COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

2 minutes ago, Starshine said:

And where do you stay while in Quarantine?.... the cells at the airport? The Bangkok Hilton?

Similar thing here

I girl I know in Patts , told me that there is no way she would consider going back to Buriram when Patts opens up on 1st May ( apparently) because you have to go to a temple in Buriram for 14 days quarantine before you are allowed home ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Similar thing here

I girl I know in Patts , told me that there is no way she would consider going back to Buriram when Patts opens up on 1st May ( apparently) because you have to go to a temple in Buriram for 14 days quarantine before you are allowed home ...

She's bullshitting you my bro in law his Mrs and my Sis in law all travelled up there from Sattahip yesterday for a few days while the factories back open and to take their newborn daughter to see the rest of the family.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

If you had to  book a ticket to fly to Thailand, what's the general consensus of when you think it will be 'normal' again, as in no restrictions or health certs etc to flying, and most things open?

I know many have said they're not booking at all until this passes, but if you had to give a date, what do you think, or from those living in Thailand with more local knowledge, what say you?

oct-devcember.  .. as they reduce restrictions, so the count will rise and they will end up re introducing them ( sadly).

2 hours ago, Starshine said:

And where do you stay while in Quarantine?.... the cells at the airport? The Bangkok Hilton?

currently all go to a quarantine centre, mostly sattahip navy base.  

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

currently all go to a quarantine centre, mostly sattahip navy base.  

In Australia they used the hotels seeing as they weren't doing much business.

Anyone know of an empty hotel in the Pattaya area?

6 hours ago, roomark said:

She's bullshitting you my bro in law his Mrs and my Sis in law all travelled up there from Sattahip yesterday for a few days while the factories back open and to take their newborn daughter to see the rest of the family.

There's reports of new criteria in the process of being introduced by Buri Ram province.  They're something along the lines of that by the end of next week, every resident will be issued a sticker for their ID card.  If you leave the province, the sticker guarantees re-entry but with quarantine required.  If you don't have a sticker you don't get in.  Probably be as much good as Pattaya roadblocks, but worth bearing in mind.

7 hours ago, Starshine said:

Thay have hotels prepared as both hospitals and/or quarantine centres.  in Pattaya they have one wing of the Grand Bella off Second Road, and there are 6 in Bangkok with 1,200 rooms available.  Paid for by the government allegedly.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1897350/empty-hotels-eager-to-serve-as-quarantine-facilities

Edited by KWA
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, fygjam said:

In Australia they used the hotels seeing as they weren't doing much business.

Anyone know of an empty hotel in the Pattaya area?

THERE IS A HOTEL sorrry caps.. hjere in pattaya but you wont get this far from the airport.  at airport you are herded together and put on a bus... mainly to sattahip. the pattaya and other regional hotels are or were lined up for local suspects not flight arrivals

7 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

THERE IS A HOTEL sorrry caps.. hjere in pattaya but you wont get this far from the airport.  at airport you are herded together and put on a bus... mainly to sattahip. the pattaya and other regional hotels are or were lined up for local suspects not flight arrivals

The article linked above specifically says they are for "returnees", quoting the DG of the Health Service Support Department.

Just after the weekend when there was all the hassle at the airport with one group going to Sattahip and one running away, there were busloads reportedly taken to a Bangkok hotel from another flight.

The most important thing is to prevent transmission from abroad

The arrivals section before passport control

MIGRANT_SPRAY-MS303_1585582303.jpg

This will be streamlined when the equipment has been suitable modified and an adequate supply of disinfectant has been sourced.

Drenching weaner Merino sheep with a drenching gun.

11 hours ago, roomark said:

Yeah, the Thai boyfriend will be in patts.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

oct-devcember.  .. as they reduce restrictions, so the count will rise and they will end up re introducing them ( sadly).

Thinking new year's eve flight again, arrive 1st Jan.

But no rush, have to get my free refund from EVA for June yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KWA said:

There's reports of new criteria in the process of being introduced by Buri Ram province.  They're something along the lines of that by the end of next week, every resident will be issued a sticker for their ID card.  If you leave 

Thay have hotels prepared as both hospitals and/or quarantine centres.  in Pattaya they have one wing of the Grand Bella off Second Road, and there are 6 in Bangkok with 1,200 rooms available.  Paid for by the government allegedly.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1897350/empty-hotels-eager-to-serve-as-quarantine-facilities

Are they girl friendly?

• Haha 1

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/26/thai-ministry-of-public-health-releases-guidelines-for-massage-shops-spas-and-beauty-clinics-under-covid19-providing-possible-hint-of-easing-some-restrictions/?fbclid=IwAR396mjJWa_JW7BMnD4fjfsbJ-bQ_yF6yY40TbQxxNrW85qYyionppBWsHY

So massage shops could be allowed to open their doors from the first. So massaging, rubbing, sucking, fucking and exchanging bodily fluids is a-ok but no sitting at a barstool. Tell me again how there's no vendetta against alcohol and bars.

🤡

Edited by dcfc2007

10 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Only a handful of new cases today as well. Yet the lockdown continues crippling the economy and driving many to despair and suicide. Stark raving mad.

wot?  so you think opening everything back up is the answer?  surely not

4 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

wot?  so you think opening everything back up is the answer?  surely not

With precautionary measures, why not?

Thailand's suicide rate is through the roof at the moment, more people will kill themselves from the economic hardship than the virus.

There are 50-60 deaths and thousands of serious injuries in Thailand every single day from road accidents. Bangkok, Chaing Mai and other northern cities have some of the worst air pollution levels in the world. 

Yet a virus that is often no worse than the flu and is infecting only a dozen or so people every day is allowed to cripple the country.

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Thailand's suicide rate is through the roof at the moment, more people will kill themselves from the economic hardship than the virus.

There are 50-60 deaths and thousands of serious injuries in Thailand every single day from road accidents. Bangkok, Chaing Mai and other northern cities have some of the worst air pollution levels in the world. 

Yet a virus that is often no worse than the flu and is infecting only a dozen or so people every day is allowed to cripple the country.

one of the few times i totally disagree with you and its costing me every cent right now.

itrs crippling us and that the cost of staying almost covid free in a world that simply isnt.   be like building a dam and the minute it rains, pulling it down again so it doesnt fuill up

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

one of the few times i totally disagree with you and its costing me every cent right now.

itrs crippling us and that the cost of staying almost covid free in a world that simply isnt.   be like building a dam and the minute it rains, pulling it down again so it doesnt fuill up

We will agree to disagree. 

Fingers crossed there is light at the end of the tunnel for you soon enough.

I've seen you have been helping out with the food donation, a good deed never goes unrewarded. 

It will get better soon, keep the faith.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Numbers of deaths from road traffic accidents is way down at the moment, think there was only 5 on Saturday, normally 50-60  

• Thumbs Up 1