Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

How are you making your Penang sauce mate?

I always use Mae Ploy brand. I make the sauce in a frying pan rather than a pot, start of with the cream from the top of of the tin of coconut milk and stir about 50 gms of the paste together with the cream until its blended together, then start adding the rest of the coconut milk gradually over a medium heatI add a couple of kafir lime leaves and a dessert spoon of palm sugar.This then needs to simmer for about 20 mins and you will see the sauce getting thicker as it reduces, using the frying pan allows the sauce to reduce better than in a deep pot.

20240213_200935.jpg

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

9 minutes ago, Binlid said:

I always use Mae Ploy brand. I make the sauce in a frying pan rather than a pot, start of with the cream from the top of of the tin of coconut milk and stir about 50 gms of the paste together with the cream until its blended together, then start adding the rest of the coconut milk gradually over a medium heatI add a couple of kafir lime leaves and a dessert spoon of palm sugar.This then needs to simmer for about 20 mins and you will see the sauce getting thicker as it reduces, using the frying pan allows the sauce to reduce better than in a deep pot.

20240213_200935.jpg

Thanks mate.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I buy the curry in packets from the local Indian shop, then just add onions, garlic, herbs and spices. Rice is microwaved.

All vegan as well. 

Sounds tasty, and rice must suck that juice right up.  Sick of white rice, don't eat much of it.

9 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I was taught the Doughnut making trade when i was in the 7th grade 1dollar an hour. I was allowed to take them home for the family when i wanted which was daily. Well one day my dad tells me it was nice for me to bring them home if i did it again he would kick my ass. He said my Mom and sister were gaining weight at an alarming rate. Never after that day did i bring them home again 

Funny story Larry….But let’s be honest, that buck an hour went pretty far back then, eh? 

And it’s a miracle all 6 made it back home untouched, waiting for breakfast tomorrow 

13 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Got tired of seeing @Stillearly ‘s dessert pics, and decided to consume a bit of sugar today with my cafe today

IMG_0593.jpeg

12 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I was taught the Doughnut making trade when i was in the 7th grade 1dollar an hour. I was allowed to take them home for the family when i wanted which was daily. Well one day my dad tells me it was nice for me to bring them home if i did it again he would kick my ass. He said my Mom and sister were gaining weight at a alarming rate. Never after that day did i bring them home again 

That would fcuking kill me.

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Chicken panang some mixed vegetables with chicken and rice a grand total of 80 baht.

IMG_20240215_152535.jpg

Lovely... Except "white ain't right".... But, what can you do for 80 baht that comes close ?

12 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Funny story Larry….But let’s be honest, that buck an hour went pretty far back then, eh? 

And it’s a miracle all 6 made it back home untouched, waiting for breakfast tomorrow 

Did landscaping back in those days. For about the same rate. My two buddies I got sucked into the same work didn't last a week. Hardest work I've ever done.

One day, I broke down. Called my mom and told her my balls hurt and for her to come pick me up. I have never seen her move so fast.

That was the end of that shit. But.... made me into a stud. For sure.

Just now, Stillearly said:

Ordered fish with chilli and pepper  ... they turned up with beef ... but I was hungry and couldn't be bothered getting them to change it ..plus my rice would have got cold 555

IMG_5370.jpeg

Nice !