Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

I have been saying here for a loooog time how the Media over hypes that people are living longer....

(If they just said more people were living to age 90 that would be true.)

But I thought quite a large number of people were 90-99 years old......Boy, I was wrong on this one...

According to a statement from the Carter Center, former first lady Rosalynn Carter passed away late Sunday afternoon, she was 96.

Noting she passed away peacefully with her family at her side, the report notes,

“Mrs. Carter was married for 77 years to Jimmy Carter, the 39th president of the United States and the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize recipient, who is now 99 years old.”

RosalynnCarter.jpg?w=831&h=554&crop=1

Credit Rolling Stone

Edited by Zeb
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, fforest said:

I can't imagine what the bar fine on this would be...

Is there an inside story to this that I missed..??

I thought that they were a perfect couple and that it was the lifelong romance that we all wished for when we were young.. How wrong I am !! ... 

Did he f**k anybody he wanted because he was famous or did he get BJs from interns?

Was she an illegal immigrant Hi-So prostitute?

I have no idea why you mock such a lovely woman 

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I thought that they were a perfect couple and that it was the lifelong romance that we all wished for when we were young.. How wrong I am !! ... 

Did he f**k anybody he wanted because he was famous or did he get BJs from interns?

I was not mocking her as a person......I just wondering what a 77 year Pattaya bar fine would cost......It had nothing to do with her...

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Whoa Derek relax……I think we were both implying not many marriages especially famous people, last nearly this long, and many men get royally screwed in the divorce

Nobody was mocking her

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No problems mate. I am just so out of touch with bizarre American politics that I really didn't know if I missed something ..

He has issues mate.

------------------------------

Set politics aside on this one. 

Rosalyn Carter was the only "First Lady" I truely respected and admired. 

Many things that she contributed were significant in our lifetimes. Most importantly her work relating to mental health. She was steadfast and a significant leader in improving issues relating to mental health (although following some real important reforms many were dismantled, but I won't get into all of that here).

She was a sharp cookie, very well respected and a class person. She was admired and worthy of all the accolades and more. 

If there are any in here who have had personal mental health issues, or have a loved one affected, understand that Rosalyn Carter tried her best to bring the issue to the forefront of priorities. 

We certainly could use a few more folks like her. I think for some in here this obit is worth a read.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/11/19/rosalynn-carter-first-lady-jimmy-carter-dies/

This piece is even more significant. And for anyone in here who gives a hoot may shed some light regarding issues that still need a great deal of attention.

Whether you care about mental health issues or not this article touches on some important things for many of us in here regarding insurance in general. Learn as much as you can about it, be vigilent and be prepared. Have someone on your side, because odds are you will be going to battle with these bastards at some point, and maybe sooner than you think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-must-treat-mental-and-bodily-health-the-same-its-a-matter-of-human-rights/2018/09/28/1348d73a-c263-11e8-97a5-ab1e46bb3bc7_story.html

Her efforts were instrumental in congressional approval and funding for the Mental Health Systems Act of September 1980, the first major reform of federal, publicly funded mental health programs in nearly two decades.

“Our celebration was brief,” Mrs. Carter recalled in her book. “Within a month Ronald Reagan was elected president, and with the change of administration, many of our dreams and the bulk of the funding for our program were gone. … It was a bitter loss.”

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/22/2023 at 2:41 AM, Golfingboy said:

@Yessongs @Yesitisdakid Remember this guy ? I was only 8 during that 1984 season, Tigers really dominated. Apparently he had major issues since 2009….RIP

image.png

On 11/22/2023 at 5:25 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

One of only a couple of pitchers to win the MVP and Cy Young same year

Same age as this great reliver.... Bruce Sutter.  69     Also died recently.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/16/sports/baseball/bruce-sutter-dead.html

image.png

I prefer this pic.....

image.png