COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

53 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Complains about lockdowns.

Complains about isolating.

Complains about vaccinations.

All of which could be alleviated with a low cost self administered home test for Covid.

So complains about the attempts to develop a low cost self administered home test for Covid.

Found that post yet???? 

cheers

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Oh no, he's deflecting.

ha ha ha.... that is hilarious coming from the forums cyber stalker of other BMs....ha ha ha.

Now run along into your cellar to spend all your time pounding your keyboard and let the adults be.

cheers 

Gents - A couple of polite reminders.

1. This thread is in the General Section of the Forum, which as far as possible is kept free from political posts.  Could we all please keep politics out of this thread; there are plenty of threads in the politics clubs to cater for political posts.
  2. Forum rules require members to address the contents of other members posts, rather than address members themselves,  A number of recent posts do not appear to be doing this.  

Thanks for your cooperation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, fforest said:

Good idea those ventilator masks are dangerous....

These stupid blue masks are so much better....They offer about zero protection but are perfect for covid theater.....

Some face masks contain dangerous levels of toxic chemicals | Metro News

Not surprised you think that.😄

I went to the hospital the other day to discuss an operation I may be having and while in the surgeons' office, I saw a pack of masks on his desk. I asked him if they were the masks he wore in the operating theatre, he replied they were and gave me one.

Pretty standard PPE for surgeons when performing operations.

IMG_E8512.JPG

Edited by KhunDon

OK, I know that it's still very early days as far as Omicron is concerned, it seems to spread even faster than Delta, but most reports I've seen say that it results in fewer hospitalisations and those are usually much less serious. As for deaths, they're a lagging indicator, but so far so good, or so it seems, it's certainly not causing people to die on the streets yet.

Anyway, the Express in the UK is running an article about Whitty & Vallance wanting to impose yet more restrictions, and one of the supporting news flashes is the following. Is that really the scariest item they could come up with? Am I alone in feeling that maybe they're over-reacting a little bit?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 people in hospital in UK with Omicron

Health secretary Sajid Javid has confirmed that there are 10 people in the UK in hospital with the Omicron variant of coronavirus. 

He said that around 40 percent of cases in London are now of Omicron and that the variant is spreading at a phenomenal rate. 

However, no deaths from the Omicron variant have yet been confirmed. 

The health secretary added that three doses of the coronavirus vaccine provide protection against Omicron. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1535242/covid-live-UK-lockdown-restrictions-chris-whitty-Patrick-valance-omicron-Christmas-latest

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

OK, I know that it's still very early days as far as Omicron is concerned, it seems to spread even faster than Delta, but most reports I've seen say that it results in fewer hospitalisations and those are usually much less serious. As for deaths, they're a lagging indicator, but so far so good, or so it seems, it's certainly not causing people to die on the streets yet.

Anyway, the Express in the UK is running an article about Whitty & Vallance wanting to impose yet more restrictions, and one of the supporting news flashes is the following. Is that really the scariest item they could come up with? Am I alone in feeling that maybe they're over-reacting a little bit?

10 people in hospital in UK with Omicron

Health secretary Sajid Javid has confirmed that there are 10 people in the UK in hospital with the Omicron variant of coronavirus. 

He said that around 40 percent of cases in London are now of Omicron and that the variant is spreading at a phenomenal rate. 

However, no deaths from the Omicron variant have yet been confirmed. 

The health secretary added that three doses of the coronavirus vaccine provide protection against Omicron. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1535242/covid-live-UK-lockdown-restrictions-chris-whitty-Patrick-valance-omicron-Christmas-latest

First death in the UK from Omicron. 
No doubt more will follow soon. 😟

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59639007.amp

39 minutes ago, fforest said:

And what if its all completely made up? People were getting board with Delta...They need a fresh boogeyman..

If it is made up, then I am sure that the deceased will rise from the dead, something not done for over 2021 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, fforest said:

And what if its all completely made up? People were getting board with Delta...They need a fresh boogeyman..

“What if, what if, what if!!!! 
The song of the lesser spotted idiot. 

What if you come down off that branch and stop trying to lay an egg.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Letters to the editor - New York Times

To the Editor:

Re “I’m an E.R. Doctor in Michigan, Where Unvaccinated People Are Filling Hospital Beds” (Opinion guest essay, nytimes.com, Dec. 8): https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/08/opinion/covid-michigan-surge.html?searchResultPosition=1

Dr. Rob Davidson’s experiences at a small Michigan hospital mirror my own working as a staff pharmacist at a small regional medical center in Minnesota.

Vaccination rates in our county are barely 40 percent. For more than a month we have seen our patient census at two to three times normal, with anywhere from a third to two-thirds of patients ill with Covid-19. The vast majority of them are unvaccinated.

Our emergency room is constantly full with all manner of patients, though those with Covid-19 or suspected Covid-19 make up the majority. The sickest become boarders in our E.R., too ill to go home but with no beds in our medical center or anywhere else in the state to send them to. Wait times in our E.R. have mushroomed from minutes to many hours.

Staff in every department (doctors, nurses, housekeeping, pharmacy, lab …) is under tremendous strain. Determination to give quality care coexists with fear of missing something important while caring for so many patients. The stress has become more evident daily in fatigue, momentary flares of temper and tears. We are drowning in patients.

Ken Vaselaar
Cambridge, Minn.

. . .

To the Editor:

Dr. Rob Davidson writes: “With every shift, I see the strain people sick with Covid-19 put on my hospital. Their choice to not get vaccinated is not personal. It forces patients with ruptured appendixes and broken bones to wait for hours in my emergency department; it postpones surgeries for countless other people and burns out doctors and nurses.”

Hospitals need to establish triage guidelines that place higher priority on patients who are vaccinated and require treatment above Covid patients who come to the hospital and are unvaccinated. It is absolutely unacceptable that the irresponsible actions of unvaccinated people should harm the health of others. There must be consequences for their carelessness and disregard for others.

Rob Fenstermacher
White Plains, N.Y.

. . .

To the Editor:

Isn’t it ironic that the same anti-vaxxers who end up in hospitals willingly accept all of the medical interventions offered to them? They don’t want a vaccine to avoid getting sick but will accept intubation, drugs, oxygen and whatever else is offered to try to save their lives.

The excuses given for not taking the vaccine such as “it’s not a proven science” or “I don’t trust the drug companies” or “there isn’t enough evidence” sound hollow against the willingness to try novel approaches to saving their lives with new drugs and therapies.

Hold up a mirror to their hypocrisy.

Sally Baydala
Calgary, Alberta

. . .

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/12/opinion/letters/unvaccinated-hospitals-covid.html

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 1