Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Mushroom and leek sausages, Basmati rice, and sweetcorn mixed with various herbs and spices, with reggae reggae sauce.

IMG_0103.jpeg

Never had Reggae Reggae sauce, what's it similar to mate?

Edited by boydeste

Finally got my mum into the care home,after an awful lot of tantrums.

So my local is just over the road & I popped in for some stress relief & man did I need it.

I don't usually go in there on a Friday so I wasn't expecting the free pizza slices which were very nice.

After 5 pints of Timothy Taylor Landlord & said pizza all I could manage when I got home was this.....

Mind you it was good....

PHOTO-2024-02-09-21-04-03.jpg

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Warburton crumpets with butter and Bovril for brunch.

20240210_100024.jpg

For interest i did some research:

Bovril vs marmite.                               The most significant difference between Bovril and Marmite is the base ingredients used to make the spreads. Bovril relies primarily on beef extract and a little on yeast extract, while Marmite is almost entirely made of yeast extract and very little else. 

Marmite vs vegemite                    both spreads made from brewer's yeast that are often used in place of butter on toast or as a sandwich filling. There is a distinct difference between the two flavors. And whether you grew up with Marmite or Vegemite will probably determine which you like best.

Bovril fans living in the USA should know that it cannot be imported into the US due to USDA restrictions. There is a beef spread produced in the USA - Bovrite.

• Great Info 3

On 2/9/2024 at 10:17 PM, boydeste said:

Just treated my mate to a fish and chip dinner at our local pub, 2 meals for 15 quid.

I don't often eat fish, but don't mind a clean, quality bit of cod.

This was very nice.

20240209_133732.jpg

Oh damn. You know that is killing me mate.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/10/2024 at 4:11 AM, coxyhog said:

Finally got my mum into the care home,after an awful lot of tantrums.

So my local is just over the road & I popped in for some stress relief & man did I need it.

I don't usually go in there on a Friday so I wasn't expecting the free pizza slices which were very nice.

After 5 pints of Timothy Taylor Landlord & said pizza all I could manage when I got home was this.....

Mind you it was good....

PHOTO-2024-02-09-21-04-03.jpg

Major day for you mate, indeed.

Try not to fret too much. Soon she will be settled and probably much better cared for.

Tip of my cap to you.           :default_bow:

10 hours ago, Zambo said:

For interest i did some research:

Bovril vs marmite.                               The most significant difference between Bovril and Marmite is the base ingredients used to make the spreads. Bovril relies primarily on beef extract and a little on yeast extract, while Marmite is almost entirely made of yeast extract and very little else. 

Marmite vs vegemite                    both spreads made from brewer's yeast that are often used in place of butter on toast or as a sandwich filling. There is a distinct difference between the two flavors. And whether you grew up with Marmite or Vegemite will probably determine which you like best.

Bovril fans living in the USA should know that it cannot be imported into the US due to USDA restrictions. There is a beef spread produced in the USA - Bovrite.

I love Bovril as a hot drink. Big teaspoon full in a mug of hot water and add pepper, lovely. Always used to have one at the football.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, richy65 said:

I love Bovril as a hot drink. Big teaspoon full in a mug of hot water and add pepper, lovely. Always used to have one at the football.

Was nice on a cold day watching Rangers lose again.😀

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, richy65 said:

Yes i used to have a drink of oxo cube - beef or chicken. For toast marmite. I only remember bovril as gravy granuals.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Yes i used to have a drink of oxo cube - beef or chicken. For toast marmite. I only remember bovril as gravy granuals.

I use the Bovril from the glass pots, its like treacle but stirs into the hot water 

• Thumbs Up 2