What are you reading?

Al McReady

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, biggles said:

Fbwu. A Bosch fan also. Did u catch the two Bosch TV Series? Very well done. 

I did watch a few episodes of the Bosch TV series, but while Titus Welliver is a fine actor, he just didn't match my mental picture of Bosch from the books. Kind of like tom Cruise in the Jack Reacher movie didn't work as Reacher. Whereas Alan Ritchson playing the character in the Reacher series was great.

On 12/23/2023 at 9:21 PM, forcebwithu said:

I did watch a few episodes of the Bosch TV series, but while Titus Welliver is a fine actor, he just didn't match my mental picture of Bosch from the books. Kind of like tom Cruise in the Jack Reacher movie didn't work as Reacher. Whereas Alan Ritchson playing the character in the Reacher series was great.

I feel the same way as you - after reading and enjoying all of the Bosch books, I just don't see the book Bosch coming across well with Welliver. I haven't seen any of the Reacher movies so can't comment on that but can't imagine Cruise as Reacher either. 

On 12/23/2023 at 11:31 PM, biggles said:

I agree but I enjoyed the series, daughter was cute.... Cruise was a joke as Reacher... 6 ft 5 Ins, haha

Yeah, she's great and I too enjoyed the series - I haven't seen the latest season yet, must get after that. 

Here's what I have just started, looks to be a good read:

product-book-hardback-GreatUncleHarry_03.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/23/2023 at 3:52 AM, forcebwithu said:

Catching up on reading the Harry Bosch series. Now up to book 14, Nine Dragons with only six more to go to finish the series.

image.jpeg

Read all of them, up until the latest.

Great author.

There’s a house by the entrance to the park I use. There’s a small cabinet fixed to the front wall, and it’s basically a small lending library, you just help yourself. I put my finished books in there and take anything I fancy. Got my next book from there.

IMG_0770.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Read all of them, up until the latest.

Great author.

i think I've read most of John Grisham's books. 

"The Pelican Brief" and  "The Runaway Jury" are probably my favorites.

The Pelican Brief was also a great movie with Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts.

Grisham is a great writer, learned a lot about legal systems reading his stuff. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

i think I've read most of John Grisham's books. 

"The Pelican Brief" and  "The Runaway Jury" are probably my favorites.

The Pelican Brief was also a great movie with Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts.

Grisham is a great writer, learned a lot about legal systems reading his stuff. 

The Client was probably my favorite. Both book and movie.

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

The Client was probably my favorite. Both book and movie.

Recently watched "The Rainmaker" with Matt Damon and Danny Devito. I think for the thrid time now.

Really gives you an insight into how insurance companies often handle things. They will stick it to people any way they can. Then if their bull shit finally catches up with them and they are held accountable they just file for bankrupcy, or pay a fine. They shake it off like a piece of dandruff.

Same with banks, and many other businesses. 

Makes your blood boil.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1