COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

8 minutes ago, Esco said:

So if I understand correctly you'll get your CoE once you've confirmed your ASQ booking and obtained the proper health insurance. Then it's q matter if getting your F2F and Covid test and off you go. 

I just went on the website. 

You register first for the certificate of entry, when that's approved you book ASQ and flights, upload it and send it within 15 days. 

Then the embassy will process the application within 3 working days. 

Get your covid test within 72 hours of flying and then you show your documents at the airport. 

This is a huge relaxing of the restrictions! I'm tempted... 

• Great Info 1

45 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

You register first for the certificate of entry, when that's approved you book ASQ and flights, upload it and send it within 15 days. 

Get your covid test within 72 hours of flying and then you show your documents at the airport. 

Strange... we couldn't get a CoE without the ASQ booking and insurance for me. Shows you how these requirements continue to change. 

6 minutes ago, Esco said:

Strange... we couldn't get a CoE without the ASQ booking and insurance for me. Shows you how these requirements continue to change. 

That changed already beginning of November during my visa application. Had booked the ASQ already but had to get a work permit for my business visa which took longer than anticipated. Then had to change the ASQ booking, because the visa process took so long, and, and and. Glad I am now in quarantine.

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

As long as there is still the requirement of quarantine I'd say there is hardly any relaxation of the restrictions.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Murchie said:

As long as there is still the requirement of quarantine I'd say there is hardly any relaxation of the restrictions.

You don't think it's a million times better than just 4 weeks ago? I agree the quarantine is a deal breaker for many, but for retirees and long stay visitors, this must be a welcome move. 

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

You don't think it's a million times better than just 4 weeks ago? I agree the quarantine is a deal breaker for many, but for retirees and long stay visitors, this must be a welcome move. 

Retirees should already have the proper visa and as far as I'm aware they can already get in. 30 day visa exempt is of no use to anyone if you need to do 15 nights 16 days stuck in a hotel room. So to answer your question no I don't really think things are better than 4 weeks ago.

• Thumbs Up 3

PANDEMIC LIKELY TO CONTINUE FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS: THAI VACCINE EXPERT

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/12/13/pandemic-likely-to-continue-for-at-least-3-years-thai-vaccine-expert/?fbclid=IwAR1rNUK8v0wA2Nktl9AQlzzegGJ1iJK0UIMejFGeWvDMsR2wSJmlNv76jak

BANGKOK (TASS) — The novel coronavirus pandemic is likely to continue for at least three years given the vaccine is available worldwide, director of Thailand’s National Vaccine Institute Dr. Nakorn Premsri said in an interview with TASS.

“The coronavirus pandemic will last for at least three years if the vaccine is available worldwide,” he said. “Its availability depends on production capacities. It will take about 10 billion doses if we want to put an end to the pandemic. In 2021, the vaccine will only be available six months later.” ...

4 hours ago, Esco said:

To get a COE, you still need to have a valid visa, ASQ booking, a flight booked and the associated insurance. Nothing has changed with that respect.

The only thing that seems to have been relaxed is who can apply for a visa.

3 hours ago, Murchie said:

A massive relaxation, no visa required for many countries, entry possible on visa exemption 30 days, but spend the first 16 in quarantine  :default_ball:

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

To get a COE, you still need to have a valid visa, ASQ booking, a flight booked and the associated insurance. Nothing has changed with that respect.

From what I see on the FB groups there has been a big change over the last 2 or 3 days. Apparently a 30 day on arrival can be extended in Thailand but of course it's breaking news and nobody has actually done it yet. As always though the place to check is the RTE not some gobshite on the internet 👀.

Met a few guys on the last few days of my quarantine who had all but given up hope of getting back. Then all of a sudden it's game on....

f**k site easier to sort out from home country rather than stuck in Saudi or Afghanistan. 

For what it's worth I think quarantine will be in place for at least another 3 months, probably 6.

I will do that review I promised in my other thread, honest 😏. It's my third night home and still settling in ... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Murchie said:

Retirees should already have the proper visa and as far as I'm aware they can already get in. 30 day visa exempt is of no use to anyone if you need to do 15 nights 16 days stuck in a hotel room. So to answer your question no I don't really think things are better than 4 weeks ago.

Interesting, considering its a lot easier to enter Thailand that it was 4 weeks ago, I would say the situation has improved, massively considering 4 weeks ago you needed to have proof of finances etc. 

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Aye, but the process of applying for a COE is much easier, and my understanding of these rule changes is you don't need a visa to get a COE. You can get a 30 day visa exemption, which they are hoping to extend for 15 days to compensate for quarantine. 

Screenshot_20201214_133400_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201214_133405_com.android.chrome.jpg

43 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Interesting, considering its a lot easier to enter Thailand that it was 4 weeks ago, I would say the situation has improved, massively considering 4 weeks ago you needed to have proof of finances etc. 

Well the RTE in London says different. Until its announced officially then nothing is certain. Screenshot_20201214-141543_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Well the RTE in London says different. Until its announced officially then nothing is certain. Screenshot_20201214-141543_Chrome.jpg

I think the "suggestion" of Visa exempt has been made and is being discussed by the govt on Tuesday. 

Various embassies, ie Dubai,  have jumped the gun, in expectation that the "suggestion" will be adopted.

I might be wrong....

55 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Aye, but the process of applying for a COE is much easier, and my understanding of these rule changes is you don't need a visa to get a COE. You can get a 30 day visa exemption, which they are hoping to extend for 15 days to compensate for quarantine. 

Screenshot_20201214_133400_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201214_133405_com.android.chrome.jpg

As I said previously, the COE process hasn't changed and you need a valid visa to apply. Whether that will change in the future I can't comment, but my info is current as of yesterday!

The easing of restrictions is mainly associated to who may enter and apply for a visa etc. I will be very surprised if they allow a visa waiver or visa on arrival, but any lifting of restrictions has got to be good methinks.

Edited by boydeste

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

I agree, they are starting to revise what is required to obtain a valid visa, the proof of finances being an example. The less restrictions the better.

As time goes on, if they don't encounter any problems, they are going to ease things as much as they can, but I don't see an easing of the quarentine requirement for quite some time and that is the main stumbling block for the regular tourist.

Most hotels do the second covid test on day 12 of your stay, which gives you licience for release, that does beg the question as to why you can't be let out on day 12s negative test. Maybe that will be revised.

Edited by boydeste

9 minutes ago, Painter said:

I think the "suggestion" of Visa exempt has been made and is being discussed by the govt on Tuesday. 

Various embassies, ie Dubai,  have jumped the gun, in expectation that the "suggestion" will be adopted.

I might be wrong....

Read the same elsewhere, guess we just have to wait and see. As far as I'm aware some Thai embassies are issuing single entry 60 day visas and some aren't. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

As I said previously, the COE process hasn't changed and you need a valid visa to apply. Whether that will change in the future I can't comment, but my info is current as of yesterday!

The easing of restrictions is mainly associated to who may enter and apply for a visa etc. I will be very surprised if they allow a visa waiver or visa on arrival, but any lifting of restrictions has got to be good methinks.

So as usual, clear as mud. It doesn't mention anything on the COE website about needing a visa, maybe the RTE in London are just late to catch up. I have emailed them to see how they respond. It's being widely reported that you will be enter on a visa exemption, including by Richard Barrow, who I don't think has got a thing wrong yet. 

Screenshot_20201214_171423_com.twitter.android.jpg

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

So as usual, clear as mud. It doesn't mention anything on the COE website about needing a visa, maybe the RTE in London are just late to catch up. I have emailed them to see how they respond. It's being widely reported that you will be enter on a visa exemption, including by Richard Barrow, who I don't think has got a thing wrong yet. 

Screenshot_20201214_171423_com.twitter.android.jpg

All I can tell you is what happens when you actually apply. The very first thing they ask for is a copy of your passport and visa. This is London BTW. There is a note that says if you don't have a valid visa you need to apply for one to run along side the COE application.

What happens tomorrow I have no idea!

Edited by boydeste

Screenshot_20201215_125136.jpg

19 hours ago, boydeste said:

All I can tell you is what happens when you actually apply. The very first thing they ask for is a copy of your passport and visa. This is London BTW. There is a note that says if you don't have a valid visa you need to apply for one to run along side the COE application.

What happens tomorrow I have no idea!

I asked the embassy if the visa exemption was being reinstated. This was the reply... 

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Screenshot_20201215_125136.jpg

I asked the embassy if the visa exemption was being reinstated. This was the reply... 

I knew nothing had changed mate as I got issued mine on Sunday. . What happens in the future is all pie in the sky until it gets implemented.

It would be nice to think that you can enter without a visa, but I can't see the COE changing anytime soon because it's the way they ensure you have the correct insurance, ASQ etc in place before you leave. The last thing they want is peolple rocking up in BKK that get refused entry.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

I knew nothing had changed mate as I got issued mine on Sunday. . What happens in the future is all pie in the sky until it gets implemented.

It would be nice to think that you can enter without a visa, but I can't see the COE changing anytime soon because it's the way they ensure you have the correct insurance, ASQ etc in place before you leave. The last thing they want is peolple rocking up in BKK that get refused entry.

It's hard to gather what exactly is going up when you get some many conflicting media reports. The quality of English language journalism in Thailand is diabolical.

Having said that, it's still a significant change for the better that the financial requirements have been dropped, and it's still much easier to enter than it was 2 months ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

It's hard to gather what exactly is going up when you get some many conflicting media reports. The quality of English language journalism in Thailand is diabolical.

Having said that, it's still a significant change for the better that the financial requirements have been dropped, and it's still much easier to enter than it was 2 months ago. 

Yes for sure and hopefully it will continue to get easier. Unfortunately the quarantine, which is so significant in preventing tourists bringing it into the country is always going to be a stumbling block for short term travellers no matter how easy it is to get a COE.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yes for sure and hopefully it will continue to get easier. Unfortunately the quarantine, which is so significant in preventing tourists bringing it into the country is always going to be a stumbling block for short term travellers no matter how easy it is to get a COE.

Yep, that's what rules me out. The longest I could get away for at the minute, would be 4-6 weeks, I can't justify spending 2 of those weeks in quarantine. I imagine there are many others like me.

However, if you can get away for 3-6 months it would be worth it. I'd happily sacrifice 2 weeks in quarantine for 3-6 months in the UK winter, suffering arbitrary lockdowns, and the daily newscycle of misery and fear. 

• Like 1

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

Yep, that's what rules me out. The longest I could get away for at the minute, would be 4-6 weeks, I can't justify spending 2 of those weeks in quarantine. I imagine there are many others like me.

However, if you can get away for 3-6 months it would be worth it. I'd happily sacrifice 2 weeks in quarantine for 3-6 months in the UK winter, suffering arbitrary lockdowns, and the daily newscycle of misery and fear. 

I hate the weather here and when it gets real icey in Jan/Feb time I am pretty much in isolation in my own home anyway. I decided that if I could get a visa for 90 days, I would go for it and suffer the quarantine. If I could of only got 60 days I may not of committed. It is all hanging now on a covid test and fit to fly 72 hours before the flights, so it can all fall apart very quickly!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1