Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

30 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That looks good enough to eat!!

I used to love the HDB food courts in the nineties. Whether Indian or Chinese origin, it was top quality, cheap and filling!

Ah yes the good old days! 

Not cheap now. Food court prices in Sinapore are numerically similar to Malaysia but the exchange rate is almostc3:1

But maybe not bad compared to the UK, my lamb chop meal was SGD17.

My favourite is Indian in such places, but my wife prefers not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Not cheap now. Food court prices in Sinapore are numerically similar to Malaysia but the exchange rate is almostc3:1

But maybe not bad compared to the UK, my lamb chop meal was SGD17.

My favourite is Indian in such places, but my wife prefers not.

Shit yeh! I loved the Indian food in the Shah Alam "Industrial" area .. Even though I lived in Mont Kiara (which was a new development at the time!!!) I'd still swing in there for food rather than expat places .. .. Same same  pretty much everywhere I've lived really !!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:08 AM, Glasseye said:

A huge plus in LOS. No sales tax.

There is sales tax in Thailand (7% I think).  It's a national tax so you don't see different prices in different locations, and it's usually included in the price you see.  When you a price with "++" next to it, one of the + is for this tax.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KWA said:

There is sales tax in Thailand (7% I think).  It's a national tax so you don't see different prices in different locations, and it's usually included in the price you see.  When you a price with "++" next to it, one of the + is for this tax.

It's actually a VAT, so it's added every step of a products life cycle.  The "++" is usually in restaurants and hotels when they add that and a service charge to the price shown, rather than just incorporating it in the price like retail outlets do.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KWA said:

Thanks for mentioning. Yes there is VAT something us Yanks (or, at least me anyway) don't think about often.

The sales tax I was comparing to in the U.S. are State and local (municiple and sometimes county). They can vary from State to State.

15 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Giant ribs with spuds and onions for dinner.

20230907_181538.jpg

Serious question, please don't laugh.. I know we have discussed HOW you poop but 

How many of your veggie 5 a day do you regularly get when you are lakeside? No matter how many baked beans you eat, it only counts as one...

When in town I struggle to get my 5 in which is why I eat takeaway from Sea Side on Pothole because that tends to be 3 a day topped up to 5 with haw mok if I can catch the lady.... ... My pooping is kept regular by the added beer chang in Katesiree !

Yesterday I had breakfast in Hungry Hippo but that really f***d up my digestive system.. I felt sick most of the day!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Serious question, please don't laugh.. I know we have discussed HOW you poop but 

How many of your veggie 5 a day do you regularly get when you are lakeside? No matter how many baked beans you eat, it only counts as one...

When in town I struggle to get my 5 in which is why I eat takeaway from Sea Side on Pothole because that tends to be 3 a day topped up to 5 with haw mok if I can catch the lady.... ... My pooping is kept regular by the added beer chang in Katesiree !

Yesterday I had breakfast in Hungry Hippo but that really f***d up my digestive system.. I felt sick most of the day!

A few years back I went to the E.R. with the most intense pains I have ever had ( I think I told this story in here before, so this one is short).

The pain lasted for hours and I thought at one point it very well could have been a heart attact. So I went.

The did every fcukin test you could think of including an MRI. Gave me two shots of morphine that I didn't ask for (it didn't do squat).

They couldn't find anything wrong with me. The pain subsided a bit and they released me. I found my way back home. Laid back down and somehow fell alsleep. 

I think it was gas.

--------------------------------------------

The best thing (and I will continue to beat the horse on this on) for a stable gut is yogurt. Once your gut bacteria is in balance craps should be fairly regular (yet some days larger depending on how much you consume). 

:default_deadhorse:

image.png

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Normally during a week in France, I Don't get any of my 5 a day, unless onions count. I usually drink beer every day too.

Pooping every morning soon after I get up is fairly firm and normal. 

You raise a good point because this trip I am here for 3 weeks. This first week I brought all of the usual meat I eat at home. I have a large cool box in the van which keeps food cold all week. 

Next week I am on a different lake and have packed porridge and tinned food for the week. 

The 3rd week on another lake I have paid for the food package which provides a cooked evening meal of various sorts. I plan to eat porridge for breakfast. 

3 weeks without my normal veg is not good. 

We will visit a supermarket in the morning on our way to the new lake to replenish supplies. I am now going to buy some fruit and yoghurt.

Thanks for the question.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Normally during a week in France, I Don't get any of my 5 a day, unless onions count. I usually drink beer every day too.

Pooping every morning soon after I get up is fairly firm and normal. 

You raise a good point because this trip I am here for 3 weeks. This first week I brought all of the usual meat I eat at home. I have a large cool box in the van which keeps food cold all week. 

Next week I am on a different lake and have packed porridge and tinned food for the week. 

The 3rd week on another lake I have paid for the food package which provides a cooked evening meal of various sorts. I plan to eat porridge for breakfast. 

3 weeks without my normal veg is not good. 

We will visit a supermarket in the morning on our way to the new lake to replenish supplies. I am now going to buy some fruit and yoghurt.

Thanks for the question.

Apples and raisins are good also. They last a long time, easy to pack, great for digestion.

• Like 1