Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Only knew him from this awesome series that was unfortunately cancelled after one season due to animal cruelty concerns….shame. RIP sir

image.jpeg

He was also in one of my all time favourite movies, Layer Cake

910itlSaLqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by bexwell
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, bexwell said:

He was also in one of my all time favourite movies, Layer Cake

910itlSaLqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That’s right…..only English movie where I turned on Netflix sub-titles. I really enjoyed it, especially that sniper scene 😂

Just remembered I had Colm in my taxi for about 30 seconds, he got off at his rental from a hotel party, threw his friend a $20 and f—ked off. I said “that man looks familiar”……his friend was in film from Vancouver we had a good chat about him. Was in town working on that period drama with the railroads, name escapes me 

Edited by Golfingboy

16 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Only knew him from this awesome series that was unfortunately cancelled after one season due to animal cruelty concerns….shame. RIP sir

image.jpeg

"Little Big Man" - brilliant Dustin Hoffman movie

"All the Presidents Men"

"Tootsie"

"Rain Man" - brilliant

"The Graduate" - Huge classic

2 minutes ago, jcolorado said:

One of the toughest NFL players ever...back when the game was much less officiated...he went on to be a funny actor in TV sitcoms...

Here's an older vdo with interviews from some of NFL's all time greats:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

One of the toughest NFL players ever...back when the game was much less officiated...he went on to be a funny actor in TV sitcoms...

Here's an older vdo with interviews from some of NFL's all time greats:

Hall of Famer Dick Butkus will probably go down as the best linebacker in NFL history. Certainly the most feared. Those Bears defenses were outstanding back in those years. Along with Fencik and Plank (Cornerbacks) who would cut receivers in half. They were extremely brutal to anyone who had the ball that they could get their hands on.

• Like 3

Talented knuckleballer Tim Wakefield died few days ago of brain cancer, only 57. Was really weird, Curt Schilling said he HAD to mention it on his podcast even though Tim wanted to keep their(his wife has cancer too) issues private, everyone is calling Curt a POS for violating his wishes, and Tim dies 2 days later anyway.......

Tim Wakefield of the Boston Red Sox throws a knuckleball, in profile

In the late 80,s, Dad got me a year subscription to Sports Illustrated, swimsuit Issue included! also gave me an NFL VHS tape called Crunch Course, featuring all the NFL heavy hitters past & present. Mr Butkus featured prominently, funny thing he said he had no problem knocking players unconscious, but certain horror movies made him nervous, something about Bette Davis 

5 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Talented knuckleballer Tim Wakefield died few days ago of brain cancer, only 57. Was really weird, Curt Schilling said he HAD to mention it on his podcast even though Tim wanted to keep their(his wife has cancer too) issues private, everyone is calling Curt a POS for violating his wishes, and Tim dies 2 days later anyway.......

Tim Wakefield of the Boston Red Sox throws a knuckleball, in profile

RIP Tim.

Schilling was/is a complete and total cnut.

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

sad news......a real American Olympic icon....hope she pulls through but not looking good

Olympic Medalist Mary Lou Retton 'Fighting For Her Life' In ICU With Illness (tmz.com)

Sad news. What's puzzling me is why she doesn't have health insurance. Equally puzzling is why the family is soliciting donations when several sites, if they're to be believed, pur her net worth at $8 million. 

• Surprised 1

11 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Sad news. What's puzzling me is why she doesn't have health insurance. Equally puzzling is why the family is soliciting donations when several sites, if they're to be believed, pur her net worth at $8 million. 

was going too add that.....a Gofundme is for broke folks