COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

the biggest issue will be when they open the flood gates to the BKKians, where its still strong, and then foreigners coming from covid ridden countries.. my worry then it will all flare up again on a bigger scale.

either way, the city is f***d for a year

Could be a bigger issue than BKKians ...

https://www.c9hotelworks.com/downloads/china-thailand-travel-sentiment-survey-2020-04.pdf

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

i actually think they did it right.  first, until now, no one had an idea how bad it would get here, and other countries were in the shit.  2nd.  no tourists want to travel anyway so no extra loss.  3rd..  we get o see what the real score is.

the biggest issue will be when they open the flood gates to the BKKians, where its still strong, and then foreigners coming from covid ridden countries.. my worry then it will all flare up again on a bigger scale.

either way, the city is f***d for a year

I don't know Tommy.

Excluding business owners plenty of folk in the UK may find themselves better off financially coming out of this.

80% pay with much fewer bills so plenty more disposable cash. Michael O'Leary of Ryanair is predicting a tourism boom when travelling restrictions are lifted.

It all depends on what travel requirements are in place.

19 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

But the UK has categorically stated that "heat or cold" has no effect on the virus, i see it on Skynews everyday.

Up to you who to believe - Local news or world maps showing the number of cases in each country....

25 minutes ago, Krapow said:

TBF, I was reading an article earlier on about it now being the best time to buy a Condo due to the Covid situation lol

Who wrote the article bryan flowers? 

Cash upfront, garunteed 60% returns.

🙄😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I don't know Tommy.

Excluding business owners plenty of folk in the UK may find themselves better off financially coming out of this.

80% pay with much fewer bills so plenty more disposable cash. Michael O'Leary of Ryanair is predicting a tourism boom when travelling restrictions are lifted.

It all depends on what travel requirements are in place.

If I was still an employer and a member of my staff asked for two weeks holiday after getting 80% at home for 4 months whilst my business was going down the shitter I would tell them

" Two chances of That!! Get back to work and ask again next year."

• Like 2

It's now being reported that the Health Ministry thinks dens of pestilence like Bangkok and Chon Buri province should not be allowed to reopen until June. That would mean another six weeks of these restrictions and all the negative things that would imply. The GF tells me that suicides among Thai people are well up, something that's not being reported in the farang media. Will they be able to keep on feeding the poor Thais until June, and what effect will limited food availability for such an extended period have on their children? I just hope the preparations being made to start reopening places on May 1st will bear fruit on May 1st, and not June 1st.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386419?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

It's now being reported that the Health Ministry thinks dens of pestilence like Bangkok and Chon Buri province should not be allowed to reopen until June. That would mean another six weeks of these restrictions and all the negative things that would imply. The GF tells me that suicides among Thai people are well up, something that's not being reported in the farang media. Will they be able to keep on feeding the poor Thais until June, and what effect will limited food availability for such an extended period have on their children? I just hope the preparations being made to start reopening places on May 1st will bear fruit on May 1st, and not June 1st.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386419?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

Well i was hoping the travel lockdown to enter Pattaya will be removed by 1st May as i want to visit a mate of mine who is recovering from cancer, that does'nt look too favourable in view of your post TB 😬

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i was hoping the travel lockdown to enter Pattaya will be removed by 1st May as i want to visit a mate of mine who is recovering from cancer, that does'nt look too favourable in view of your post TB 😬

I think by 1 May if the checkpoints are still in place it'll probably be for show with only a quick temp check to get into Pattaya. By some reports that's already happening.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I think we'll just have to wait and see what they do. With all the talk there's been of a May 1st start to normalisation I suspect the mayor and governor won't be terribly happy if it doesn't happen. And what were the numbers today, 19 new cases, none in Chonburi, and one new death. In a country with 65 million inhabitants it's statistically irrelevant.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Don't forget this is an international emergency that is dominating the entire news cycle of every country in the world. How do you think it would look if pictures started emerging of half naked Thai girls giving western men lap dances.

I don't think that would go down well in Thailand at the moment let alone internationally. A certain Pattaya news outlet jumped the gun when they said the bars would open on the 1st of May when that never looked likely at all.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, that was pretty much my experience, try, try and try again. and eventually it will work.

Just for completeness, my online 90 day was approved this morning.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

see on OZ TV tonight that 2.5 Million people this year till April 18th have died from cancer,

how many from Wuhan Virus 150000+

in Australia we had 21 new cases, with 49 in ICUs all over the country

with 97% only mild cases in the total of Wuhan Virus cases in Australia

reckon there are kids not yet born, who are going to be paying their nations debt from this Wuhan Virus.

to voice a old Australia Labour party slogan "It's Time,"

to lift these bloody restrictions if many new cases come,just go back to restrictions

regards

grayray

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

They can if they want, country has loads of foreign currency reserves, the elites in the Country are proper, proper minted, *********************

But they never have before, so don't see why they would now.

That's why Khun T for all his faults was so popular, he was smart enough to see that and harness it.

Edited by tommy dee
rather than delete, edited to remove one line which is against rules ;) sorrry
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

They can if they want, country has loads of foreign currency reserves, the elites in the Country are proper, proper minted, *********************

But they never have before, so don't see why they would now.

That's why Khun T for all his faults was so popular, he was smart enough to see that and harness it.

No worries, understood @tommy dee.

And i'm sure people will get the jist of what I had said anyway because it had to be deleted. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have been under the impression that I have been unable to return to Bangsaray because there is currently a restriction on travelling between regions. As there are four checkpoints normally permanantly operated by Army/Police when driving back I have not even considered making the journey.

This morning Sai and I had a vigorous discussion on this subject as she is adament no such restriction is in place.

I am sure this has been discussed on the forum but I cannot find reference. Could somebody please clarify for me.

ps:

I do not need to drive through Pattaya on the Sukhumvit road to get to Bangsaray. I would take the Rayong/Sattahip road off the motorway.

Edited by Jambo

51 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I have been under the impression that I have been unable to return to Bangsaray because there is currently a restriction on travelling between regions. As there are four checkpoints normally permanantly operated by Army/Police when driving back I have not even considered making the journey.

This morning Sai and I had a vigorous discussion on this subject as she is adament no such restriction is in place.

I am sure this has been discussed on the forum but I cannot find reference. Could somebody please clarify for me.

ps:

I do not need to drive through Pattaya on the Sukhumvit road to get to Bangsaray. I would take the Rayong/Sattahip road off the motorway.

thought I read somewhere that you can travel home to your residence?

regards

grayray