Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Italian themed Frittata. Topped with mozzarella, Romano, cheddar, pepperoni, and mushrooms.

image.jpeg

In the base beef Bolognese (non pimped), Parmesan, mozzarella.

image.jpeg

The result was a bit runnier than I hoped for but my family gave it thumbs up and scooped it up with tortilla chips.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Should have taken a pic of the lunch which was fantastic. First time I have cooked a leg of lamb, a bit big for two of us but well worth the half price deal, normally £35 but bought for £17. Went down nice with a drop of red.

IMG20221209194219.jpg

IMG20221211152440.jpg

Well Done mate! I always cooked a Leg of Lamb in UK when I had my sons visiting.... you've done very well !!

I've noticed 19 Crimes is now being sold at most 7/11s for 600 Baht... So I might check out the shelves in Friendship to see how much they sell it for.... I might splash out for Xmas Day !!

EDIT = I've also noticed that the "Chef's privilege" is still intact! It is the small muscle near the bone at the end. My Mum would cut that bit off to "check to see if it was done"

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Well Done mate! I always cooked a Leg of Lamb in UK when I had my sons visiting.... you've done very well !!

I've noticed 19 Crimes is now being sold at most 7/11s for 600 Baht... So I might check out the shelves in Friendship to see how much they sell it for.... I might splash out for Xmas Day !!

EDIT = I've also noticed that the "Chef's privilege" is still intact! It is the small muscle near the bone at the end. My Mum would cut that bit off to "check to see if it was done"

Just for info, if anyone is wondering what the black bits are, I did put loads of garlic into the lamb before cooking.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

(that's a lot of) cinnamon

"Like many spices, cinnamon has been said to worsen acid reflux symptoms, especially when eaten in large amounts. However, no research currently proves that cinnamon causes or worsens acid reflux. It's likewise unlikely to alleviate this condition. That said, people with acid reflux have different triggers."

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/cinnamon-acid-reflux

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lazarus said:

"Like many spices, cinnamon has been said to worsen acid reflux symptoms, especially when eaten in large amounts. However, no research currently proves that cinnamon causes or worsens acid reflux. It's likewise unlikely to alleviate this condition. That said, people with acid reflux have different triggers."

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/cinnamon-acid-reflux

Thanks Matt , it’s true they say all spices should be avoided, even garlic. But I’m trying to look back when I have a painful day/night, and it’s not harming me. Heard chocolate is awful too, well I’m slowly gobbling down a 12 Oz Toblerone, 2 squares a night. It’s also been OK. 

But I haven’t had a coffee, Nespresso pod or full size store bought, in a week. Love my Joe, but I can’t tempt fate. The attack I had in October was right after downing a huge McDonald’s 2/2…..they say the caffeine aggravates the condition, I think in my case the largest available serving with cream&sugar is really a NO-NO. The 7 Oz pods probably OK, but it’s amazing how 2 ER visits can suddenly increase willpower! 

• Thumbs Up 1