Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

19 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

WTF???? Was just thinking about him the other day, along with Robert Duvall & Gene Hackman, all 92-93…..all three amazing performers. 

Hope it’s all hoax….Unforgiven, Million $ Baby & Gran Torino are some of my favourite movies

Those 3 are all certainly in my top ten all time favs.

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I did see some reports he's on his deathbed, so probably not long for this dimension.

Edited to add: I've not found any collaborating reports that he's on his deathbed, so what I saw was probably clickbait. Sick world we live in for people to do that.

Indeed. That kind of thing is very Fcuked up.

Happy 100th Birthday Cake GIF and Video with sound free download — Download  on Funimada.com

What Are the Odds of Living to 100?

Less than 1%. People living to the age of 100 or older, referred to as centenarians, make up less than one percent of the U.S. population..

Out of a US population of approximately 336,997,624, in 2021, there were 89,739 centenarians (age 100+) or a prevalence of 0.027%.

Only a handful of these centenarians, less than one in a thousand, will reach 110

Only 2 in 100,000 women live to 110; for men, the chances of becoming a supercentenarian are 2 in 1,000,000

Edited by fforest

6 hours ago, fforest said:

This is just not fair to go so young

Actually, he made it right up to his life expectancy...

. . .

"U.S. life expectancy has declined to 76.4 years, the shortest it’s been in nearly two decades, according to December data from the CDC."

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/whats-behind-shocking-u-s-life-expectancy-decline-and-what-to-do-about-it/