Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Bye bye Hooters (and others). I have had some great meals at many of these places over the years. But it appears many of them will soon be down the toilet.

I especially remember Ponderosa Steak House when I was a kid. What a treat for me that always was. Many of you may cosider their basic steak as shit. But for me at the time it was wonderful.

https://explore.reference.com/these-53-restaurant-chains-are-on-the-brink-of-disappearing-entirely-copy/21?utm_subid=17822006

31 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Evening meal in Phuket Town.

Beef enchiladas, chicken Tachos and an Australian steak dish.

Was superb.

20231212_193826.jpg

20231212_193821.jpg

20231212_193816.jpg

That steak looks tremendous. Probably marinated flank steak. Typically what is in a fajita. My brother used to do a fabulous fajita set up. Yes, you can use chicken, but for some reason I never do chicken when ordering Mexican food.

Many moons ago I took a vacation to Acapulco. I was there for ten days, it was already on it's way downhill but it fit the budget and for me offerred kind of a historical advantage over some of the other coastal spots. Now, it is a absolute shithole, no go zone.

I love Mexican food, but surprisingly to me I found that eating it every day became tedious. Cheese overload I reckon.

And more fat people than I have ever seen, anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, Glasseye said:

And more fat people than I have ever seen, anywhere.

93-4 We were in Uvalde TX & I loved both the little Mexican places off the beaten track & the superb TexMex restaurants in San Antonio & Houston,especially Papasito's where the food was wonderful & the frozen margaritas even better.

Put on lots of pounds though.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Dinner last night.

Oysters, chicken satay, prawns, a mixed veg dish and some garlic bread. 

20231213_194612.jpg

20231213_194646.jpg

20231213_200000.jpg

20231213_195136.jpg

20231213_195132.jpg

Geeezus Christ mate. You did it up well on that one !

How were the oysters ? I can't remember the last time I had some of those.

When my dad was a young man he lived near the coast of Oregon. Often he would dive for abalone. He was an oyster loving freak. 

tps://www.thespruceeats.com/about-abalone-2215715

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2023 at 4:12 PM, Glasseye said:

Many moons ago I took a vacation to Acapulco. I was there for ten days, it was already on it's way downhill but it fit the budget and for me offerred kind of a historical advantage over some of the other coastal spots. Now, it is a absolute shithole, no go zone.

I love Mexican food, but surprisingly to me I found that eating it every day became tedious. Cheese overload I reckon.

That story deserves a song

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Geeezus Christ mate. You did it up well on that one !

How were the oysters ? I can't remember the last time I had some of those.

When my dad was a young man he lived near the coast of Oregon. Often he would dive for abalone. He was an oyster loving freak. 

tps://www.thespruceeats.com/about-abalone-2215715

We get Abalone here , although we call them Ormers , last time I had them was in France though , in 2012 ...

P1000645.jpeg

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 4