Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

On 10/16/2023 at 7:58 AM, fforest said:

..But honestly, 3s Company was a classic 70s mind-rot T.V show....But hey there were plenty of others too...

24 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

One of the funniest scenes I can remember as well, don't even need to click on the link

On 10/16/2023 at 8:10 AM, forcebwithu said:

Same can be said about many TV shows today and in the decades since the 70's. That being said, I admit to having a laugh or two watching 3's Company.

And, of course, 3s Company has an indirect link to a place in Pattaya !!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

NOOOOO......Paulie! Burt Young gone at 83, seems like they took their time announcing it too. Loved his short role in Sopranos too as a retired hitman with lung cancer

Rocky III (1982)

Played his part in all the Rocky movies exceptionally well. Honestly I thought he was much older than 83.

16 hours ago, fforest said:

MaryLouRetton still looking for more money after 10 days....???

She is averaging 2-4,000 dollars a day in donations....Well heck with this donation bonanza, it would be very very profitable for her to stay sick for many many months into the future....Looks like 500,000 is on the way and after that, I guess the next goal would be 1,000,000 dollars...

• Sad 1

Mary Lou Retton.....It looks like she finally turned off the crowdfunding at 460,000 dollars.....The donations were still pouring in it would have gone much higher.....But I think people were asking just too many uncomfortable questions about the whole thing....

Not a bad score for 11-12 days...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Dave Courtney: Former London gangster turned actor dies aged 64 ... shot himself ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67191667

Seems the police have opened an investigation about his death to confirm that it was suicide or not. I suppose the fact that he had a pillow over his head may need explaining.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/23/police-investigating-death-gangster-actor-dave-courtney-19704944/?ico=related-posts

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Seems the police have opened an investigation about his death to confirm that it was suicide or not. I suppose the fact that he had a pillow over his head may need explaining.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/23/police-investigating-death-gangster-actor-dave-courtney-19704944/?ico=related-posts

Sounds like a Thailand 'suicide'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Close call for Putin.......damn they should have let him be

Unfortunately I think it was fake news. It'll be a great day for the world when we can report his real demise in this topic.

Kremlin is forced to deny growing rumours Putin suffered cardiac arrest just days ago and regularly uses body doubles to mask his health problems

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Shaft has died !

That was a shocker i couldn't believe. So i had a quick google to check that Isaac Hayes was really still with us. What a shock to find that he'd gone on August 10, 2008 - drifted off quitely apparently.

Stax_Museum_-_Isaac_Hayes'_Cadillac_(21310357258).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1