COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Wifey just told me that the Thai news is confirming the sale of alcohol ban has been extended until further notice 😬

Yeah, it's on the Pattaya News website too, though it seems very dodgy these days, can hardly read anything on there.

Just showing the stupid peasants who's the boss, I guess, "I can, therefore I will". The eejits in charge here should look at what happened to Bill Clinton when he acted like that with Monica!

Does the wiffie give any prediction as to when they might allow us peons to buy a can of beer in a 7-eleven again?

• Like 1

What a load of fecking stupidity....

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1910640/domestic-air-travel-guidelines-issued

Worst is people are going to applaud and ask for more ....

No way I would travel in those conditions.

Like cattle class wasn't bad enough, now we have zombie class ......

All this meaningless, and just commercial B.S. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

But only for individual play on the 3rd, no group play according to the Bangkok Post this morning.

I think you will find it means no more than 2 persons playing together per hole.

What about your caddy?

Does she have to walk carrying ones bag whilst we each drive a cart? 🤣

Just now, Jambo said:

I think you will find it means no more than 2 persons playing together per hole.

What about your caddy?

As usual mate, nothing is black and white in Thailand lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jambo said:

What about your caddy?

what about when its time to play the 19th?

I/ve scored a few hole in ones in both PI and LOS at the 19th:default_bananas:

regards

grayray 

• Haha 1

So, things re open nearly to normal on Sunday ?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1910684/lockdown-to-ease-sunday#cxrecs_s

3619976.gif

Can anybody explain why a flea markets and pet grooming shops are a priority ?

Ahhh, because they are low risk ?  So why close them to start with ?

It's all about gesticulating .  And what's the purpose of keeping the booze ban ?

But let's be positive, at least they saw the light and realized that closing down the whole economy was NOT the solution.

And at least it will let the local people make an income. 

Tourists are (logically) the last priority. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

And what's the purpose of keeping the booze ban ?

I've told by several Thais that it's got nothing to do with the virus any more, it's now a political act. They seem to think the government's now more worried about mass demonstrations against it than it is about the virus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I've told by several Thais that it's got nothing to do with the virus any more, it's now a political act. They seem to think the government's now more worried about mass demonstrations against it than it is about the virus.

Probably for the same reason they relaxed the confinement and closure rules. In order to avoid jobless, moneyless people with plenty time available, to be talked into anti government demonstrations ?

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

So, things re open nearly to normal on Sunday ?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1910684/lockdown-to-ease-sunday#cxrecs_s

3619976.gif

Can anybody explain why a flea markets and pet grooming shops are a priority ?

Ahhh, because they are low risk ?  So why close them to start with ?

It's all about gesticulating .  And what's the purpose of keeping the booze ban ?

But let's be positive, at least they saw the light and realized that closing down the whole economy was NOT the solution.

And at least it will let the local people make an income. 

Tourists are (logically) the last priority. 

As I understand it the booze ban is to free up hospital beds...many accidents ,eg road are alcohol fuelled and high impact injuries require hospital admission 

Their country their rules ...given the high % of young people in LOS relative to the West  it makes sense  sort of 

• Thumbs Up 1

More confusion from the government...

People start leaving Phuket by road

People started leaving Phuket by road on Friday for the first time since the resort island was closed off a month ago, but it remains shut to outsiders.

Tha Chatchai, where the island links with the mainland and Phangnga province, was busy from 5am, when the people who had reserved the first exit slots were allowed to cross the bridge and leave Phuket, with others scheduled to leave in the afternoon.

The road from Phuket town to Tha Chatchai was jam-packed with cars from early morning, stretching back  several kilometres, with people anxious to head home as soon as possible.

But the province then made a sudden about-turn on Friday afternoon, announcing that no more people would be allowed to leave until Sunday. 

Phuket police chief Pol Maj Gen Rungroj Thakoorpunyasiri did not offer any explanation why.

He said only that the decision was made after discussions between Phuket governor Phakaphong Tavipatana and the government in Bangkok.

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

More confusion from the government...

People start leaving Phuket by road

People started leaving Phuket by road on Friday for the first time since the resort island was closed off a month ago, but it remains shut to outsiders.

Tha Chatchai, where the island links with the mainland and Phangnga province, was busy from 5am, when the people who had reserved the first exit slots were allowed to cross the bridge and leave Phuket, with others scheduled to leave in the afternoon.

The road from Phuket town to Tha Chatchai was jam-packed with cars from early morning, stretching back  several kilometres, with people anxious to head home as soon as possible.

But the province then made a sudden about-turn on Friday afternoon, announcing that no more people would be allowed to leave until Sunday. 

Phuket police chief Pol Maj Gen Rungroj Thakoorpunyasiri did not offer any explanation why.

He said only that the decision was made after discussions between Phuket governor Phakaphong Tavipatana and the government in Bangkok.

If google maps traffic is to be believed it's still a traffic jam.

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

As I understand it the booze ban is to free up hospital beds...many accidents ,eg road are alcohol fuelled and high impact injuries require hospital admission 

Their country their rules ...given the high % of young people in LOS relative to the West  it makes sense  sort of 

Drunk people often make bad decisions. Drunk Thai people make really bad decisions.

• Like 3