COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

In future perhaps. But blaming the Chinese will not have an effect on ridding the present Pandemic. Only people and govts can have an effect over that and of course scientific research and development. 

We can deal with China later. If it is the case. 

When you say "we" know that WHO is currupt, you mean that you think it is. 

So are they now to blame?

Yes the WHO are very much to blame. They knew about the outbreak in December last year and done nothing about it. If they had acted sooner, along with China they could have confined the outbreak to China. They covered it up, its obvious. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/2a70a02a-644a-11ea-a6cd-df28cc3c6a68

It's no surprise really as the UK's national debt is now bigger than the size of the economy for the first time in decades. 

Then we have the Corona farce, social unrest and what's looking like a no deal Brexit. 

It will be somewhere between 30-35 before the year is out. 

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

He's also pointing out the obvious, since Cummings it seem lockdown has gone to shit .... a large amount of the population no longer seem to give a fcuk  ... protestors ( BLM , EDL ) , beach goers ,  Illegal party holders ,  etc etc 

but let's blame it on the weather 

Are you seriously saying that thousands of people went to the beach because Dominic Cummings took an unauthorised car journey. I'd bet 60% of people on that beach have never even heard of Dominic Cummings. 

😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Are you seriously saying that thousands of people went to the beach because Dominic Cummings took an unauthorised car journey. I'd bet 60% of people on that beach have never even heard of Dominic Cummings. 

😂😂😂

I'm saying since Cumgate .. the attitude of people has changed 

17 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yes the WHO are very much to blame. They knew about the outbreak in December last year and done nothing about it. If they had acted sooner, along with China they could have confined the outbreak to China. They covered it up, its obvious. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/2a70a02a-644a-11ea-a6cd-df28cc3c6a68

It's no surprise really as the UK's national debt is now bigger than the size of the economy for the first time in decades. 

Then we have the Corona farce, social unrest and what's looking like a no deal Brexit. 

It will be somewhere between 30-35 before the year is out. 

But so what ? Whether they play a part in the blame of not.

Blame it on men from Mars, but we have a live situation of a Pandemic spread right across the globe which has effected global economies as well as millions of deaths. 

If we, as citizens, do the right thing, and exercise common sense and respect for our fellow human beings then we have the best chance of beating C19. 

Blaming anyone or anything, changes nothing. We are, where we are

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I'm saying since Cumgate .. the attitude of people has changed 

I think the biggest reason people's attitude has changed is that they now realise that for most people - bar the elderly and those with underlying illnesses - the virus is a very mild illness and not something to worry about. 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

But so what ? Whether they play a part in the blame of not.

Blame it on men from Mars, but we have a live situation of a Pandemic spread right across the globe which has effected global economies as well as millions of deaths. 

If we, as citizens, do the right thing, and exercise common sense and respect for our fellow human beings then we have the best chance of beating C19. 

Blaming anyone or anything, changes nothing. We are, where we are

I disagree, for the reasons I've said it's very important to apportion blame, China should be made to pay financially for the Covid19 impact. 

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

I think the biggest reason people's attitude has changed is that they now realise that for most people - bar the elderly and those with underlying illnesses - the virus is a very mild illness and not something to worry about. 

We've known that since the beginning though ... the idea was to slow the spread , flatten the curve and most importantly protect the NHS , so lives weren't lost unnecessarily, because the hospitals were overwhelmed....  but with the mixed and unclear messages that seems to have gone out the window 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

I disagree, for the reasons I've said it's very important to apportion blame, China should be made to pay financially for the Covid19 impact. 

Maybe they will maybe they won't. But it makes little difference at the moment and it will be a long drawn out wrangle through international courts. 

Right now, we should all be focussed on the reality of the virus.

C19 is apolitical.  As long as world leaders continue to encourage their citizens to act sensibly to reduce spread and science can find a vaccine/treatments whilst keeping their economies moving then we are heading in the right direction as humans. 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

We've known that since the beginning though ... the idea was to slow the spread , flatten the curve and most importantly protect the NHS , so lives weren't lost unnecessarily, because the hospitals were overwhelmed....  but with the mixed and unclear messages that seems to have gone out the window 

Agreed. 

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Maybe they will maybe they won't. But it makes little difference at the moment and it will be a long drawn out wrangle through international courts. 

Right now, we should all be focussed on the reality of the virus.

C19 is apolitical.  As long as world leaders continue to encourage their citizens to act sensibly to reduce spread and science can find a vaccine/treatments whilst keeping their economies moving then we are heading in the right direction as humans. 

The virus is all but done here. 

We have had far left protests, BLM, packed beaches and still no spike. 

The only thing we need to worry about now is getting all healthcare services up and running and getting the economy back open. 

National debt is now bigger than the size of the economy, time to put an end to furlough and get everyone back to work. 

All leaders in the world have a duty to protect their citizens 

All citizens should have a duty to protect themselves and their fellow citizens. 

But not all do

That is when the problems set in as we have already witnessed during this Pandemic. 

There are still those who think C19 is or was a hoax as there are leaders who also dismissed C19 as.a hoax.

So if you believe that it is, then you are unlikely to behave responsiby if you don't think that it exists. And if you don't think it exists then perhaps you need psychiatric care. 

10 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Agreed. 

The only thing we need to worry about now is getting all healthcare services up and running and getting the economy back open. 

National debt is now bigger than the size of the economy, time to put an end to furlough and get everyone back to work. 

How do you possibly know that? You don't. 

We are all hoping that it is the case. But the more people who ignore guidelines, then the more likely there is of a second spike. 

I don't mean to be rude, but you really are not qualified to make any predictions and neither am I. 

Maybe you are more optimistic in the short term than I am,maybe you are right, but I think that there are huge dangers in the public telling themselves that it's all but done. 

Truth is, we don't know, we can only hope and continue to use common sense to protect ourselves and those around us

None of us can claim to be Nostradamus

I hope and I pray that C19 will soon be behind us, but only time will tell and I am not mentally setting up any false sense of security

19 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Agreed. 

Deaths are starting to rise again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

All leaders in the world have a duty to protect their citizens 

All citizens should have a duty to protect themselves and their fellow citizens. 

But not all do

That is when the problems set in as we have already witnessed during this Pandemic. 

There are still those who think C19 is or was a hoax as there are leaders who also dismissed C19 as.a hoax.

So if you believe that it is, then you are unlikely to behave responsiby if you don't think that it exists. And if you don't think it exists then perhaps you need psychiatric care. 

what does protect mean,,,the right to be unemployed or the right to have your business closed down?

wHA

19 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

We are all hoping that it is the case. But the more people who ignore guidelines, then the more likely there is of a second spike. 

I don't mean to be rude, but you really are not qualified to make any predictions and neither am I. 

Maybe you are more optimistic in the short term than I am,maybe you are right, but I think that there are huge dangers in the public telling themselves that it's all but done. 

Truth is, we don't know, we can only hope and continue to use common sense to protect ourselves and those around us

I hope and I pray that C19 will soon be behind us, but only time will tell and I am not mentally setting up any false sense of security

May I ask what job you do ?...in very  general terms,,,are you a government employee?

27 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Screenshot_20200627_173803.jpg

As the graph above shows, the number of cases in the UK has declined significantly. That's despite a huge increase in the number of tests.

The virus is well under control here in the UK. There will be daily fluctuations in the number of deaths and new cases, but the trend is obvious.

The problem now is the crippling national debt and Unions trying to hold the country to ransom. It's perfectly safe to return to work with the right hygiene measures in place. 

39 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

what does protect mean,,,the right to be unemployed or the right to have your business closed down?

wHA

May I ask what job you do ?...in very  general terms,,,are you a government employee?

It means to protect the health of its citizens and in this instance also see we all of us weto protect the welfare of its citizens. We have seen in the West where governments have issued grants, loans and furloughed many staff during the Pandemic. 

You may ask

I am semi retired and now work on a consultancy basis for several Market Research companies based in London and the South East of England.

I am not employed by the Government 

Sorry to disappoint you. 

I have lost a lot of work during the Pandemic and have not received a penny in government aid although I could through last year's tax returns as self employed. . That is about as much personal info as you will get 

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Sacre bleu, Spicey's back in the land of the living! :default_biggrin:

Must of got turned over on PL, and has now come back here to feel in charge again.

Good to see you back Spicy. Missed some of your posts on here.

It is worth remembering that the NHS is currently in a much better position to cope with a new spike of infections than it has been at any time since the outbreak.

That can be attributed to the action taken by the Govt, which although was not without its issues, they did do the right thing eventually, moreover it brought the NHS the one commodity it needed the most, which was time. You can have all the safety gear in the world, plenty of wards and nurses ready, trained and equipped, but if the numbers become overwhelming then it's game over.

it is a fairly delicate balance to strike however. I can tell you that the recent protests, rallies and disdain for the Social distancing rule on Britain's beaches , in the parks and public places is giving a lot of data which is being analysed and trends are now being watched very closely. It might transpire that the lockdown was perhaps, in the view of some, "over zealous", due to infection rates in the local areas like London (where the protests and rallies were held) not accelerating as much as predicted, and will then give an insight into where we are with the virus at the moment. Alternatively all hell might break loose over the coming weeks. As the incubation is anywhere from 6 - 15 days, we might just start to see an increase, or possibly not.

One train of thought is that the "herd immunity" aspect of pandemic control is kicking in.

I agree with Nightcrawler, it is better to err on the side of caution and safety. We are not out of the woods yet by any means, and an easing of lockdown is done because the virus R rate is deemed as being under control, whereas the virus itself still remains deadly. There are so many variables at play, so many factors to consider that just because we have not yet seen a massive spike in infections after a few protests, that doesn't give enough data or factual evidence to make an assumption that we are over C-19. Remember, it was a football match which started the spread in Italy, it could just as easily happen again, that much we are certain of.

• Like 1

Enjoy your sausage & mash...

Why meat processing plants have become Covid-19 hotbeds
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/27/health/meat-processing-plants-coronavirus-intl/index.html

Llangefni, Wales -- In the picturesque market town of Llangefni on the Welsh island of Anglesey, almost all the shops are closed and the town is empty amid the ongoing lockdown.

The local Aldi and Lidl stores are being avoided by locals due to their proximity to the 2 Sisters poultry processing plant that was forced to close down after an outbreak of coronavirus. Two hundred workers have since tested positive for Covid-19.

The concern felt by those who know workers at the plant is common. Some told CNN that nobody stayed home when they felt sick in the early days of the outbreak, as they would only receive statutory sick pay worth around 20% of their salary. 2 Sisters denied that their sick pay policy had anything to do with the outbreak.

This outbreak took place in just one of many factories that have seen serious outbreaks of Covid-19 across the world in recent months. In Cleckheaton, northern England, 165 workers tested positive for Covid-19 at the Kober meat factory...

...A number of scientists have suggested that the cold, humid environment inside the plants could help the virus spread. "These animal cadavers have to be sprayed with water all the time, so you have aerosols, and it's cold ... it is something that definitely deserves very thorough investigation," Kamradt said.

Without fresh air and direct sunlight, the novel coronavirus can linger for hours, or even days, scientists have said. Studies have shown the virus can survive for up to three days on plastic and stainless steel surfaces, materials that are common in food processing plants. In aerosol form, it can remain viable and infectious for hours...

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Agreed. 

A few weeks ago before the protests , riots and indeed before I started graftin again I was of a different mindset , now I agree with you 100% 

I'v been back working near on 6 weeks my head feels 10x better the TV is off .

There is a future I find the only people now who are still worried mostly are pensioners and people who aren't grafting sat at home watching every bit of shit we are flung at us and where the story changes everyday.

Where is the spike after all the shit in London , Manchester etc etc ???

Winter maybe?

Who knows... life goes on.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, roomark said:

A few weeks ago before the protests , riots and indeed before I started graftin again I was of a different mindset , now I agree with you 100% 

I'v been back working near on 6 weeks my head feels 10x better the TV is off .

There is a future I find the only people now who are still worried mostly are pensioners and people who aren't grafting sat at home watching every bit of shit we are flung at us and where the story changes everyday.

Where is the spike after all the shit in London , Manchester etc etc ???

Winter maybe?

Who knows... life goes on.

The media has a lot to blame for terrifying the public over a mild illness. Even tonight I seen an RTE reporter tweet 'jump in the number of new cases in ireland'. What was the jump? It went from 6 new cases the previous day to 23 new cases! Hardly a jump. 

The UK is conducting around 150-200k coronavirus tests per day. There was 890 confirmed cases today, that's in a population of 65 million people. It's absolutely under control now, most new cases are healthcare workers and care home patients. 

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Thumbs Up 1