Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Great Britain's Olympic silver medallist Mike McFarlane has died at the age of 63.

McFarlane was part of the 4x100m relay team that won silver at the Seoul 1988 Olympics.

He won three medals at the Commonwealth Games, sharing gold in the 200m at Brisbane 1982, before adding 4x100m relay silver and 100m bronze four years later.

He also won the European indoor title over 60m in Athens in 1985.

With a personal best of 10.22 seconds in the 100m, he was part of a silver-medal winning relay team in Seoul that included Elliot Bunney, John Regis and Linford Christie.

• Sad 6

I found the album Getz/Gilberto when I was listening to Rolling Stone magazine’s Top 500 albums. It’s very good and different from what I would normally listen to. Astrud’s voice is the main reason I come back to this album.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, forqalso said:

I found the album Getz/Gilberto when I was listening to Rolling Stone magazine’s Top 500 albums. It’s very good and different from what I would normally listen to. Astrud’s voice is the main reason I come back to this album.

Great stuff...

You could not turn on the T.V in America without seeing this guy in the 70s and 80s...I bet he booked 100s of thousands of hours on T.V in the last 50 years..

Pat Robertson Dead at 93 – Rolling Stone

Pat Robertson, a religious broadcaster who turned a tiny Virginia station into the global Christian Broadcasting Network, tried a run for president and helped make religion central to Republican Party politics in America through his Christian Coalition, has died. He was 93.

A counter culture American desperado icon in the early 1970s.

Barry Newman, Star of the Cult Film ‘Vanishing Point,’ Dies at 92
Panned when it was released in 1971, the movie gained acclaim decades later. Mr. Newman also starred on TV in the legal drama “Petrocelli.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/08/movies/barry-newman-dead.html?action=click&algo=bandit-all-surfaces-time-cutoff-30_impression_cut_3_filter_new_arm_5_1&alpha=0.05&block=more_in_recirc&fellback=false&imp_id=517091812&impression_id=0f4bc8e0-075a-11ee-aeba-ff26eea2f1e7&index=0&pgtype=Article&pool=more_in_pools%2Ftelevision&region=footer&req_id=553816530&surface=eos-more-in&variant=0_bandit-all-surfaces-time-cutoff-30_impression_cut_3_filter_new_arm_5_1

. . .

Edited by lazarus
zoom zoom

On 6/9/2023 at 4:20 AM, fforest said:

You could not turn on the T.V in America without seeing this guy in the 70s and 80s...I bet he booked 100s of thousands of hours on T.V in the last 50 years..

Pat Robertson Dead at 93 – Rolling Stone

Pat Robertson, a religious broadcaster who turned a tiny Virginia station into the global Christian Broadcasting Network, tried a run for president and helped make religion central to Republican Party politics in America through his Christian Coalition, has died. He was 93.

Were you sending checks every week like a good boy ?

11 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

And part of the team in the infamous Leeds v Chelsea FA Cup Final that made me a Leeds supporter.

Funny that but the Chelsea-Watford semi final of the same season is what made me a Watford supporter.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1