Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

20 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I've been trying to work out what the white stuff was since you posted.. just realised is the fried egg 555

For some reason the cook put the egg under the chicken for once. Still tasted damn good...

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Pasta salad in Jamie Olivers.

Eating just before flight with China easter Airlines as heard most of what they serve is unedible ,can't be that bad....can it 🙃

17080999864055901461913188448983.jpg

Safe travels…..I mean that 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fish comes already crumbed and cooked so just needs a few minutes in the pan to freshen it up. 40 baht from Big C Extra and I threw away the lettuce and sauce that came with it.  Chips probably another 10 baht and 15 minutes in the air fryer.

fish and chips 12.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Inflation strikes again - one of my favourite Thai snacks, "kai pung", which I have been enjoying for years; when I first started buying them years ago it was four for 20b, then a year or two before Covid they cut that back to three for 20b and now the price is 25b:

rsz_kai_pung.jpg

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Inflation strikes again - one of my favourite Thai snacks, "kai pung", which I have been enjoying for years; when I first started buying them years ago it was four for 20b, then a year or two before Covid they cut that back to three for 20b and now the price is 25b:

rsz_kai_pung.jpg

Obviously a boiled egg of some description , I tried googling it and nothing came up .. 🤷‍♂️. It's not something I've come across before , what's it flavoured with ? 

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Obviously a boiled egg of some description , I tried googling it and nothing came up .. 🤷‍♂️. It's not something I've come across before , what's it flavoured with ? 

I saw a YouTube video in Thai of how they make these some time ago, I'll try and find it again when I have time; what they basically do is get a quantity of fresh eggs, and knock a small hole in the end of them and drain the contents. They then mix them all up with Maggi sauce amongst others, I believe, and grey pepper and then they use a big syringe or similar apparatus to put the mixture back into the eggs. Then they are placed in a large pot with a jig in the bottom to keep them upright, and are steamed. They are easy to peel and have an interesting taste and texture. Sometimes they'll sell them from street stalls, usually placed three on a stick but I prefer to buy them from the wandering vendors with the pole over the shoulder - they'll usually sell peanuts and snacks from one basket and these eggs, along with normal hard-boiled eggs and quail eggs, from the other. Try them, you might like them...

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, maipenrai said:

rsz_kai_pung.jpg

It’s an outrage Gord! Vote with your feet! 

Baht bus up to 15B too now, or they just round up to 50 because they can’t make change ?