COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

3 hours ago, KWA said:

Heard rumours last night and this morning that 7 places still with Covid reports won't get to fully open next week, which includes Pattaya.  If it's true then probably book a month in Ban Chang or somewhere similar as it's outside Chonburi district.  Any suggestions of a place with bars nearby and a pool down there?

I would be very careful about staying in Bang Chang. I wonder how many of the bars will have closed for good?

Even if Pattaya had all restrictions lifted next week, which is never going to happen, it will be months before tourists return so where are the bars that reopen ( not having closed for good)  going to get their customers from?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I would be very careful about staying in Bang Chang. I wonder how many of the bars will have closed for good?

Even if Pattaya had all restrictions lifted next week, which is never going to happen, it will be months before tourists return so where are the bars that reopen ( not having closed for good)  going to get their customers from?

To be honest it could do with a clean out, unfortunately it’ll probably be the dodgier ones that do eventually open back up. 

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Heard rumours last night and this morning that 7 places still with Covid reports won't get to fully open next week, which includes Pattaya.  If it's true then probably book a month in Ban Chang or somewhere similar as it's outside Chonburi district.  Any suggestions of a place with bars nearby and a pool down there?

I dare say 90% of the girls in ban chang have gone back to the villages. How many of the bars are even going to open if restrictions are lifted? I would wait before booking a couple of weeks in ban chang.

One independent effort counted reports of at least 22 outbreak-related suicides since March 20. 

Thailand has the world’s worst wealth inequality, and the ranks of the poor have been hardest hit.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/at-breaking-point-thailands-poor-are-killing-themselves/?fbclid=IwAR38iO2SlDtWmzUPcIru0zQ9wZxXuNxLQXXUknatM0QsYUngOQaRR9f8oIc

It's likely that more people are dying of suicide than the virus in Thailand.

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

not sold on this for sure. and where wil business come from

Exactly.

What is the point of reopening if there are no tourists in town and spending money? Why pay umpteen girls to sit around playing games on their iphones?

Bars, like Phil's, who get ongoing support from expats will tickover okay but until the travel restrictions are lifted WORLD WIDE it will be largely empty  bars and GoGo's everywhere. It is too easy to forget how bad business was in Pattaya before anyone had heard of Covid19.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

To be honest it could do with a clean out, unfortunately it’ll probably be the dodgier ones that do eventually open back up. 

THe "dodgier" ones were my reason for an R & R visit. 🤣

• Haha 1

Richard Barrow has tweeted that the Chonburi governor has just signed an order that some things will be relaxed as of 1st May. I tried running the order through Google Translate and just got legalese gibberish. Does anybody have details of what exactly will be relaxed? (Assuming the High Heidyins in Bangkok don't flush the order down the toilet, of course.)

Edit:

Here's the notice, if anyone can read Thai better than Google Translate, lol:

EWSkvUfXYAEDu6T.jpg.e0433695f599d1f7de44cf1ac781e05c.jpg

Edited by Toy Boy

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Richard Barrow has tweeted that the Chonburi governor has just signed an order that some things will be relaxed as of 1st May. I tried running the order through Google Translate and just got legalese gibberish. Does anybody have details of what exactly will be relaxed? (Assuming the High Heidyins in Bangkok don't flush the order down the toilet, of course.)

Edit:

Here's the notice, if anyone can read Thai better than Google Translate, lol:

EWSkvUfXYAEDu6T.jpg.e0433695f599d1f7de44cf1ac781e05c.jpg

Read the prior post in this topic.

19 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Pattaya Open 1st May ...

https://sawadeesiam.com/coronavirus-covid-19-news/chonburi-governor-retracts-all-lockdown-measures-from-may-1st/

I'm pretty shocked it isn't going to be a phased approach...

Some businesses, shopping malls and the like may be allowed to reopen under certain conditions. Absolutely zero chance of a new plaza blue sofa party going on.

If you had to  book a ticket to fly to Thailand, what's the general consensus of when you think it will be 'normal' again, as in no restrictions or health certs etc to flying, and most things open?

I know many have said they're not booking at all until this passes, but if you had to give a date, what do you think, or from those living in Thailand with more local knowledge, what say you?

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

If you had to  book a ticket to fly to Thailand, what's the general consensus of when you think it will be 'normal' again, as in no restrictions or health certs etc to flying, and most things open?

I know many have said they're not booking at all until this passes, but if you had to give a date, what do you think, or from those living in Thailand with more local knowledge, what say you?

October...... maybe 🙏

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I don't think it is wise to book flights when the country currently has complete ban on incoming flights (bar repatriation flights etc). They just declared neighbouring countries areas of disease today. That doesn't sound to me like a country preparing to open itself up to international travel anytime soon. At the minute nobody can say for sure when is a good time to book flights.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

October...... maybe 🙏

See EVA are currently giving free refunds for flights till end of May. Before that it was end of April I think, so pretty sure in the next few weeks they'll extend it to end of June, and so forth until such times there's a sense of normality.

We're booked for 20th of June, can't see it happening, and even if it did, i'd be very hesitant about going for a few reasons.

Once i can get a free refund, then no doubt i'll start looking, as with all this fucking bollocks, f**k we could do with a holiday to help 'reset' our  heads and lives in general as back to kinda something like normal.

Thinking about start of January again.

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

I don't think it is wise to book flights when the country currently has complete ban on incoming flights (bar repatriation flights etc). They just declared neighbouring countries areas of disease today. That doesn't sound to me like a country preparing to open itself up to international travel anytime soon. At the minute nobody can say for sure when is a good time to book flights.

I know, but if you had to give a date, what would you think?

At 16-24 months after COVID-19 is considered under control (the end of 2022, if COVID-19 is under control by the end of this year), it's time for leisure travellers to return en masse as the industry reaches "80-90% of pre-virus leisure volume", while at 24+ months (2023) Atmosphere expects travel to be "at or above pre-virus traffic".

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/post-coronavirus-normal-travel-may-not-resume-until-2023

It's all just guesswork at the moment.

The stickler for most is going to be 'health certificates'. At the minute they are nigh on impossible to get in the UK.

Edited by dcfc2007

No point in going on any holiday , if you may need to self isolate once you arrive ..

the public will need to have clarity before they start booking trips , the only ones that will travel in the next few months are those that have second homes imo 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

See EVA are currently giving free refunds for flights till end of May. Before that it was end of April I think, so pretty sure in the next few weeks they'll extend it to end of June, and so forth until such times there's a sense of normality.

We're booked for 20th of June, can't see it happening, and even if it did, i'd be very hesitant about going for a few reasons.

Once i can get a free refund, then no doubt i'll start looking, as with all this fucking bollocks, f**k we could do with a holiday to help 'reset' our  heads and lives in general as back to kinda something like normal.

Thinking about start of January again.

I know, but if you had to give a date, what would you think?

My hope is that with increased testing in the UK it will become easier to get a 'covid free' certificate. So I'm gonna punt for November/December. But that really is wishful thinking...

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

No point in going on any holiday , if you may need to self isolate once you arrive ..

the public will need to have clarity before they start booking trips , the only ones that will travel in the next few months are those that have second homes imo 

And where do you stay while in Quarantine?.... the cells at the airport? The Bangkok Hilton?

• Thumbs Up 1