COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes that is the question 🙁 thats why i'm not getting excited just yet and wifey has ordered another 3 boxes of beer from her M&P shop friend lol

I'm comfortable it'll happen.  My top up case yesterday was only 20 bottles instead of 24 which gave me a bit of nervous twitch, but I haven't been down this morning for more I have so much faith in this decision. 🙂

• Haha 1

I went to our fishing park yesterday.

I counted 10 Thai's round a table in a fishing "hut" enjoying the afternoon on Thai whiskey, beers and food.

When I finally gave up trying to hook something worth catching I sat down and ordered off the menu. I asked for a large Chang although no alcohol on display in the large chiller cabinet. A large glass filled with ice soon appeared followed by an unchilled Chang from somewhere round the back.

I enjoyed my meal; a couple more Chang's; the setting sun over the lake and the occasional smiles ( wishful thinking) from one of the girls at the noisy fishing hut. For an hour or so all was covid free once again. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KWA said:

I'm comfortable it'll happen.  My top up case yesterday was only 20 bottles instead of 24 which gave me a bit of nervous twitch, but I haven't been down this morning for more I have so much faith in this decision. 🙂

LOL, IMMSMC the Korat Governor was one of the first to go it alone with the alcohol ban and the PM has clearly stated according to the BP this morning that the provincial governors can decide to continue with the ban, i'm not prepared to take a chance. Wifey's M&P shop lady has just called her and confirmed i have 3 boxes of large SML and 3 liter bottles of Sangsom :default_party-smiley-048:

PS - Just for the avoidance of doubt i don't have a drink problem but i do have a problem when i can't get one 🤣     

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I went to our fishing park yesterday.

I counted 10 Thai's round a table in a fishing "hut" enjoying the afternoon on Thai whiskey, beers and food.

When I finally gave up trying to hook something worth catching I sat down and ordered off the menu. I asked for a large Chang although no alcohol on display in the large chiller cabinet. A large glass filled with ice soon appeared followed by an unchilled Chang from somewhere round the back.

I enjoyed my meal; a couple more Chang's; the setting sun over the lake and the occasional smiles ( wishful thinking) from one of the girls at the noisy fishing hut. For an hour or so all was covid free once again. 🤣

Same same in wifey's village mate, they think Covid 19 is a new illegal drug from the Golden Triangle and they can't wait to try it !!! 🤣

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

by mid day tomorrow the nation will all be inebriated for sure 😉

I'm concerned now due to posts saying local governors can overrule the Bangkok edict (I wasn't until it was brought up on here).  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, KWA said:

I'm concerned now due to posts saying local governors can overrule the Bangkok edict (I wasn't until it was brought up on here).  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

Yeah, Chonburi province is still considered a virus "hot spot", but Pattaya City hasn't had a case for over two weeks now (which the CCSA is using as it's virus-free yardstick), and it'll be three weeks on May 5th when they dismantle the checkpoints, Buddha willing. By all means, Guvnor, keep the ban in Chonburi City, a right old plague pit it is and all, but please let the good burghers of Pattaya drink their fill!

081b8bc555fbbac0b7f6cf1669a53e94.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

by mid day tomorrow the nation will all be inebriated for sure 😉

Unfortunately the residents of Sa Kaeo will have to find another province to get inebriated in. No word yet from the Chonburi Governor if the same will hold true here.

Wish these clowns would get their act together. They've had more than enough time, and meetings, so there is no excuse for this waffling and waiting to the last minute to make a decision.

Sa Kaeo Governor releases provincial order banning sales of alcohol to May 31 as Governor’s now have authority over this measure

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Unfortunately the residents of Sa Kaeo will have to find another province to get inebriated in. No word yet from the Chonburi Governor if the same will hold true here.

Wish these clowns would get their act together. They've had more than enough time, and meetings, so there is no excuse for this waffling and waiting to the last minute to make a decision.

Sa Kaeo Governor releases provincial order banning sales of alcohol to May 31 as Governor’s now have authority over this measure

I saw that on Thai Visa. You're lucky if you can get anything from Pattaya News these days, the website's on a serious go-slow.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I saw that on Thai Visa. You're lucky if you can get anything from Pattaya News these days, the website's on a serious go-slow.

PN posted on FB a day or two ago their site was undergoing maintenance, so that might be the reason for the go-slow.

And this just in. Chonburi announced alcohol can in fact be sold starting tomorrow. Hope this isn't like the bars advertising Free Beer Tomorrow. :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The idiots in charge are still waffling. Unfcking believable.

Imagine how much money is at stake?

Shut everything down and see who squirms the most. Then make new deals...

Just good gov'mint in action.

mini-Not-Cheap-in-Thailand-Header2-1000px1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Any updates on the booze sales, only 90 minutes to go? I can't see anything in the English media.

They're definitely selling again. I have photographic proof.

Out for my morning ride when I encountered a traffic backup on Soi Arunothai. Turns out it was this guy trundling down the middle of the traffic lane. When he finally turned into Nirun traffic started moving again.

49848332343_1f40b7e78b_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thai restaurants restart with plastic barriers between diners

Staff prepare dishes at a noodle restaurant in Bangkok on May 3, 2020

Thailand has allowed businesses including markets, hairdressers and some sports venues to reopen as authorities begin a phased easing of coronavirus restrictions.

Restaurants have also reopened but with strict social distancing, even requiring clear plastic barriers between diners. The ban on alcohol sales is being lifted, but only for home consumption.

The BBC's Jonathan Head in Bangkok says the success of the new measures will be re-evaluated after two weeks.

In addition, any Thais returning from overseas must spend 14 days in state-designated quarantine facilities, such as hotels, and must pay the bills themselves, the Bangkok Post reported.

The country reported only three new infections on Sunday and no new deaths. Thailand has seen a total of 2,969 coronavirus cases and 54 deaths since the outbreak began.

People shop at an open-air market which was reopened in Bangkok. 3 May 2020

20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

They're definitely selling again. I have photographic proof.

Out for my morning ride when I encountered a traffic backup on Soi Arunothai. Turns out it was this guy trundling down the middle of the traffic lane. When he finally turned into Nirun traffic started moving again.

49848332343_1f40b7e78b_b.jpg

Must have been missing his Chang, lol!

• Haha 1

I walked from the hospital north on Buakhao to Klang yesterday morning and lots of restaurants with folk sitting in for food.  Cheap Charlie's, Sutus, Hippo, Pitini's, Witherspoons, Sarasota and more.  On Klang heading East a couple of Thai ones and I was probably too early for a lot more.

Got to Big C just before 11:00 and got my beer just before the big rammy started, although had to wait a minute or two at the till until it turned 11:00 before they'd let me check out.

• Like 3

The result of my resupply mission yesterday...

IMG20200503130851.jpg

The sambuca's for the GF, and she can have a bottle of my SML if she wants it, but the rest is all mine, all mine, my precious, bwah, haw, haw...)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

The result of my resupply mission yesterday...

IMG20200503130851.jpg

The sambuca's for the GF, and she can have a bottle of my SML if she wants it, but the rest is all mine, all mine, my precious, bwah, haw, haw...)

Not enough gin for all that tonic....

🙂

Edited by Painter
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, KWA said:

I walked from the hospital north on Buakhao to Klang yesterday morning and lots of restaurants with folk sitting in for food.  Cheap Charlie's, Sutus, Hippo, Pitini's, Witherspoons, Sarasota and more.  On Klang heading East a couple of Thai ones and I was probably too early for a lot more.

Got to Big C just before 11:00 and got my beer just before the big rammy started, although had to wait a minute or two at the till until it turned 11:00 before they'd let me check out.

Have the restaurants changed their seating arrangements or is it business as usual?

Edited by dcfc2007