COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

51 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

So, tell me, after that old grandmother received the first jab some time ago, with a lot of P.R. and fanfare, how many 100.000's of Brits have been vaccinated ?

Because we are flooded with daily counts of infected and deaths, but nowhere can I see a tally of the number of people vaccinated since the start of that glorious "massive" jab campaign ?

To quote oddball from Kelly's hero's..their you go again with those negative waves..have a little faith baby..woof woof 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

My town is moving to Tier 3 Saturday. 

Will be another lockdown in the new year. 

And so the circus continues.............. 

You lucky b*****d, I got Tier 3'd yesterday 😉

Can't say I notice a great deal of difference, shopping centres, are rammed with people. Absolutely zero been done about people not wearing a mask on public transport. Govt using the hospitality trade as a sacrificial  lamb.

Last Friday was the on the Tube off to a pleasant pub lunch. Professional Eastern european mafia beggar allowed to wander up and down the Tube carriage , she knows she can ride all day, beg and not be stopped. What does she and others on the Tube worry about a mythical 6k fine for not wearing a mask, every seen anyone challenged?.

She will still be working away, sticking her hand in people's faces. My pub who were sticking to the letter of law, closed with 24 hours notice. Both barmaids, one of whom had been  laid off from another job now out of work!!

It's going to get way worse, when the clusterf**k Boris makes of Brexit hits home. Does anyone really believe a word he comes out with anymore?

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I'm only suprised that some people ever did ...  🙂 

I thought he was an amiable buffoon, but that was being far too complimentary- he's dangerous and shouldn't be anywhere near power. 

That said have gone right off politicians, I'm going to revert to being an Anarchist😀

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Can't say I notice a great deal of difference, shopping centres, are rammed with people. Absolutely zero been done about people not wearing a mask on public transport. Govt using the hospitality trade as a sacrificial  lamb.

Last Friday was the on the Tube off to a pleasant pub lunch. Professional Eastern european mafia beggar allowed to wander up and down the Tube carriage , she knows she can ride all day, beg and not be stopped. What does she and others on the Tube worry about a mythical 6k fine for not wearing a mask, every seen anyone challenged?.

She will still be working away, sticking her hand in people's faces. My pub who were sticking to the letter of law, closed with 24 hours notice. Both barmaids, one of whom had been  laid off from another job now out of work!!

It's going to get way worse, when the clusterf**k Boris makes of Brexit hits home. Does anyone really believe a word he comes out with anymore?

Seems to me Hollywood is not shut down in the UK .... What ... Tom Cruise is producing Mission Impossible 99 ? there now ...

Guess Boris has his priorities correct ... locking down everyone else except Tom Cruise and his production crew ...

No .. I have never believed Boris .. seems to me Brexit is a straightforward move .... what now "fishing rights" again ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

So, tell me, after that old grandmother received the first jab some time ago, with a lot of P.R. and fanfare, how many 100.000's of Brits have been vaccinated ?

Because we are flooded with daily counts of infected and deaths, but nowhere can I see a tally of the number of people vaccinated since the start of that glorious "massive" jab campaign ?

You would be on top of the list and havealready received vaccination  if you lived here.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

You are lucky too, I have been in tier 3 since lockdown, the crazy thing is that I was allowed to go fishing in Lockdown, but I can't in tier 3. Go figure!

• Surprised 2

Almost 138,000 people across the UK have been vaccinated against Covid-19 since the rollout began last week, the government has announced.

Nadhim Zahawi, the minister overseeing the deployment, said the figures were “a really good start” to the vaccination programme.

The programme began last Tuesday, 8 December, when 70 hospital hubs began immunising over-80s, care home workers and some NHS staff.

32 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I thought it obvious from the get go.

Agreed obvious he was a buffoon, I mistakenly thought he'd get bored of leadership once it got difficult and jack it in.

Unfortunately the choice at the time was him or an anti semitic Trotskyite, so an amiable buffoon seemed like a good idea at the time

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

You are lucky too, I have been in tier 3 since lockdown, the crazy thing is that I was allowed to go fishing in Lockdown, but I can't in tier 3. Go figure!

That's insane.

I've had to hand it to you there Boydeste, I thought I'd heard every insane contradiction of this appalling mess but no, you are the winner🥇

Fishing for God's sake how can that not be O.K?

So now I'm in Tier3 ,  I could get on a crowded Tube, head to a rammed Oxford Street/West End, buy a fishing rod but if I went to a deserted riverbank to use it, I'd be in big trouble🤯

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lemondropkid said:

That's insane.

I've had to hand it to you there Boydeste, I thought I'd heard ever insane contradiction of this appalling mess but no, you are the winner🥇

Fishing for God's sake how can that not be O.K?

So now I'm in Tier3 ,  I could get on a crowded Tube, head to a rammed Oxford Street/West End, buy a fishing rod but if I went to a deserted riverbank to use it, I'd be in big trouble🤯

Exactly, the Angling trust has expressed their discust at the Governments restrictions over this!

• Sad 1

Sobering facts from the USA today...

COVID-19 has become the leading cause of death in the United States (daily mortality rates for heart disease and cancer, which for decades have been the 2 leading causes of death, are approximately 1700 and 1600 deaths per day, respectively4). With COVID-19 mortality rates now exceeding these thresholds, this infectious disease has become deadlier than heart disease and cancer, and its lethality may increase further as transmission increases with holiday travel and gatherings and with the intensified indoor exposure that winter brings.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2774465?guestAccessKey=d0b5e5b7-a997-49c2-9000-c0f1842ce76c&utm_source=For_The_Media&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ftm_links&utm_content=tfl&utm_term=121720

36 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Sobering facts from the USA today...

COVID-19 has become the leading cause of death in the United States (daily mortality rates for heart disease and cancer, which for decades have been the 2 leading causes of death, are approximately 1700 and 1600 deaths per day, respectively4). With COVID-19 mortality rates now exceeding these thresholds, this infectious disease has become deadlier than heart disease and cancer, and its lethality may increase further as transmission increases with holiday travel and gatherings and with the intensified indoor exposure that winter brings.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2774465?guestAccessKey=d0b5e5b7-a997-49c2-9000-c0f1842ce76c&utm_source=For_The_Media&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ftm_links&utm_content=tfl&utm_term=121720

Ok, but I read today that the number of deaths from all causes is about the same this year compared to the average in the last decade.

2 hours ago, Mrmango said:

Ok, but I read today that the number of deaths from all causes is about the same this year compared to the average in the last decade.

Then there's always this...

the comparison is flawed for a few reasons. The 2020 statistics cited are not the final figures, and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention has estimated that hundreds of thousands of excess American deaths are attributed to the virus this year. Lastly, it ignores that COVID-19 has killed over 290,000 Americans to-date, the highest virus death toll in the world. 

This is old because we're well above 300,000 dead. C-19 has only been killing people for 9 months now. So, another 90 days to go.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/dec/11/facebook-posts/chart-comparing-2020-us-death-toll-previous-years-/

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Unfortunately the choice at the time was him or an anti semitic Trotskyite, so an amiable buffoon seemed like a good idea at the time

Yep - the alternative was a drop-kick as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Then there's always this...

the comparison is flawed for a few reasons. The 2020 statistics cited are not the final figures, and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention has estimated that hundreds of thousands of excess American deaths are attributed to the virus this year. Lastly, it ignores that COVID-19 has killed over 290,000 Americans to-date, the highest virus death toll in the world. 

This is old because we're well above 300,000 dead. C-19 has only been killing people for 9 months now. So, another 90 days to go.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/dec/11/facebook-posts/chart-comparing-2020-us-death-toll-previous-years-/

For me .. I don't trust any death or contacted stats surrounding the Chinese virus from the USA ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting article about the PCR test accuracy.

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202012160027

2 possibilities come to mind :

- Different settings on the PCR test, different labs, countries

- And of course the "bought" ones

But this article mentions many things can affect the result...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejakartapost.com/amp/news/2020/10/04/pcr-tests-remain-gold-standard-but-many-factors-affect-results.html

• Haha 1