What are you reading?

Al McReady

On 2/15/2021 at 8:32 AM, Lemondropkid said:

Bought between lockdowns, been saving for this when I hit a low point. Felt a bit down today so started on another in the Jackson Lamb series- brilliant, cheered me right up🙂

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 15.32.29.png

Thanks for letting me know this book was out there. I do like his Slow Horses books. Picked it up from my local library after our brief 5 day lockdown. Enjoyed it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2019 at 1:51 PM, forcebwithu said:

@code_slayer_bkk refresher in COBOL next? :default_biggrin:   Hated working with that language.

Image result for cobol

I always thought COBOL was to wordy .. jeez .. and I wrote a shit load

But, it always got the job done ...

I am an Assembler and a C .. type of guy ... man, the chaos you can create is great .. lol

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

2 hours ago, andycoll said:

Thanks for letting me know this book was out there. I do like his Slow Horses books. Picked it up from my local library after our brief 5 day lockdown. Enjoyed it.

He's got another just out in the series that follows Joe Country, called Slough House- only in hardback in the UK at present.

A great series.

17 hours ago, coxyhog said:

A very good book about the woman who was the contact between Klaus Fuchs & Stalin,enabling the Soviets to keep pace with the west in building nuclear weapons.She was a seemingly innocent housewife in Oxfordshire at the time.

41ffxOXjqxL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'll have to get this one, I love this guy's books - one of my favourite authors...

6 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Afraid so- there's no chance of escape at present🙂

If you can join your local library then you can get all sorts of ebooks for free.That's what I've been doing since lockdown started & I haven't paid a penny.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1