Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

We checked out Paddy's Irish Pub & Grill on soi Siam Country club.

Starters were spinach and artichoke dip and jalapeño poppers.

image.jpeg

We shared a French onion soup (already devoured in photo), the girls had a penne chicken alfredo and carbonara spaghetti and I went with a blue cheese, mushroom, bacon burger with Cajun fries.

image.jpeg

Everything was excellent.  Service also very good. 

As the sister restaurant to Route 66, it struck me as a very American take on an Irish pub.  It's a huge, immaculate place.  Naturally decorated entirely in green, with several Irish dishes on the menu, but also pretty much everything that is on Route 66's menu.

We'll be back.

Edited by tko
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lunch at Texas Smokehouse on soi Siam country club.  The first time I went I thought prices were high, but found out portions were huge.

One brisket plate with additional sides of mac & cheese and smoked sausages is more than the three of us could eat.  Some of everything came home.  Their BBQ sauce isn't very good but the meats are so good they don't need it.

image.jpeg

So, for expats from Texas, inside a half mile of this section of the soi we can enjoy:

• A chicken fried steak or a grand slam breakfast at Route 66 
  • Smoked brisket, ribs, sausage and chicken here
  • Some of the best Tex-Mex I've had in Thailand at Taco House. 

And it's all a 45 minute drive from home, which was how long my daily commute each way was when I was working in Texas.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, tko said:

Lunch at Texas Smokehouse on soi Siam country club.  The first time I went I thought prices were high, but found out portions were huge.

One brisket plate with additional sides of mac & cheese and smoked sausages is more than the three of us could eat.  Some of everything came home.  Their BBQ sauce isn't very good but the meats are so good they don't need it.

image.jpeg

So, for expats from Texas, inside a half mile of this section of the soi we can enjoy:

• A chicken fried steak or a grand slam breakfast at Route 66 
  • Smoked brisket, ribs, sausage and chicken here
  • Some of the best Tex-Mex I've had in Thailand at Taco House. 

And it's all a 45 minute drive from home, which was how long my daily commute each way was when I was working in Texas.

Definately adding that to my list of places next time in Patts !

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, KWA said:

Persuaded when drunk in the 711 that their special offer on these was too good to resist.  Never again.crisps.jpg

I have yet to discover a Thai made snack food (of that type) to be anything more the shit.

The only thing I will eat of that sort is Lays potato chips. And you know where those are made.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, KWA said:

Persuaded when drunk in the 711 that their special offer on these was too good to resist.  Never again.crisps.jpg

4 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I have yet to discover a Thai made snack food (of that type) to be anything more the shit.

The only thing I will eat of that sort is Lays potato chips. And you know where those are made.

Same here, as far as any of the flavored ones go.  I like Tasto plain ridged potato chips better than Lays though.

Just now, tko said:

Same here, as far as any of the flavored ones go.  I like Tasto plain ridged potato chips better than Lays though.

My favorite used to be Jays potato chips. A regional brand which was similar to Lays, but better.

Used to come in a big blue and white bin...

How Potato Chip Bags Have Changed Over Time

I also have trouble setting down a bag of original Fritos chips, or Doritos originals...

IMG_8554.1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Still haven't faced a fry up for breakfast. 

Love how the beans on toast is self service. Lol

20221227_201234.jpg

20221227_201244.jpg

Look at that piece of toast on the bottom left and see how the beans are making the butter melt and all those juicy tastes are slowly sinking into the bread toast!

You Sir are a connoisseur !!

In all my travels working all over the world, living in the cheapest B&Bs to the most expensive hotels in the World's most expensive cities, the best beans on toast I have ever tasted were on the car ferry from Southampton to the IOW in the 60s when my Dad was a lorry driver.

Really thick fresh baked white crusty bread, medium toasted, big BIG chunks of anchor butter melting onto the toast with hot Heinz beans poured on top.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Look at that piece of toast on the bottom left and see how the beans are making the butter melt and all those juicy tastes are slowly sinking into the bread toast!

You Sir are a connoisseur !!

In all my travels working all over the world, living in the cheapest B&Bs to the most expensive hotels in the World's most expensive cities, the best beans on toast I have ever tasted were on the car ferry from Southampton to the IOW in the 60s when my Dad was a lorry driver.

Really thick fresh baked white crusty bread, medium toasted, big BIG chunks of anchor butter melting onto the toast with hot Heinz beans poured on top.

You can't beat proper butter on ya toast, whatever else is involved. These beans are pretty good for Thailand to be fair.

• Thumbs Up 1