COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

correlation /causation re restraurants,,,its a distraction

Yeah sure...that's why all the restaurant dining rooms have been closed for months.

Edited by lazarus

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

Memorial Day is a long 3/4 day weekend that is traditionally celebrated by American families as the beginning of summer.
Several hundred million people coming together in close groups.

Yes, the protests were ripe for infections. How many people -- individuals -- participated, though? 

several hundred thousand in shouty violence...night after night after night

was memmorial day a factor -'''probably

were the BLM  riots and looting a factor ...definitel

what it doesnt have anything to do with is restriction relaxation which began at the beginning of May...before the spike mid-june,the timescales are wrong

1 minute ago, Ivan the terrible said:

several hundred thousand in shouty violence...night after night after night

was memmorial day a factor -'''probably

were the BLM  riots and looting a factor ...definitel

what it doesnt have anything to do with is restriction relaxation which began at the beginning of May...before the spike mid-june,the timescales are wrong

I think you've made your point.

• Like 1

Coronavirus packs San Bernardino hospitals; Imperial County told to reinstate stay-at-home order

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-26/california-coronavirus-cases-surpass-200-000-as-hospitalizations-mount

...California health officials said the spike in San Bernardino cases and hospitalizations has been caused by workplace transmission as well as transmissions at state prisons, hospitals, county jails and skilled nursing facilities and by the transfer of hospitalized patients from Imperial County...

...Ferrer said earlier this week that it was “highly likely” that the rise in new cases is related to people gathering during protests, in addition to clusters of visitors at restaurants and parties as well as newly reopened workplaces where employees are in close contact with one another...

Edited by lazarus

3 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Coronavirus packs San Bernardino hospitals; Imperial County told to reinstate stay-at-home order

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-26/california-coronavirus-cases-surpass-200-000-as-hospitalizations-mount

"California health officials said the spike in San Bernardino cases and hospitalizations has been caused by workplace transmission as well as transmissions at state prisons, hospitals, county jails and skilled nursing facilities and by the transfer of hospitalized patients from Imperial County."

hope dr Seheult remains safe ...he is a superstar

Live updates: Texas governor says he let bars reopen too early amid surge in coronavirus cases

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/27/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Facing a surge of new coronavirus cases, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott expressed regret for allowing bars to reopen so early, saying Friday that he did not realize how fast the virus would spread.

“If I could go back and redo anything, it probably would have been to slow down the opening of bars, now seeing the aftermath of how quickly the coronavirus spreads in the bar setting,” Abbott said in an evening interview with KVIA in El Paso...

8 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

My recent take on C19

I live in the UK.  Just lately, what I have witnessed in my country is appalling.  As we have entered a new phase of lockdown easing,  things are starting to feel more normal again which is fine, and some businesses resuming trade and many people going back to work with proceedures in place for their protection and the protection of others.

However there is a growing spread of people behaving as if it is all over. Thousands heading for the coast and flooding beaches, ignoring the rules. Do they imagine than when they think, ooh wouldn't it be nice to take the family to the seaside on a lovely hot day, that maybe thousands of others have the same idea. By the time that they have driven half way to the coast, they realise that they were not the only ones as traffic builds up. Then despite that they cram into the beach trying to find a space.

Then there is the younger element of society deciding that they are going to attend illegal street parties, and justify doing so on the back of political issues.

Unless anyone has been stuck in a nuclear bunker, we all know what the Virus is, how it spreads and what we are advised to do and not to do. There is no excuse for plain ignorance

Easy to blame the government or everyone else, claim our freedoms are being eroaded, but the simple truth is that COMMON SENSE, seems to still be lacking in many.

We are only half way through this Pandemic and for those to think it's over and not use social distancing and masks etc, they may be the first to complain if cases start to rise and the government orders reverse lockdown measures.  Who suffers then ? Yes all of us because a few are selfish and stupid

Makes me laugh some times when people go on about freedoms and how it is our right to do as we like and how C19 is some worldwide plan to take control.

The fact is that the human race is at war with an invisible enemy that does not desrimate between who it attacks. Therefore it would make common sense, for everyone to act together in fighting it. But of course, that is not happening everywhere.

It is PEOPLE who will determine what happens next and if the people are stupid and act irresponsibly against the interests of others then it will take much longer to see the end of this Pandemic.

Until there is an effective vaccine which is widely available and more successful treatment for worse cases, then we must all rely on basic common sense, avoid congested areas, not go to the seaside, not too on demos, not attend large street parties etc.

F*ck me is that too much to ask? 

It appears that it is. 

Just as I don't want to drive on the same road as a drunk driver,  I don't want to be close to someone who may have a virus that could kill me or others

The last few months has been tough for everyone and many never made it. But there is long way to go before we are out of the woods. Not just here but the rest of the world. 

The unpoliced and unenforced laws in relation to the BLM  protests gave the green light for everyone to enjoy in the land at the top of the faraway tree to take and do what they want.A gross deriliction of public safety aided by pollys and the woke Met...shame on them...they have serious blood on their hands 

The protests were bad enough but the MESSAGE has been catastrophic 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

The unpoliced and unenforced laws in relation to the BLM  protests gave the green light for everyone to enjoy in the land at the top of the faraway tree to take and do what they want.A gross deriliction of public safety aided by pollys and the woke Met...shame on them...they have serious blood on their hands 

The protests were bad enough but the MESSAGE has been catastrophic 

Not just here but in the US and elsewhere, the police have been unable to effectively disband protests and large gatherings without also coming under attack. I have nothing against protests or demonstrations, but these people could not have picked the WORST time to stage them, during lockdown when it is ILLEGAL to have large gatherings of people, whether it be a football match or a protest.  If government's had brought in troops and water canon's etc then they are accused of being heavy handed, if they don't then they are considered to be weak.

It is the PEOPLE who allow it to happen. Parents who allow their sons and daughters to attend illegal street parties. No ONE element is solely to blame except human stupidity

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Not just here but in the US and elsewhere, the police have been unable to effectively disband protests and large gatherings without also coming under attack. I have nothing against protests or demonstrations, but these people could not have picked the WORST time to stage them, during lockdown when it is ILLEGAL to have large gatherings of people, whether it be a football match or a protest.  If government's had brought in troops and water canon's etc then they are accused of being heavy handed, if they don't then they are considered to be weak.

It is the PEOPLE who allow it to happen. Parents who allow their sons and daughters to attend illegal street parties. No ONE element is solely to blame except human stupidity

The PEOPLE were cowed,beaten down by the BBC/CNN/ABC/CBC/msnbc etc et al  ,,,they had no right to object ,to do so would be racist and thus liable to arrest...this is the woke Orwellian  nightmare into which we have been plunged...the PEOPLE have no voice ...except every 5 years ..in the the interim they are abused and decried as Racists ,silenced ,deplatformed ,subjugated ...its a sorry state of affairs brought about by neglect and trashing of our community values

Blame the PEOPLE ! ..give me a fucking break ...just go to a pub anywhere in the world ...its not the PEOPLES fault....its how our institutions have been hijacked by NOT  at all well meaning long march activists...they infest every layer ...it will be a gargantuan task to dislodge them but do that we must ...for sanitys sake 

I think this is the opening Salvo,brought to surface from  a simmering discontent ,  in people versus the woke press and establishment whilst identity politics continues to inflame and incite...but they too will be consumed by the hatred abroad .Unfortunately I think this  portends a 15 year likely bloody civil war in the west  to allow a reset ...how bloody ?who knows ...Im off to .."let me think it out again "...... for our anti semitic bros 

Edited by Ivan the terrible

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

He's a bitter remainiac and general lefty nutter.

Tried to claim Dominic Cummings was the reason tens of thousands of Brits flocked to the beach, it wasn't the great weather... 

😂🤡

Screenshot_20200627_153721.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

The PEOPLE were cowed,beaten down by the BBC et al  ,,,they had no right to object ,to do so would be racist and thus liable to arrest...this is the woke Orwellian  nightmare into which we have been plunged...the PEOPLE have no voice ...except every 5 years ..in the the interim they are abused and decried as Racists ,silenced ,deplatformed ,subjugated ...its a sorry state of affairs brought about by neglect and trashing of our community values

Blame the PEOPLE ! ..give me a fucking break ...just go to a pub anywhere in the world ...its not the PEOPLES fault....its how are institutions have been hijacked by NOT  at all well meaning long march activists...they infest every layer ...it will be a gargantuan task to dislodge them but do that we must ...for sanitys sake 

But, the People can chose when they decide to react. 

I am not against protests in any way during normal times or people expressing their concerns about their government's.

But these are not normal times and we have a much greater threat that effects EVERYONE in one way or another.

I often wonder, if there was a large asteroid heading for a direct collision with Earth, what some might do. There would probably be mass disorder and looting, even though those responsible would be dead along with most of us at the point of impact. 

We maybe top of the food chain but history shows that we are less than perfect

We live in a massive "blame culture" world these days, where it's everyone else's fault, the left, the right, blacks, whites as if somehow we are anonymous or we think we know better than anyone else.

There is no one to blame for the Virus, although the Chinese are the suspects

But WE are all to blame if we do not do our part in fighting the common enemy that has attacked societies all over the world.

We, collectively, CAN do something about that, regardless of political persuasion, cread or colour etc. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

We live in a massive "blame culture" world these days, where it's everyone else's fault, the left, the right, blacks, whites as if somehow we are anonymous or we think we know better than anyone else.

There is no one to blame for the Virus, although the Chinese are the suspects

But WE are all to blame if we do not do our part in fighting the common enemy that has attacked societies all over the world.

We, collectively, CAN do something about that, regardless of political persuasion, cread or colour etc. 

Actually the Chinese are to blame for Covid. All the evidence proves the virus originates from there, they knew about it from November last year as did the WHO, and they covered it up.

The CCP and their Asian allies in Thailand, Cambodia etc have gone into overdrive trying to attribute blame to the US, but all the evidence is there.

China lied, people died. Don't take my word for it, listen to what the Taiwanese govt has been saying from January of this year. 

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Actually the Chinese are to blame for Covid. All the evidence proves the virus originates from there, they knew about it from November last year as did the WHO, and they covered it up.

The CCP and their Asian allies in Thailand, Cambodia etc have gone into overdrive trying to attribute blame to the US, but all the evidence is there.

China lied, people died. Don't take my word for it, listen to what the Taiwanese govt has been saying from January of this year. 

So how does that help?

It doesn't.

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

But, the People can chose when they decide to react. 

I am not against protests in any way during normal times or people expressing their concerns about their government's.

But these are not normal times and we have a much greater threat that effects EVERYONE in one way or another.

I often wonder, if there was a large asteroid heading for a direct collision with Earth, what some might do. There would probably be mass disorder and looting, even though those responsible would be dead along with most of us at the point of impact. 

you miss the point...again..the PEOPLE  can only react at election time ...in the midst untold harm has taken place...they are NOT  allowed to react at any other time ...brow beaten,a post loses your job,your opinions marginalised,your family trashed ...yes thats what happens for holding an alternate opinion to the BBC/local government construct.."Orange man bad?".no? ...you are out of a job

The long march has reached fruition...power...lets see what they do with it

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

So how does that help?

It doesn't.

Because we need to learn from our mistakes. We now know that the Chinese can never ever be trusted. We know that we are too dependent on China for our supply chains and this needs to change.

We know that the WHO is a corrupt, incompotent organisation that can't be trusted to manage global health emergencies and thus we need a better national preparation for a global crisis. 

We know that Taiwan is really our ally in that region, and that other nations are two faced snakes that will take our aid but are working with the Chinese behind our backs. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ivan the terrible said:

you miss the point...again..the PEOPLE  can only react at election time ...in the midst untold harm has taken place...they are NOT  allowed to react at any other time ...brow beaten,a post loses your job,your opinions marginalised,your family trashed ...yes thats what happens for holding an alternate opinion to the BBC/local government construct.."Orange man bad?".no? ...you are out of a job

The long march has reached fruition...power...lets see what they do with it

I don't think I have missed the point at all.

People can react and often do by means of protest between elections.

What I was saying,, is that NOW is not the best time for public gatherings. That hopefully does not mean forever. 

9 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Because we need to learn from our mistakes. We now know that the Chinese can never ever be trusted. We know that we are too dependent on China for our supply chains and this needs to change.

We know that the WHO is a corrupt, incompotent organisation that can't be trusted to manage global health emergencies and thus we need a better national preparation for a global crisis. 

We know that Taiwan is really our ally in that region, and that other nations are two faced snakes that will take our aid but are working with the Chinese behind our backs. 

In future perhaps. But blaming the Chinese will not have an effect on ridding the present Pandemic. Only people and govts can have an effect over that and of course scientific research and development. 

We can deal with China later. If it is the case. 

When you say "we" know that WHO is currupt, you mean that you think it is. 

So are they now to blame?

What is most important right now is that we ALL do our bit to fight the Virus, and protect ourselves and others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

"Not just here but in the US and elsewhere, the police have been unable to effectively disband protests and large gatherings without also coming under attack. I have nothing against protests or demonstrations"...gms oh lordy  lordy

That is why we should have effective law enforcement...it the demos threaten that then Im absolutely against them...has anyone noticed there is a violent war going on out there in the US...hello...hello

Its this pathetic pandering to extremist groups  exhibited by NC that is the perpetuation of this insanity..troops..armed police. shoot if needed ..shut it down...now

34 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

He's a bitter remainiac and general lefty nutter.

Tried to claim Dominic Cummings was the reason tens of thousands of Brits flocked to the beach, it wasn't the great weather... 

😂🤡

Screenshot_20200627_153721.jpg

He's also pointing out the obvious, since Cummings it seem lockdown has gone to shit .... a large amount of the population no longer seem to give a fcuk  ... protestors ( BLM , EDL ) , beach goers ,  Illegal party holders ,  etc etc 

but let's blame it on the weather 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

He's also pointing out the obvious, since Cummings it seem lockdown has gone to shit .... a large amount of the population no longer seem to give a fcuk  ... protestors ( BLM , EDL ) , beach goers ,  Illegal party holders ,  etc etc 

but let's blame it on the weather 

total bollocks

not for the first time on your part a partisan and incorrect analysis

why are you so creepy...insinuation here and there ,never stating your own case,undermining,nil positive on any sphere ...you are you a modern day Gollum..frightened by your own shadow...sniping posts from the sidelines with an inability to articulate an argument

pathetic Dom 

• Like 1