Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Uncle was in town on/off since April from South Africa with his wife. Had sent me an email then but it looked like a scam, finally he messaged me back & he took Mom & I to lunch at a local spot. Been wanting to try this place since I was 10, grew up a mile away. Old house converted to an Italian restaurant, always full of locals and very popular, must have reservations 

After an hour of drinking Peroni and catching up, finally made up my mind and just grabbed a tuna spaghettini with lemon & garlic…..didn’t want to gouge my Uncle, but should have went with a meat dish instead of the daily specials. Great dish, very tasty, but you won’t find me coming back here…..too many options in the city when I want to eat out. Owner is smart, he knows most of his clientele is made up of older folks whose houses went up 1000% over the years, and fine dining options that close to home are limited. They don’t care about a few extra $ for a pasta….I do! About 10k baht for lunch for 4 people with little booze…..Christ no wonder people retire to Asia & South America 

IMG_2205.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

In Thailand a week, and only having my first one of these today, standards are slipping.

Outrageous price of 300 Baht! 

Fucking lovely it was, super spicy but not that much you couldn't taste how fresh the fish was! 

20230727_192318.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

Beef lamb, and Suki, at Family Thai restaurant. Best Thai restaurant in Ao Nang, for us. Really cheap as well.

Always packed, but don't have to wait now in low season.

Reminds me a bit of the hole in the wall/tin cup in Soi Baukhao, only better.

20230728_184257.jpg

20230728_184303.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

17 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Tried something different tonight, beef stew in a Vienna loaf.

IMG_4896.jpegIMG_4897.jpegIMG_4898.jpeg

Our local chain with a million locations, Tim Horton’s, used to do that as a promo years ago, chili in the loaf…..

Why the hell they discontinued it I’ll never know….delicious 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

IMG_2219.jpeg

That looks like the type of thing I will often do. Simple, but very tasty.

That meat looks scrumptious. Some nice buttered taters to fill up the gut.

Sometimes isn't that bad to be a lazy f@#k. 

• Haha 1

Went to that wee Mexican place wee discovered kinda out of the way.

My wife's got a bit of a cold, sore throat, so didn't want anything spicy, had some sweetcorn concoction.

But the food was fabulous again, really was. If ever in Ao Nang check this place out, Mananna's. 

20230729_183921.jpg

20230729_184047.jpg

20230729_183742.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4