Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

My last Costco memebership in Calgary ran out April/2020 when COVID started. Groupon, who I hadn’t used since way before then, well I decided to peruse their site & the first deal that came up was $245 in value for $60…..Little bit misleading, but still a steal….year of membership, $45 cash card for store, $40 off a $250+ purchase online, and $100 off travel, which apparently has the best prices out there-if you believe the Moroccan girl where I signed up after buying the Groupon 😂

So after getting my card Friday & walking around but not buying anything- queues were horrible-went back tonight. You have to know what is worth buying, and unless you have a fast metabolism, pay attention to serving sizes…..if you save 25% per portion but end up eating 4x as much…..you ain’t saving ! 

Meat looked very good quality and freshness/packaging, prices not as good as my local market’s super specials, but for everyday I think Costco is hard to beat. Gas is about 7% cheaper, so if you fill up religiously you can figure out yourselves the yearly savings. Cereal, which I don’t eat much but like sex I miss very much if there’s none in the house…..very cheap….Mini-wheats $8 CAD for 1.6Kg, these days since labour shortage I’ve seen $7 for 1/4 the size

Honey, pickles, pasta sauce, Thai chili sauce….bigger sizes but cannot tell if worth it. The big Häagen-Dazs bars that are usually $8/3….$14.50/9, can’t beat that. Bounty towels-the quicker picker upper-$22/12, or about $1.25 USD/roll-also good. They sell booze, again not as cheap as local specials, but Corona bottles $39/28, Heineken 330mL cans $60/48……..I’ve seen worse! 

These Peruvian Hass avocados were $8 for 5…..sometimes I get a dozen for $11 but as the ladies always say….size matter, and I have some pretty big mitts. Anxious to eat these

I shall return, intend to fully use my membership, Mom is not a fan because way back in late 80’s Dad would buy insane quantities of frozen chicken nuggets, licorice, and cigarettes! 

IMG_2391.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2