Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

That shrimp dish looks great.      Is there a name for it ?

Also.... is that brown rice ? If so, you are a wise man !

Just prawn fried rice,the rice was white not sure how she turns in that colour.There was quite a bit of chili in it,maybe she used her powder,that'd turn it a bit brown.

23 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Just prawn fried rice,the rice was white not sure how she turns in that colour.There was quite a bit of chili in it,maybe she used her powder,that'd turn it a bit brown.

Probably oyester sauce or something. 

They have so many little flavoring tricks. I am at a loss in even trying some of their cooking.

I have a friend that comes over every now and then and cooks for me. Blows my mind.

She's making a big batch of Tom Kha Goong in a couple of days. I asked her to please get big goong.   lol

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Soy sauce ...??

I was going to say that at first. But I don't think soy sauce is very popular here. I had trouble even finding it, or else my memory is failing me (which is very likely). Heck, I don't know.

Every day is a new adventure.....

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Probably oyester sauce or something. 

They have so many little flavoring tricks. I am at a loss in even trying some of their cooking.

I have a friend that comes over every now and then and cooks for me. Blows my mind.

She's making a big batch of Tom Kha Goong in a couple of days. I asked her to please get big goong.   lol

Just asked 'er indoors,it was nam prik pao.

53384f7ebc8737a9120b86db_298x487.webp

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Chips look nice !!

You think? I’m not a picky eater but I can  confirm I have had better

UBER is a horrible entity…..they wanted about 1500 baht for two of these delivered, so many fees tacked on……But this dish was 2-4-1, I signed on to UBER ONE free for 3 months, for another promo % off AND drive & picked it up…..About 650 baht was a steal, well since COVID inflation hit hard everywhere

If there’s no promotion, just phone up the business the old fashioned way and give them 100% of the $

Edited by Golfingboy

27 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

They look good for covering in salt and vinegar then leaving in the fridge for a few hours .... Or perhaps that is just me that is a weirdo ....(which is very likely of course)

No no…..the most sane gent on this board DD

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Isn't it one of the 5 sauces in the container thingy they put on every table in thai restaurents ???

Or in one of the sachets you get when having fried rice takeaway ??

I usually see four containers.  Fish sauce often with sliced prik kee noo, vinegar usually also with a bit of slice chilis, dry crushed red chili, and sugar.

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Chips look nice !!

Normally agree with you but I can't say the picture inspires me.

The chips look confused, deciding whether they are chips or maybe carrot batons deep fried and left out on a clothes line to dry. As for the fish, well little to be said, it looks like it was in the process of being cremated before being rescued lol.

Deep fried carrot batons:

Carrot batons.jpg

Of course, GB has to eat that and he knows he has had better.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1