What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

There's been a lot of fuss lately about Thai craft beer, and the possibility that the law may be changed to allow the small but successful brewers to expand. I'm not sure where that idea ended up, but anything that improves the quality of the mass-produced dishwater sold as beer here would be welcome. Boon Rawd and Thai Bev are both guilty of having produced a lot of what they no doubt consider to be craft beers in recent years, but these are all chemically-inspired crap IMHO, with the possible exception of Tapper. Then there's the Red Bull craft beers, or at least that's what some people call them, but I haven't seen them in the shops here yet, or maybe I just haven't noticed them.

Anyway, I was in Villa and noticed that they had large cans of Brauhaus beers from Nonthaburi Brewery, supposedly one of the leading Thai craft brewers, so I thought I'd give it a go, even though they're ridiculously expensive for a locally-brewed beer at around 150 Baht a can.

9b03cbcd18bc22729a8fae313280e488_1280x12

Had a choice of these on draught in HH, not sure where they are brewed, but the Fat Cat was nice.

Very expensive though!

20231227_202304.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

I've been given a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select for Xmas.

Can't say I've tried it, can anyone suggest if it is best served neat, on the rocks or with a mixer?.

Edited by Butch

8 hours ago, Butch said:

I've been given a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select for Xmas.

Can't say I've tried it, can anyone suggest if it is best served neat, on the rocks or with a mixer?.

For me, I generally drink spirits neat with a single ice cube.

As well as cooling the drink the little addition of water often softens the taste, especially with whisky. 

Jack Daniels I just drink neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Jack Daniels Honey needs one small cube after about 3 glasses of it neat to take away the clamminess in your mouth ..

I drink the Honey with 1 ice cube too!

• Haha 2