COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

I have been under the impression that I have been unable to return to Bangsaray because there is currently a restriction on travelling between regions. As there are four checkpoints normally permanantly operated by Army/Police when driving back I have not even considered making the journey.

This morning Sai and I had a vigorous discussion on this subject as she is adament no such restriction is in place.

I am sure this has been discussed on the forum but I cannot find reference. Could somebody please clarify for me.

ps:

I do not need to drive through Pattaya on the Sukhumvit road to get to Bangsaray. I would take the Rayong/Sattahip road off the motorway.

An inter-provincial travel ban was mooted but never enforced. However, many provinces have checkpoints were you will be asked where you are going, and have your temperature taken. I don't think it will be much of a problem.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

An inter-provincial travel ban was mooted but never enforced. However, many provinces have checkpoints were you will be asked where you are going, and have your temperature taken. I don't think it will be much of a problem.

The first two permanent check points will not be a problem because they are both still within Tak province and are both Army but the following two are in different provinces and Police manned and that worried me as I did not want to end up in quarantine for 14 days x two! 😀

It looks like I owe Sai an apology.........................again! 😑

We went through the first Army one last week and that was the usual polite wave through. On the way back a bit different as they had a team of nurses checking temperature but again, just routine.

I just returned from visiting our local big Tesco store. No temperature check today which is the first time for several weeks. The whole province has only had two cases and none for the last month or so. There has to be a strong case for relaxing at least some of the restrictions. We still have a night curfew.

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jambo said:

The first two permanent check points will not be a problem because they are both still within Tak province and are both Army but the following two are in different provinces and Police manned and that worried me as I did not want to end up in quarantine for 14 days x two! 😀

It looks like I owe Sai an apology.........................again! 😑

We went through the first Army one last week and that wasthe usual formality. On the way back a bit different as they had a team of nurses checking temperature but again, just routine.

I just returned from visiting our local big Tesco store. No temperature check today which is the first time for several weeks. The whole province has only had two cases and none for the last month or so. There has to be a strong case for relaxing at least some of the restrictions. We still have a night curfew.

That's good. Strong case for your province to be among one of the first to have its restrictions lifted.

I wouldn't bank on bars being reopened right away. There seems to be a policy of treating bars like leper colonies.

• Like 1

Coronavirus lockdown boosts numbers of Thailand's rare sea turtles

Largest number of nests of leatherbacks found in two decades as beaches emptied

Thailand has discovered the largest number of nests of rare leatherback sea turtles in two decades on beaches bereft of tourists because of the coronavirus pandemic, environmentalists say.

The 11 turtle nests authorities have found since last November were the highest number in 20 years, said Kongkiat Kittiwatanawong, the director of the Phuket Marine Biological Centre.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/20/coronavirus-lockdown-boosts-numbers-of-thailands-rare-sea-turtles

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Coronavirus lockdown boosts numbers of Thailand's rare sea turtles

Largest number of nests of leatherbacks found in two decades as beaches emptied

Thailand has discovered the largest number of nests of rare leatherback sea turtles in two decades on beaches bereft of tourists because of the coronavirus pandemic, environmentalists say.

The 11 turtle nests authorities have found since last November were the highest number in 20 years, said Kongkiat Kittiwatanawong, the director of the Phuket Marine Biological Centre.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/20/coronavirus-lockdown-boosts-numbers-of-thailands-rare-sea-turtles

Been to the one at Sattahip more than once.

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

That's good. Strong case for your province to be among one of the first to have its restrictions lifted.

I wouldn't bank on bars being reopened right away. There seems to be a policy of treating bars like leper colonies.

you are too smart for that comment.  abrs and clubs.. no social distancing.  uk has closed em to xmas so we have it better.  booze in shops proba back end of the month.  the concern is that we will see a second and bigger epidemic.  city was deaths door today.   our fund for donations is growing so in your travels if see anyone givng out food, ask them if they need help, we will drop off  cheers

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

you are too smart for that comment.  abrs and clubs.. no social distancing.  uk has closed em to xmas so we have it better.  booze in shops proba back end of the month.  the concern is that we will see a second and bigger epidemic.  city was deaths door today.   our fund for donations is growing so in your travels if see anyone givng out food, ask them if they need help, we will drop off  cheers

I don't understand why bars are being treated so differently. Most bars have small capacities, much smaller than most other businesses. There is no evidence to suggest that alcohol is a risk factor in Covid-19. Alcohol and bars are an easy target and always have been. I bet alcohol taxes are one of the first to increase in the aftermath.

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I don't understand why bars are being treated so differently. Most bars have small capacities, much smaller than most other businesses. There is no evidence to suggest that alcohol is a risk factor in Covid-19. Alcohol and bars are an easy target and always have been. I bet alcohol taxes are one of the first to increase in the aftermath.

Social distancing isn't really a thing in bars ..... 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

Been to the one at Sattahip more than once.

My Grandaughter Jade who starts college in September as the first stage to become a vet particularly wanted to visit the sea turtle sanctury in Sattahip during her trip from the UK in June now rearranged to start 20 August.

We all have our fingers crosssed that it will be open or more particularly whether their trip will actually take place as they cannot postpone again. Both my daughters were coming along with Jade but my grandson Morgan wanted to stay back in Scotland with his Dad. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Scare mongering headline in The Currant Bun based on no evidence whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, monkey_omelette said:

Scare mongering headline in The Currant Bun based on no evidence whatsoever.

Just asked a mate in the UK about that as it suprised me when I read the comment.  His reply - "haven’t heard that about the bars although it’s been said they will be the last to open".  It sounds dodgy to me.

Edited by KWA

39 minutes ago, KWA said:

Just asked a mate in the UK about that as it suprised me when I read the comment.  His reply - "haven’t heard that about the bars although it’s been said they will be the last to open".  It sounds dodgy to me.

Think it likely to be closer to the "truth"

The Sun's story came from 3 days ago. (and I think the UK Government are withholding stacks of info from the public) Yesterday we have the UK's Chief medical officer saying restrictions will be in place for the foreseeable future. Here is the key bit for me on when you can exit restrictions, quote from Prof Chris Whitty

"In the long run, the exit from this is going to be one of two things, ideally," he said.

"A vaccine, and there are a variety of ways they can be deployed... or highly effective drugs so that people stop dying of this disease even if they catch it, or which can prevent this disease in vulnerable people."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52389285

I'm optimistic on us finding either a vaccine or a drug, but given pubs & restaurants will be among the last to see restrictions lifted, pubs still being shut at Xmas is more probable than not- and that really does pain me.

This is going to kill of 100's of small independent pubs in the UK

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

Heard rumours last night and this morning that 7 places still with Covid reports won't get to fully open next week, which includes Pattaya.  If it's true then probably book a month in Ban Chang or somewhere similar as it's outside Chonburi district.  Any suggestions of a place with bars nearby and a pool down there?

2 hours ago, KWA said:

Heard rumours last night and this morning that 7 places still with Covid reports won't get to fully open next week, which includes Pattaya.  If it's true then probably book a month in Ban Chang or somewhere similar as it's outside Chonburi district.  Any suggestions of a place with bars nearby and a pool down there?

Lord Nelson hotel is on the beach and has a pool. I heard today that restaurants will be opening here in BC on the 1st but only rumour. I can’t see the bars opening for a while yet. 

• Thanks 1