COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Numbers of deaths from road traffic accidents is way down at the moment, think there was only 5 on Saturday, normally 50-60  

I seen that and it's welcome news alright, but overshadowed by a huge rise in suicides.

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Numbers of deaths from road traffic accidents is way down at the moment, think there was only 5 on Saturday, normally 50-60  

Some idiot made a similar comment on French TV.

So, maybe we should.keep the lockdown ? We'll have less traffic accident, we could close many carfactories, save the planet and make Greta happy ....😂😂😂😂😡😡😡🌧

And keep airplanes grounded, so there are no air disasters anymore...

We should ban natural sex also, and only do "in vitro" procreation... no more STD risk

But to start with, why dont we ban fecking cigarettes, and put half of the police force tracking down smokers ? Now here we would save hundreds of thousands of life EVERY year...

Just ask me guys, I have plenty great ideas the Grand Genius hasn't even thought of ! 

ps : Dont anybody come up with a ban on JD, or he goes straigth to 20 years confinement on a great island near N.Y. ! 

FFS.....

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

So, maybe we should.keep the lockdown ? We'll have less traffic accident, we could close many carfactories, save the planet and make Greta happy ....😂😂😂😂😡😡😡🌧

We should ban natural sex also, and only do "in vitro" procreation... no more STD risk

But to start with, why dont we ban fecking cigarettes, and put half of the police force tracking down smokers ? Now here we would save hundreds of thousands of life EVERY year...

Just ask me guys, I have plenty great ideas the Grand Genius hasn't even thought of ! 

ps : Dont anybody come up with a ban on JD, or he goes straigth to 20 years confinement on a great island near N.Y. ! 

FFS.....

Calm down.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

With precautionary measures, why not?

Thailand's suicide rate is through the roof at the moment, more people will kill themselves from the economic hardship than the virus.

There are 50-60 deaths and thousands of serious injuries in Thailand every single day from road accidents. Bangkok, Chaing Mai and other northern cities have some of the worst air pollution levels in the world. 

Yet a virus that is often no worse than the flu and is infecting only a dozen or so people every day is allowed to cripple the country.

Very true, how they drive in Thailand is deadlier than any virus.

There's been more deaths from itchy balls std caught in soi 6, than the virus. I just about killed myself one day, that busy scratching my knob I was nearly run over😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

FFS.....

Starting to like what you're posting, a glimmer of common sense that's sadly lacking in most people's heads.

• Haha 1

Driven to desperation by the unprecedented economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of Thais taking their own lives to escape their hardship has increased, according to a research paper commissioned by the Office of the Committee for the Promotion of Science, Research and Innovations.

The research was conducted by a group of academics from Chiang Mai, Chulalongkorn, Thammasat, Thaksin, Khon Kaen and Burapha universities, based on press reports published during the first three weeks of April, during which the national lockdown measures were in place.

The report says that there were 38 suicide attempts during that period, resulting in 28 deaths, adding that, while the lockdown has been somewhat successful in slowing the rate of new COVID-19 infections and deaths, it has also had a devastating impact on the economy.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/report-says-thailands-suicide-rate-increasing-during-coronavirus-pandemic/

• Like 1

Thailand is the leading ASEAN nation in annual suicide rates

Published  4 months ago

on 11-01-2020

By

The Thaiger & The Nation

Thailand, which ranks in 32nd place with 14.4 of suicides per 100.000 population – or nearly 10,000 suicide deaths last year – holds the unenviable position of number 1 among ASEAN countries on the WHO suicide list, followed by Singapore (Rank 67 with the ratio of 11.2) and Laos (Rank 84 with the ratio of 8.6. The Philippines has the ASEANS’s least rate (Rank 163 with the ratio of 3.2). Brunei wasn’t on the 183-country list.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-leads-asean-nations-in-annual-suicide-rate

Strong suggestions that the decision to keep the night time curfew was politically motivated. In the weeks prior to the this anti-government protests were spreading, Bangkok was seeing its first large scale street demonstrations in years.

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Strong suggestions that the decision to keep the night time curfew was politically motivated. In the weeks prior to the this anti-government protests were spreading, Bangkok was seeing its first large scale street demonstrations in years.

Loads of 'Strong Men' dictator types are using this to 'crack down' to use a Thai term. 

I've even stopped the wife from going handbag shopping 😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Leaked plan for the lifting of Covid restrictions in Thailand. Not official but seems fairly plausible to me.

Screenshot_20200427_184400.jpg

Screenshot_20200427_184416.jpg

Well I hope he's got this story right for once, though personally I think mid-June is too early to be thinking of opening up the indoor entertainment venues again.

And nothing specific there that I can see as to when the beaches will be open again, with appropriate social distancing, of course. Swimming pools opening at the start of June might cover the beaches, but so could parks opening a couple of weeks earlier.

Sounds like a plan, anyway, let's just wait and hear what the High Heidyins in Bangkok think of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toy Boy said:

Well I hope he's got this story right for once, though personally I think mid-June is too early to be thinking of opening up the indoor entertainment venues again.

And nothing specific there that I can see as to when the beaches will be open again, with appropriate social distancing, of course. Swimming pools opening at the start of June might cover the beaches, but so could parks opening a couple of weeks earlier.

Sounds like a plan, anyway, let's just wait and hear what the High Heidyins in Bangkok think of it.

I actually think Richard Barrow has been one of the more reliable sources of information during this crisis. It is very difficult for news outlets in Thailand, every somchai and his grandad is a general of something, trying to get a straight answer out of them must be like torture.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

...trying to get a straight answer out of them must be like torture.

You can say that again. They had a meeting yesterday to decide what to do, but then had to have another meeting to make the announcement on extending the state of emergency, and yet still no word on what restrictions, if any, are going to be eased. You'd think that was all discussed at the previous meetings, but maybe they need another one followed by a meeting to announce what the last meeting decided.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

You can say that again. They had a meeting yesterday to decide what to do, but then had to have another meeting to make the announcement on extending the state of emergency, and yet still no word on what restrictions, if any, are going to be eased. You'd think that was all discussed at the previous meetings, but maybe they need another one followed by a meeting to announce what the last meeting decided.

The only thing they love more than a crackdown, is a meeting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

That's why I always wait for the official announcement to the official announcement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has dismissed reports Chinese tourists will be allowed to visit Thailand again next month.

This will not be possible because the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) on April 27 decided to extend the ban on all incoming commercial flights for another month -- until May 31 -- over coronavirus concerns, CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said on Wednesday.

"Foreign visitors cannot visit right now," he said. "We have to take care of our own people first. Tourism will be discussed later. Don't worry."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1910076/chinese-tourists-still-face-entry-ban

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

"Foreign visitors cannot visit right now," he said. "We have to take care of our own people first. Tourism will be discussed later. Don't worry."

We were all wondering why they didn't seem to feel that way back in February when they were still allowing Chinese tourists to enter the country freely. Damn, but I still can't believe they've got off so lightly when they did absolutely nothing in the early stages of the pandemic (not that I'm complaining, of course). It was only the infection that broke out after the Muay Thai match in Lumpnini (and which started the current wave) that they began taking matters seriously.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1