike.

Triumph now have a showroom in Pattaya.

https://m.triumphmotorcycles.co.th/dealers/thailand/triumph pattaya?sc_device=mobile

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...