COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Just suppose one had a 90 day to do on the 15th April.

The covid19 special dispensation state one does not have to obtain a renewal as one is in the period up to 30 April.

Question:

In the above example, when would that person NEXT have to next renew their 90 day?

depends as we expect a further month to be added close to the end of april

Can't find anything in English, but the girlfriend says something she's listening to in Thai on her phone confirms Chonburi restrictions will be lifted on the 1st May.

Hope we find out before the morning as I was going to top up the fridge with beer in case things went on longer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KWA said:

Can't find anything in English, but the girlfriend says something she's listening to in Thai on her phone confirms Chonburi restrictions will be lifted on the 1st May.

Hope we find out before the morning as I was going to top up the fridge with beer in case things went on longer.

Let's hope so.

That's two weeks away, plenty of twists and turns in the road yet, but these lockdowns simply can not go on. They are causing too much hardship.

However, having said that, I would be surprised if they lifted the lockdown completely and it was 'business as usual'.

Let's wait and see.

by month end, if the figures decline we might see a slight easing.  we should see visas re extended for 30 more days but that my not happen.  they wont lift the curfew but the booze ban will prob be lifted as it was always temporary ( off licnece not on)  the city reing fencing will depend on results and local testing.  thailand has low counts for covid, the uk has same population within 5%.. it is scaring a lot here.  we havent hit a peak yet, maybe a lull

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

by month end, if the figures decline we might see a slight easing.  we should see visas re extended for 30 more days but that my not happen.  they wont lift the curfew but the booze ban will prob be lifted as it was always temporary ( off licnece not on)  the city reing fencing will depend on results and local testing.  thailand has low counts for covid, the uk has same population within 5%.. it is scaring a lot here.  we havent hit a peak yet, maybe a lull

If what Thailand is reporting as new cases can be believed, the trend has been down since 29 March. The spike on the 8 April was due to 42 returnees from Indonesia who tested positive, so could consider that day an outlier from the trend.
image.png

The UK might be in a lull though.
image.png

source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I'd be more inclined to wait for word from the PM tbh. The Nonthaburi governor announced he was going to lift restrictions only to do a U-turn. I really hope this the beginning of a return to business but don't be surprised if there is another order tomorrow which states the complete opposite.

10 hours ago, KWA said:

Wise man, we've just heard on the 8am tannoy that the alcohol ban here in Nakhon Ratchasima has been extended to the 30th April. Now wifey being the industrious lady she is has called our local "Mom and Pop" shop and ordered 2 boxes of Chang and 2 bottles of Sangsom to be picked up under darkness tonight lol

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Wise man, we've just heard on the 8am tannoy that the alcohol ban here in Nakhon Ratchasima has been extended to the 30th April. Now wifey being the industrious lady she is has called our local "Mom and Pop" shop and ordered 2 boxes of Chang and 2 bottles of Sangsom to be picked up under darkness tonight lol

I went for the top up anyway.

The tilac added two bottles and the facemask to what I brought home, just for the photo opportunity.  Ordered another case of 12 for pick up tomorrow but I've been told we're struggling for big bottles after that so I take it the wholesalers further up the food chain are obeying the rules.  I'll still survive on small bottles if that's what's needed.

beer 5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, tommy dee said:

depends as we expect a further month to be added close to the end of april

Well as my next 90 day is due on 03 May that would be useful but for the purpose of my question ignore that for the moment.

Go back to my example of somebody theoretically due to check in for their 90 day on the 15th April. He does not have to because waived up to 30 April. Does that individual NEXT have to check in 90 days from 15 April or IMMEDIATELY on the 1st May (or 1st June if extended for another month) along with everybody else who should have been checking in throughout April?

I know that second option seems daft but since when has everything been simple at Immigration?

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

You'll find out the correct answer when you report on 30 April, but my guess is it would be 90 days from that date.

So your interpretation is that everyone who had to do a 90 day during April all have to turn up on the 30th April?

I never considered that because it is completely daft and defeats the purpose of not having overcrowding within Immigation.

3 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Well as my next 90 day is due on 03 May that would be useful but for the purpose of my question ignore that for the moment.

Go back to my example of somebody theoretically due to check in for their 90 day on the 15th April. He does not have to because waived up to 30 April. Does that individual NEXT have to check in 90 days from 15 April or IMMEDIATELY on the 1st May (or 1st June if extended for another month) along with everybody else who should have been checking in throughout April?

I know that second option seems daft but since when has everything been simple at Immigration?

I posted this pic from immigration (taken yesterday) in another thread, and it seems to indicate a "specified period" will be given.  I presume that's to spread things out and not be deluged on the 1st of May (or June or whatever).

immi 03.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Stealth mode.👍👍

• Haha 1

From the 30th of April, foreigners wanting to enter the kingdom must apply 1 month in advance, then enter a 14 day quarantine on arrival.  Welcome news for those stuck abroad who have long stay visas or work permits, kick in the teeth for the tourism industry.

• Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

From the 30th of April, foreigners wanting to enter the kingdom must apply 1 month in advance, then enter a 14 day quarantine on arrival.  Welcome news for those stuck abroad who have long stay visas or work permits, kick in the teeth for the tourism industry.

Says who.

The Pattaya News reporting that all businesses will be allowed to open from the 1st of May. The PM did say that if the number of cases remains low, which they are, they could start lifting restrictions. Personally, I wouldn't be jumping for joy just yet, it's an ever changing situation. 

7 minutes ago, Murchie said:

I'm assuming The Nation is this website. 

https://www.nationthailand.com/breaking-news

Can't see anything about what he says.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386002?utm_source=slide_topnews&utm_medium=internal_referral

Dr Amorn Leelarasamee, president of the Medical Association of Thailand, said he agrees that some restrictions should be lifted to support businesses, but it should be done slowly, carefully and hand in hand with seven-day assessments of new cases. For instance, if new cases are in single digits, then shops or businesses can be reopened provided no more than 10 people are served at a time. 

He also said that social distancing should continue being practised. Large department stores may have fewer risks, compared to small air-conditioned shops, the doctor said. Also, entertainment venues that are usually packed with customers, such as pubs and restaurants, should be the last to be reopened, he suggested. 

Amorn also said the number of customers allowed to enter shops should be increased gradually, such as 10 initially, then 50 and then 100 based on the rate of new cases. He also warned that there is a high chance of a spike in new cases once the flight ban ends on April 18. Therefore, it is necessary that all foreign or Thai arrivals be put under quarantine for 14 days. 

In the future, foreign tourists wanting to visit Thailand will have to apply a month ahead and must agree to a 14-day quarantine upon entering the country. He said this move may help the private sector arrange quarantine sites for visitors. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Murchie said:

I'm assuming The Nation is this website. 

https://www.nationthailand.com/breaking-news

Can't see anything about what he says.

See @Bazle post. Richard Barrow has been excellent at reporting throughout this whole debacle. As @tommy dee will confirm, Richard is fairly well connected to those within Thai govt circles, he's a fairly reliable source of news when it comes to Thailand.

Edited by dcfc2007

11 minutes ago, Bazle said:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386002?utm_source=slide_topnews&utm_medium=internal_referral

Dr Amorn Leelarasamee, president of the Medical Association of Thailand, said he agrees that some restrictions should be lifted to support businesses, but it should be done slowly, carefully and hand in hand with seven-day assessments of new cases. For instance, if new cases are in single digits, then shops or businesses can be reopened provided no more than 10 people are served at a time. 

He also said that social distancing should continue being practised. Large department stores may have fewer risks, compared to small air-conditioned shops, the doctor said. Also, entertainment venues that are usually packed with customers, such as pubs and restaurants, should be the last to be reopened, he suggested. 

Amorn also said the number of customers allowed to enter shops should be increased gradually, such as 10 initially, then 50 and then 100 based on the rate of new cases. He also warned that there is a high chance of a spike in new cases once the flight ban ends on April 18. Therefore, it is necessary that all foreign or Thai arrivals be put under quarantine for 14 days. 

In the future, foreign tourists wanting to visit Thailand will have to apply a month ahead and must agree to a 14-day quarantine upon entering the country. He said this move may help the private sector arrange quarantine sites for visitors. 

Thanks for that.