COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

I was fucking livid earlier when i seen no gyms opening, but then  i seen the tweet by the minister saying mid July. 

Won't be the same obviously, especially no circuits, but HIIT and own station workouts. 

Pissed off running, body  weight exercises and doing hand weights in my own 'circuits'.  Like the motivation when at the gym and training with people. 

War on obesity, aye, open the restaurants and bars, keep the gyms closed ffs. But i know economy first. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Krapow said:

I was fucking livid earlier when i seen no gyms opening, but then  i seen the tweet by the minister saying mid July. 

Won't be the same obviously, especially no circuits, but HIIT and own station workouts. 

Pissed off running, body  weight exercises and doing hand weights in my own 'circuits'.  Like the motivation when at the gym and training with people. 

War on obesity, aye, open the restaurants and bars, keep the gyms closed ffs. But i know economy first. 

Agreed 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Krapow said:

& Not forgetting the eye candy....

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Between the gyms and soft play areas, it always feels like an attack on you🤯

So I can go the pub, give spurious contact details (as they will be taking them) and meet up with people from more than 2 households. Alternatively going into the gym your entry and exit are logged, they  have contact details for every single person in there and far more likely to be able to control the behaviours of the customers.

23 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

From the Financial Times.JPG:

FT.JPG

And a good article:

Are-we-heading-into-another-Depression_-_-Free-to-read-_-Financial-Times-1.gif

(READ MORE)

I say there will be no depression #2 like in the 30s.........Sure individuals may lose it all but governments are protected..

Every one knows governments need taxes.....Governments would cease to exist in short order without taxes....Not only do they need taxes but they love them......

Yet governments in all countries seem perfectly fine with wrecking their tax base and seem to be in not much of a hurry at all to get businesses open again.........

I have a theory that governments are being fed VAST VAST sums of money to keep them afloat and not caring about all the lost tax money........Because if governments only depended on Tax money they would want all businesses open pronto.....Yet they dont seem to care much about taxes at all.....

3 hours ago, fforest said:

I have a theory that governments are being fed VAST VAST sums of money to keep them afloat and not caring about all the lost tax money........Because if governments only depended on Tax money they would want all businesses open pronto.....Yet they dont seem to care much about taxes at all.....

And who's doing the feeding?

More...

Health officials report coronavirus outbreak at Dells strip club

"...Roberts said that the club (Crusin' Chubbies) shut down for three days after the positive tests to sanitize and work with the health department on safety measures, which included getting better airflow in the building. He added that the club had already reduced seating, and tries to distance patrons from each other and entertainers —  though that can be hard. 

"I get a lot of 'This is America, I can do what I want,' when I ask people to follow the guidelines," he said. Patrons at the club are not required to wear masks...

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/06/23/coronavirus-outbreak-reported-cruisin-chubbys-wisconsin-dells/3241876001/

9 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

From the Financial Times.JPG:

FT.JPG

And a good article:

Are-we-heading-into-another-Depression_-_-Free-to-read-_-Financial-Times-1.gif

(READ MORE)

9 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

rhe UK  never closed its borders until about 2 weeks ago with quarantine....disasterous decision 

Ivan is correct, we allowed every tom, dick and harry to arrive over the corona virus 12 week period, with absolutely zero health checks or screening at international airports. But also think the figures for the UK are high because I believe the UK was one of the only few countries that as accurately reported all deaths, infections and recoveries.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 friends get virus after night out. Hear their warning.

A group of 16 friends went out to a crowded Florida bar to celebrate a birthday have all tested positive for coronavirus. They're telling CNN's Chris Cuomo that it was too soon to be around large crowds, and going out without a mask was a mistake.

9 hours ago, fforest said:

I say there will be no depression #2 like in the 30s.........Sure individuals may lose it all but governments are protected..

Every one knows governments need taxes.....Governments would cease to exist in short order without taxes....Not only do they need taxes but they love them......

Yet governments in all countries seem perfectly fine with wrecking their tax base and seem to be in not much of a hurry at all to get businesses open again.........

'I have a theory' 

Really? There's a surprise :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, fforest said:

Quite true ..its QE to infinity atm...borrow cheap and buy assets 

• Like 1