Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

8 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Got my first cast-iron the Boxing Week just before the pandemic hit. Loved it, so versatile, should be taught in grade-school to be a must-have. With all the crap that happened, had to leave it behind, really miss it

Yep. I have been wanting one for a long time. They're just not very practical when moving around a lot. 

I had to leave most of the old cooking gear behind, but nothing much worthy of keeping as the stuff I had was pretty worn out. I didn't pick up any newer quality stuff for a long time knowing I wouldn't be shipping it.

I did hang on to the old crock pot though (looking forward to breaking that out also) and kept a few of the old kitchen utensils that have more sentimental value than anything. Things like an old wood handle ice pick that I can remember as a little kid.

This was a new one for me.  It was chicken mince made into a patty and covered in some kind of glaze.  Bought ready cooked from Big C Extra and just needed heating up at home.  Quite tasty and I'll probably buy again if they have them.

chicken mince.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, KWA said:

This was a new one for me.  It was chicken mince made into a patty and covered in some kind of glaze.  Bought ready cooked from Big C Extra and just needed heating up at home.  Quite tasty and I'll probably buy again if they have them.

chicken mince.jpg

I would call that "taut man gai".

There are quite a few variants:-

- Taut men gai

- Taut man talay

- Taut man moo

- Taut man bpli which is my absolute bloody favourite. Normally from Central Thailand it is made from the large flower that hangs down under each bunch of bananas. Lovely and spicy. Perfect to snack on watching the footie ...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1