COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

38 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

See @Bazle post. Richard Barrow has been excellent at reporting throughout this whole debacle. As @tommy dee will confirm, Richard is fairly well connected to those within Thai govt circles, he's a fairly reliable source of news when it comes to Thailand.

I'm not disputing the guys reporting but he's taken the most dramatic piece he could find from the article and made it his headline. Just all hearsay as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Murchie said:

I'm not disputing the guys reporting but he's taken the most dramatic piece he could find from the article and made it his headline. Just all hearsay as far as I'm concerned. 

Dramatic piece?

He's taken the piece from the article, that's of most concern, to most foreigners regarding Thailand.

Nothing hearsay about it. He's reporting exactly what what Thai officials are saying.

Edited by dcfc2007

19 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Dramatic piece?

He's taken the piece from the article, that's of most concern, to most foreigners regarding Thailand.

Nothing hearsay about it. He's reporting exactly what what Thai officials are saying.

Well for me unless it officially comes from the government it's all hearsay. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

This direction comes from the govt.

Are you able to source that, please?

I read the article in The Nation as meaning it was the opinion of the President of the Medical Association of Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

Well as my next 90 day is due on 03 May that would be useful but for the purpose of my question ignore that for the moment.

Go back to my example of somebody theoretically due to check in for their 90 day on the 15th April. He does not have to because waived up to 30 April. Does that individual NEXT have to check in 90 days from 15 April or IMMEDIATELY on the 1st May (or 1st June if extended for another month) along with everybody else who should have been checking in throughout April?

I know that second option seems daft but since when has everything been simple at Immigration?

I tried doing my 90 day online a couple times but the website kept locking up.  Then yesterday I tried again and it came back immediately approved.  I printed out the next appointment slip and I'm good 'til July now.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Wise man, we've just heard on the 8am tannoy that the alcohol ban here in Nakhon Ratchasima has been extended to the 30th April. Now wifey being the industrious lady she is has called our local "Mom and Pop" shop and ordered 2 boxes of Chang and 2 bottles of Sangsom to be picked up under darkness tonight lol

You have got a gooden there for sure me thinks!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Bazle said:

Are you able to source that, please?

I read the article in The Nation as meaning it was the opinion of the President of the Medical Association of Thailand.

Yes, just the wish list of someone who doesn't actually make the decisions.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, tko said:

I tried doing my 90 day online a couple times but the website kept locking up.  Then yesterday I tried again and it came back immediately approved.  I printed out the next appointment slip and I'm good 'til July now.

Well I am going to try online next week.

What web browser were you using when it went through okay?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jambo said:

And what time of the day was it? I've been trying it in the afternoons using Chrome and after completing the first page and pressing 'Confirm' or whatever the last button is, all I get is a blank page. If I try refreshing that the wretched website just goes back to the T&C page at the very start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Firefox.  Around 10-11 am.  I also had to hit refresh, and it told me it was approved.

Explorer was locking up.

Edited by tko
add info
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, tko said:

Firefox.  Around 10-11 am.  I also had to hit refresh, and it told me it was approved.

Explorer was locking up.

I managed to get through the whole process this afternoon for the first time ever, using Chrome.

One trick is that when you press the 'confirm' button at the bottom of a page you often just get left with a whiteout. You then need to press F5 (refresh) which seems to submit your data, the confirm button is a bit dodgy by the look of things, and then you get taken to the next page. That happened to me on pages 1 and 2, then page 3 said they'd accepted my input and would get back to me, presumably via the e-mail address I gave them.

One odd thing was that the website downloaded two PDF files named something like QSSW,pdf, but Adobe Acrobat said they were damaged and couldn't open them, so I deleted them. Does anybody know what they were?

5 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I managed to get through the whole process this afternoon for the first time ever, using Chrome.

One trick is that when you press the 'confirm' button at the bottom of a page you often just get left with a whiteout. You then need to press F5 (refresh) which seems to submit your data, the confirm button is a bit dodgy by the look of things, and then you get taken to the next page. That happened to me on pages 1 and 2, then page 3 said they'd accepted my input and would get back to me, presumably via the e-mail address I gave them.

One odd thing was that the website downloaded two PDF files named something like QSSW,pdf, but Adobe Acrobat said they were damaged and couldn't open them, so I deleted them. Does anybody know what they were?

No idea what the pdf files were, but based on prior experience there's a good chance you won't receive an email that your report has been approved. Use the same site to check the status of your submission. On the same page that shows the status, once approved there will be icon for you to view and download the document the IO would normally print for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

No idea what the pdf files were, but based on prior experience there's a good chance you won't receive an email that your report has been approved. Use the same site to check the status of your submission. On the same page that shows the status, once approved there will be icon for you to view and download the document the IO would normally print for you.

Many thanks, I'll give it a day to get through the system and have a look at the status on Saturday.

Just now, Toy Boy said:

Many thanks, I'll give it a day to get through the system and have a look at the status on Saturday.

Have a look in a few hours and then again tomorrow if not already approved. They've really improved on the speed of approving the online reports.

• Great Info 1

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Yup, unfortunately. 

I've inventoried the liquor cabinet.  By my calculations I'm going to end up having to drink the Tequila I keep around for folks who like it, which I don't 😒

• Like 1

Who knew!!

Thailand bungles virus aid package

5e7ed3c0-6e78-439b-b628-721344ed0cb1.jpg

Jonathan Head

BBC South East Asia Correspondent

Thai people wearing face masks

On Tuesday a crowd of angry, sometimes tearful people gathered in front of Thailand’s finance ministry, to protest their exclusion from a government monthly handout of 5000 baht ($160, £122) for lower-paid workers in the informal sector who have lost their jobs because of the crisis.

More than 20 million people applied for the scheme, but only nine million were approved, although the government is allowing people to appeal against their rejection.

Now Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has acknowledged that the scheme, which was supposed to last for at least three months, and was, perhaps optimistically, titled ‘No-one Left Behind’, in fact has enough funding for only one month of payments.

Any further payments, he said, would depend on him signing new decrees to approve additional economic stimulus.

The Thai government has promised to spend at least $58 billion, around ten percent of GDP, on various measures to help the ailing economy.

One leg of the Thai economy, tourism, has been shattered by the crisis. Another, export manufacturing, has been hit hard.

Household debt has risen over the past decade to around 80 percent of GDP, and most Thai households cannot survive without income for long, unless the government steps in.

18 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Household debt has risen over the past decade to around 80 percent of GDP, and most Thai households cannot survive without income for long, unless the government steps in.

Thailand is not the only country in this situation. In the UK it is 87%, the US 76%, Germany 54%, Australia 120%, etc. (https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/HH_LS@GDD/CAN/GBR/USA/DEU/ITA/FRA/JPN)

It makes me worry about the fiat currencies. It wasn't so long ago we were being told that we should all be buying Bitcoin as the fiat currencies would collapse one day.