COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

43 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Sanofi S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline plc announced on Friday that their COVID-19 vaccine program has been delayed due to insufficient immune response in the elderly population, so the jab is expected to be available by the last quarter of the next year.

"The results of the study are not as we hoped... Our aim now is to work closely with our partner Sanofi to develop this vaccine, with an improved antigen formulation, for it to make a meaningful contribution to preventing COVID-19," said President of GSK Vaccines, Roger Connor.

So what?

If it works okay for the non-coffin dodgers then roll it out.

If you are elderly then you have had a good run and are going to peg out in the not too distant future anyway so concentrate on the younger generations who consider themselves immortal and are not going to take any notice of social distancing etc. Get them all jagged up first so they will not pass it onto Grannie if she is still around.

I don't trust any of these so called "Experts."

I tell you we are all going to end up like extras's in the Walking Dead. Two years down the line when all the side effects emerge we will be down the shitter.

Would you want to take a vaccine marked "Made in China?"

Mark my words. 😛

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Yes but there is nothing really negative about those other vaccines, he is just looking for the negative in everything and his post won the day.

Maybe we should have a poll on who is the most negative poster on here?

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am feeling a little nervous this morning

I have decided to come out from behind my sofa and agreed to meet a couple of friends in the outside area of a large pub in Wimbledon this afternoon. It will mean travelling on a bus and a tram. It could be the last opportunity to meet before Xmas /NY. 

It's gonna be cold too, although I think they have now supplied gas heaters. A substantial meal will be had. 

There is or used to be a fantastic toy shop nearby, and hoping it's still open so I can stock up on presents for my wonderful grandson. That in itself will justify the trip

I intend to wear both a face mask and perspex PPE visor, during my journey and hope that both the bus and tram will not be too busy. 

It will be my first time using public transport for months. 

I would take the car but I am too tight to pay for parking😁, plus more importantly, I am hoping to be able to drink at least two pints and a few vodkas.which would not be advisable for driving home. 

I hope God looks favourably on me and that I do not become cursed with the virus. 

After a few months living like Miss Havisham in Great Expectations (minus the wedding dress), it will be a strange feeling to brush off the cobwebs and join the world as we knew it once more and hopefully not the last. Wish me luck

Hope you made it out as I doubt the pubs in London will be open much longer sadly.

How was it out there?

7 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Ever heard of devil's advocate ?

When everybody is dreaming and drinking the coolaid, you need one ....

Yes, and we do have several members who make such contributions .

None of those are a know it all who apparently sits by a pool getting pissed all day because he has nothing better to do other than to be extremely rude to forum members who don't agree with him.

If the cap fits............................

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Yes, and we do have several members who make such contributions .

None of those are a know it all who apparently sits by a pool getting pissed all day because he has nothing better to do other than to be extremely rude to forum members who don't agree with him.

If the cap fits............................

Shouldn't that be beret?

• Haha 6

Just wondering, the vaccines have a very good effectiveness, we're told, of 95%. What does that mean exactly? Does it imply that for every 100 people who are vaccinated, it won't work in 5 of them? And, if so, how do the unlucky 5 tell who they are, an early fitting for a coffin, lol?

On 12/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, Jambo said:

If you are elderly then you have had a good run and are going to peg out in the not too distant future anyway 

I don't trust any of these so called "Experts."

You could demonstrate consistency by stepping forward for the "chop" yourself ?

You are no spring chicken and "have had a good run".

Your comment though is totally obnoxious.

GFY

• Thumbs Up 1

All I can say is Pfizer doesn't exactly have a "clean" record of delivering drugs into the market .. skirting the FDA and other government agencies ...

The largest cluster f**k was with Pfizer and Pharmacia concerning the drug Bextra ( a pain killer -- did a lot more that kill pain ) to criminal violations resulting in crimes and a total payment of 2.5 billion ....

I don't know .. but, I am in wait and see mode

• Like 1

So, London on the verge of going Tier 3.After all they shut down the North and London now has the fastest rising infection rate in the country. 

No choice but to raise it. 

My money is on the furlough (gold plated benefits) scheme being extended again by a government who think the money tree is real, and are destroying this country. 

Anyone who thinks this vaccine will change anything, dream on......... 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1