COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

20 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

And dont start taking away my freedom.

As simple as that. 

Wonder what your opinion would be if God forbid you did get the virus, especially being a pensioner in the high risk group. 

It's this type of attitude that will just keep restrictions in place for longer. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KWA said:

New checkpoint locations being put in place today, although nothing yet at one I just went through to get to Foodland on Klang.  This should be fun.

At Mareewit School
Near Mueang Jamlong
Entrance to Pattana Nua (North Pattaya) at the Prinya Sai 3 intersection
Pattaya Klang (Central Pattaya) at Soi Arunothai
Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya) at Soi Kophai
Thepprasit Intersection
Intersection near Boon Kanjanagaram Temple
I-yakan Intersection

News reports said new checkpoint locations wouldn't start until next Tuesday. It will be interesting to see how they put this into practice given all the minor sois that can be used to access central Pattaya.

Things are getting dire in the boonies. 

All markets are closed so no local access to fresh produce and the cost of eg eggs has jumped from a 100 to 150 baht. The family are mostly living on rice, noodles and canned fish.

• Great Info 2

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Let me be (as usual) the devils advocate..

So you put 100 young married guys with kids out of job, out of income to save one  75 y old single guy ? And that's fair ?

Even if I was that 75y old I would tell you it's not and if there is one person to "sacrify" it's me. 

And yup, I am safe, at the beach with a drink watching the waves. And by doing that I dont even endanger anybody elses life....

. I havent put 100 people out of a job.  and i seem to have a level of decency that passed you in the gene pool.  i wopnt coment further because I would have to hide my own post if i told you my real opinion

enjoy

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Let me be (as usual) the devils advocate..

So you put 100 young married guys with kids out of job, out of income to save one  75 y old single guy ? And that's fair ?

Even if I was that 75y old I would tell you it's not and if there is one person to "sacrify" it's me. 

And yup, I am safe, at the beach with a drink watching the waves. And by doing that I dont even endanger anybody elses life....

They must have a good internet connection on this beach because sadly you seem to spend most of your life on this forum.

At least most of the rest of us had a life before coronavirus put it on hold.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

. I havent put 100 people out of a job.  and i seem to have a level of decency that passed you in the gene pool.  i wopnt coment further because I would have to hide my own post if i told you my real opinion

enjoy

Tommy mate,

I will lend you my red card.

Please feel free to use it for the frog "head the ball". 🤣

red card.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Wonder what your opinion would be if God forbid you did get the virus, especially being a pensioner in the high risk group. 

It's this type of attitude that will just keep restrictions in place for longer. 

Mate, as you say, I am supposed to be in the "high risk group" 

So be it. Now, I am not gonna hang out in a crowded subway but as I am living in a region / town where de facto you are isolated due to the fact it is deserted by tourists and you really don't have to make much efforts for "social distancing" 

Example : This morning I went to the supermarket (Grab car) buy some stuff, besides me there were just 3 or 4 people in there. 

Next I went have a few drinks at the beach, look at the pics, in total around noon there were probably 4 tables occupied by groups who chooce to be together. 

In my resort, the place is empty. 

So, plse understand it is completely different from living in NY or London.

On the other hand most of the Balinese continue with their live, and doing the traditionnal handshake + hand on the heart (M.E. style). If somebody greets me like that, I accept it. 

My Miss regulary meets friends and family, and there is no way I would even think about stopping this. 

Now, as I mentionned earlier, if shit happens to me I dont beg for prayers and thoughts. 

17 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

enjoy

I wasn't speaking about you. It was just a hypothetical example. 

And you can think whatever suits you about me, it doesn't bother me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Mate, as you say, I am supposed to be in the "high risk group" 

So be it. Now, I am not gonna hang out in a crowded subway but as I am living in a region / town where de facto you are isolated due to the fact it is deserted by tourists and you really don't have to make much efforts for "social distancing" 

Example : This morning I went to the supermarket (Grab car) buy some stuff, besides me there were just 3 or 4 people in there. 

Next I went have a few drinks at the beach, look at the pics, in total around noon there were probably 4 tables occupied by groups who chooce to be together. 

In my resort, the place is empty. 

So, plse understand it is completely different from living in NY or London.

On the other hand most of the Balinese continue with their live, and doing the traditionnal handshake + hand on the heart (M.E. style). If somebody greets me like that, I accept it. 

My Miss regulary meets friends and family, and there is no way I would even think about stopping this. 

Now, as I mentionned earlier, if shit happens to me I dont beg for prayers and thoughts. 

I wasn't speaking about you. It was just a hypothetical example. 

And you can think whatever suits you about me, it doesn't bother me. 

bet your ears burn at night tho, first sign of covid I am told   

ahem

• Haha 2

EVA AIR now allowing free rebook or free refund for flights up to May 31st. 

Except Italy up to 6th July. 

Though sadly with the daily death numbers the UK is now posting, it will soon be the 'exception' with flights cancelled/free refund for longer.

I'll just wait until our June 19th flight is included, then cancel for free.

https://www.evaair.com/en-gb/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/2020-01-24-wuhan-coronavirus.html

Handling Guideline of EVA/UNI AIR International Flights affected by COVID-19

1. Eligibility

For passengers holding EVA/UNI AIR tickets with confirmed booking on following international sectors

(a) Ticket issued/reissued date : on/before 2020-04-09

(b) Travel date:

Route Date
Mainland China / Hong Kong /Macao Between 2020-01-20 and 2020-05-31
Singapore Between 2020-02-11 and 2020-05-31
Japan Between 2020-02-22 and 2020-05-31
Korea Between 2020-02-24 and 2020-05-31
Europe (except Italy) Between 2020-03-11 and 2020-05-31
*Italy Between 2020-02-18 and 2020-07-06
Australia Between 2020-03-20 and 2020-05-31
Others Between 2020-03-17 and 2020-05-31

2. Applicable period

The application must be submitted on/before 2020-06-02.

*Italy route: must be submitted on/before 2020-07-07.

3. Provisions of Rebooking/Reissue

A. Passengers may change the flight departing on/before 2020-12-31 and the reissue fee will be waived for ONE transaction.

(a) Provided that no changes made on RBD and routing (city) to the new EVA/UNI AIR operated flight, and the fare/tax difference should be collected if reissue. Endorse to flights operated by other carriers is not permitted.

(b) Tickets with interline connecting flight involved, re-accommodation must be made in accordance with applicable EVA/UNI AIR fare rule within same destination (city) and the fare/tax differences should be collected.

(c) For conditions other than (a) (b) above, changes will refer to applicable EVA/UNI AIR fare rule and charge the fare/tax difference.

B. No-show passengers will not be exempted from no-show fee.

C. Ticket validity can be extended for additional 14 days from the last day of ticket validity for the new traveling date.

D. For tickets purchased from travel agents, please contact the original issuing agent for rebooking and ticket change.

4. Refund

A. Refund fee of the tickets and/or ancillary services will be exempted.

B. For tickets purchased or modified from EVA AIR official website, please submit a refund application through EVA AIR website. For tickets purchased from EVA/UNI AIR ticketing channels, please contact EVA/UNI AIR reservation and ticketing office to arrange a refund.

C. For tickets purchased from travel agents, please contact your travel agent for refunds.

5. Refund fee could be waived for the reissued tickets.

6. Award ticket and upgrade with mileages

Please contact EVA/UNI AIR reservation and ticketing office for rebooking or refund. The service fee such as reissue fee and refund fee can be exempted for ONE transaction. Expired miles are exempt from collection provided the revised itinerary meets the same criteria as the previous ticket.

7. Group passengers

Please refer to the original issuing agent.

8. Free and reduced fare tickets

Such as ID/AD/DM tickets, are not applicable to this provision.

9. For ticket change/refunds on/after 2020-04-10, please follow the instruction of this handling guideline.

5 hours ago, Esco said:

All markets are closed so no local access to fresh produce and the cost of eg eggs has jumped from a 100 to 150 baht. The family are mostly living on rice, noodles and canned fish.

Things are getting really dire in the boonies. Leo out of tea cups time. They seem to have the usual Thai/Isaan rice and vegetable shite to eat but not the barbecues and grilled fishes.

Beer is running low because the shops can't buy from wholesalers. Not yer usual Songkran this year methinks.  Sad ....... for Isaan folk. :default_cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

News reports said new checkpoint locations wouldn't start until next Tuesday. It will be interesting to see how they put this into practice given all the minor sois that can be used to access central Pattaya.

Yes, I hear Tuesday now too, and the locations on Nua, Klang and Tai moved back to the Sukhumvit junctions. I reckon they could try and blockade all the other minor exits like they did with the ones you showed on Thursday, but no idea how successful that would be.

25 minutes ago, KWA said:

Yes, I hear Tuesday now too, and the locations on Nua, Klang and Tai moved back to the Sukhumvit junctions. I reckon they could try and blockade all the other minor exits like they did with the ones you showed on Thursday, but no idea how successful that would be.

Pattaya News had a rough draft of the checkpoint locations. And as you noted, they've been moved back to Sukhumvit junctions.

Looks like southbound through traffic will be able to use Sukhumvit, but northbound will have to divert to the railway road.

Leaving Pattaya you won't have to go through a checkpoint, so that means they won't have to block off the minor sois that exit onto Sukhumvit.

No mention in the news report on how they'll stop traffic east of Sukhumvit on local streets from coming into Pattaya from north of Nakula and south of Jomtien.

For those coming from or going to the darkside, it's probably going to be a bitch crossing at the railway road intersections with the heavy flow of diverted northbound traffic.

I also expect there will be long lines of traffic backed up waiting to get through the checkpoints on Sukhumvit.

It's sure to be an interesting day on Tuesday. I'll have to figure out how I'll get photos of the checkpoints without having to cross the divide and re enter through a checkpoint. Maybe FM103 can issue me a press pass. :default_biggrin:

1586541565589319581515142181259.jpg

Hopefully everyone is stocked up on their favorite alcohol drink.

Chonburi Governor bans all alcohol sales, drinking outside, transportation of alcohol until April 30

The Chonburi Governor has released an order tonight stating that all alcohol sales are banned until April 30th in Chonburi province, which includes Pattaya.

The order also includes drinking outside which is firmly against the law in any outside locations.

Additionally, it also bans supply shops and transportation of alcohol in the province during the dates to avoid smaller shops or individuals attempting to sell out of normal license procedures.

This is designed to encourage social distancing and stop people from gathering for Songkran or in public areas.

Being caught breaking these rules, including having a drink outside, can result in fines of up to 100,000 baht and up to 2 years in jail under the emergency decree in place to stop Covid19. The order is effective immediately.

• Great Info 1

30 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

You just know that the Thai elites, who are of course completely unaffected by all the horseshit, are laughing in their cognac over the pain they're inflicting on the peasants, the only people the elites hate almost as much as farangs.

Can't disagree with that.

As much as I see the mom and pop shops doing their own thing I just wonder how long their stocks of booze will last given the lack of ability to source boxes of beer in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

There's a report on TV from a BM that he and his farang neighbors had a house visit from one of the Thai volunteer corp (blue cap/yellow scarf uniform). He was told he had to show them his passport, TM30 receipt and 90 day report and that information was recorded. He was then told they would be back the next day with a certificate documenting that he had not been outside of Thailand since COVID-19 restrictions were put into effect.

The problem with this is they were apparently only visiting addresses where a farang resided. I find this very disturbing as it reinforces a message that some in the govt have been sending out that farang are dirty and unclean and it's our fault for the spread of the virus in Thailand. That's a dangerous, for us, message to be sending out to a predominantly undereducated population who are taught from an early age to not question those in authority.

If things don't return to some resemblance of normal relatively soon, I think it's now within the realm of possibilities that we may all have to start carrying a document certifying we're clean.

• Great Info 1

16 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

They say these things knowing that nobody will expect them to actually happen.

Not before dragging their feet first. Look at the farce around the TM28.

Edited by dcfc2007

9 hours ago, Esco said:

Lass in Buriram said they aren't allowed to buy whiskey and are only allowed to buy a few beers.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

As much as I see the mom and pop shops doing their own thing I just wonder how long their stocks of booze will last given the lack of ability to source boxes of beer in the near future.

As you know, it will depend on who they know, mostly cops, as does everything else in Thailand.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Probably be doing many people a favour if they can't buy booze. 

Mrs reckons more people in Isaan are dying of alcohol withdrawal and moonshine than Covid ..............

Ray is 1,000% correct the elites will just pour themselves another premium cognac and send the maid out to get more from the chief of police.... :default_268213:

I mean prohibition was such a rip roaring success in America ...... :default_1087:

• Great Info 1

We have a quite a number of shops along our Village high street which create more like an extended market all of whom sell fresh food and several at least bottled beer.

As I cycled through this morning it was business as usual with no apparent shortages at all. This whole area produces large amounts of fruit, vegetables and fresh meat of all types so I would not expect anything other than full displays.

There is supposed to be a similar ban now for the sale of alcohol as the one in force in Chonburi but I somehow doubt that instruction will affect life in this village. It will be applied in the usual main outlets in the Town as a whole including my fishing park!

• Like 2

after reading and seeing tv about this Wuhan virus stuffing up a way of life in Asia,Europe and USA,smaller here in Australia,

iam glad I live in a country where high density living is not the way of life.we have some in Sydney and Melbourne,but the home on the quarter acre block was and still is, the dream of most aussies.

the only place elsewhere I would live is right now is on the beach somewhere isolated in asia.

I can see why the frog does not have too many cares in the world,even if his kids are exposed to the virus.he is not getting all hypo over the shit around, me at times i'am fucking paranoid

good luck to him and all the BMs and their families especially all your oldies who are now up in my bracket 75+

May the Wind be at your Back always.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, tommy dee said:

yes, designed to keep the suk clear and also free up jomtien and najklua as most cases have been in the city centre. 

Not correct, Tom. If you look at the list of checkpoints there will be one on Thepprasit by Soi Kopai/Soi 7, it's already clear that one part of the eastern boundary of the red zone is Soi Kopai running south from South Pattaya Road. The boundary then crosses Thepprasit and follows Thepprasit Soi 7 down to the library/athletics stadium, then hangs in a left at the T-junction going past the Vitamax place before meeting Soi Wat Bun just down from the temple. You're already well into Jomtien by then. I'm not sure where the last checkpoint is, but I'm guessing it's at the junction of the road running from Soi Wat Bun to Soi Chaiyapruek that gets there not far from Baan Suan Lalana. So basically almost the entirety of Jomtien is going to be within the quarantined are too. Maybe someone who knows North Pattaya and Naklua better than I do can fill us in on what the plan is up there with Marywit School and the other place?