COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Maybe one of the reasons some are holding off getting the vaccines is that they have seen the reaction effect it has had on some who have.

cheers

You mean like not getting Covid, or having mild symptoms, not being hospitalised? 

What are these reaction effects that they have seen? 

5ef228bcd7fe5.image-1.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

You mean like not getting Covid, or having mild symptoms, not being hospitalised? 

What are these reaction effects that they have seen? 

It appears that people who have been vaccinated can still get the virus and also can pass away from the virus even though vaccinated. There have been cases that people have passed away from a reaction to the vaccines...and also where they have been hospitalised from a reaction to the vaccine.... or do you deny that has not happened at all???

cheers

Edited by roobob

1 hour ago, roobob said:

You summed it up in in bold.

The figures are similar yet the UK has more resources and by some the better health care. 

cheers

No, you clearly have no idea.

The figures are not similar, deaths in Thailand are about a 3rd more or double that in the UK, with the UK posting about 4 or 5 times more infections.

Not sure I can dumb it down any more for you. You are either thick as mince, or at it and trolling, as has been mentioned by others before. 

And I couldn't give 2 fucks if you go crying to the Mods, oh Krapow called me a bad name!

Let's see in a while how many deaths Thailand will be posting if they get to anywhere  near the infection numbers the UK are currently showing, which sadly is a possibility if Thailand hadn't started to lockdown hard. 

I'm done here, you're either an idiot, a trolling, or both.

Cheers!

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, roobob said:

It appears that people who have been vaccinated can still get the virus and also can pass away from the virus even though vaccinated. There have been cases that people have passed away from a reaction to the vaccines...and also where they have been hospitalised from the reaction.

cheers

Of course they can, but far less chances of catching it and less chance of hospital admission or death. Less strain on the health system. 

Statistically there is a greater chance of dying just by leaving one's home, crossing the road or getting food poisoning etc etc etc. 

What is worse, being hospitalised with a reaction or being hospitalised with Covid? 

Their argument makes no sense at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Maybe one of the reasons some are holding off getting the vaccines is that they have seen the reaction effect it has had on some who have.

Mainly the ones who have turned into zealot vaccine police demanding that vaccines should be compulsory for all. Could the vaccine unbalanced their brain to think that they are now superior to all others. Next you will probably see that those who do not get it  should e tattooed.

Maybe the vaccine zealots could offer an incentive to others to get the vaccine...offer up a soapbox for them to stand on and spruik after they do...555

cheers

It seems as if most of that spunk has dropped into your mouth and is slowly dribbling out.

18 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

It seems as if most of that spunk has dropped into your mouth and is slowly dribbling out.

Are you not the bloke who posted on here that you ran away from a Chang Mai hospital back out into the general public and could have put many other people at risk so to avoid taking a covid test when you were feeling ill??? 

Your opinions mean nothing to me...my only regret is that the Authorities never caught up with you.

cheers

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

No, you clearly have no idea.

The figures are not similar, deaths in Thailand are about a 3rd more or double that in the UK, with the UK posting about 4 or 5 times more infections.

Not sure I can dumb it down any more for you. You are either thick as mince, or at it and trolling, as has been mentioned by others before. 

And I couldn't give 2 fucks if you go crying to the Mods, oh Krapow called me a bad name!

Let's see in a while how many deaths Thailand will be posting if they get to anywhere  near the infection numbers the UK are currently showing, which sadly is a possibility if Thailand hadn't started to lockdown hard. 

I'm done here, you're either an idiot, a trolling, or both.

Cheers!

Why would I go crying to the Mods...why even bring that into it...or you trying to garner a sympathy vote from them.?

Why do you always go the petty shots if others have a different view??

My comment was in relation to the post you last put up but as you brought up about someone having no idea it is you so lets look at the overall picture between the two countries because it is clear that it is you who has no idea.. From worlddometer as of the 23 Jul 21...

To date....Thailand has had the following...

467,707 cases....... 3,811 deaths.

To date...the UK has had the following....

5,602,321 cases.... 128,980 deaths..

It seems that Thailand with less health facilities...less access to vaccines....and from some comments an inferior medical system...seems to be way ahead on the control of things from the pin up country of the UK.

There you go...a post where someone can have a different view to yours and you were not called a troll.... an idiot...thick as mince... maybe try it sometime.

cheers

Edited by roobob

6 minutes ago, roobob said:

...Thailand with less health facilities...less access to vaccines....and from some comments an inferior medical system...seems to be way ahead on the control of things...

Sure they are... 

Crematorium needs to be rebuilt due to heavy use

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2153783/crematorium-needs-to-be-rebuilt-due-to-heavy-use

A Bangkok temple began demolishing its crematorium after it started cracking early this month due to heavy use during the Covid-19 epidemic...

...There were a record 14,575 new Covid-19 cases and 114 more fatalities on Thursday, the Public Health Ministry reported on Friday morning.

Bangkok logged the highest number of new fatalities at 49 ,and the highest number of new infections at 3,104 cases.

3 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Sure they are... 

Crematorium needs to be rebuilt due to heavy use

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2153783/crematorium-needs-to-be-rebuilt-due-to-heavy-use

A Bangkok temple began demolishing its crematorium after it started cracking early this month due to heavy use during the Covid-19 epidemic...

...There were a record 14,575 new Covid-19 cases and 114 more fatalities on Thursday, the Public Health Ministry reported on Friday morning.

Bangkok logged the highest number of new fatalities at 49 ,and the highest number of new infections at 3,104 cases.

Nice click bait..... a 25 year old Temple crematorium needs replacing.

cheers

12 hours ago, roobob said:

Nice click bait..... a 25 year old Temple crematorium needs replacing.

cheers

You missed the part about Covid caused deaths increasing by 100%.

"...When the pandemic began last year, an average of 1-2 bodies were cremated at the temple a day. They were corpses of people infected by Covid-19 and other people, said the assistant abbot. As the outbreak spread in April, the number rose to 3-4 bodies a day."

Nice. I'll go back to star gazing...

ttyu.jpg

Edited by lazarus

33 minutes ago, roobob said:

Why would I go crying to the Mods...why even bring that into it...or you trying to garner a sympathy vote from them.?

Why do you always go the petty shots if others have a different view??

My comment was in relation to the post you last put up but as you brought up about someone having no idea it is you so lets look at the overall picture between the two countries because it is clear that it is you who has no idea.. From worlddometer as of the 23 Jul 21...

It seems that Thailand with less health facilities...less access to vaccines....and from some comments an inferior medical system...seems to be way ahead on the control of things from the pin up country of the UK.

There you go...a post where someone can have a different view to yours and you were not called a troll.... an idiot...thick as mince... maybe try it sometime.

cheers

I thought it would be obvious why I said you can go crying to the Mods if you want. Basically because that's what you do, and have done more than once on this thread alone. Mods, Mods he called me a troll. 

Pathetic really, but there ya go, that's you!

Aa for having no idea, you quoted me an hour or so ago saying some garbage that Thailand and the UK had similar figures. Which clearly showed you were either trolling or had no idea. 

Then not more than 2 posts to me later, you have done a full circle and are now proclaiming that they aren't similar at all. 

So in essence, you haven't a fucking a clue much less an idea what you are talking about.

Though to be fair, I'm not sure who's the most stupid, you for obvious reasons, or me for continuing to respond to you. 

You carry on there, I'm definitely done now, either my daughter has more sense than you, or you're just trolling.

Either way, toodle pip!

• Like 1

Talking about similarities or not, as the case may be.

Indonesia posted over 1500 daily covid deaths today, with just under 50,000 daily infections 

This is similar to the UK last winter, though the UK then at the height posted 2000 daily deaths from about 60000 daily infections.

Currently the UK is posting a weekly average of just under 50,000 infections, with an average weekly death of about 50! Yes, 50!

So I'm not sure how more black and white it needs to be until some are able to grasp that vaccines work, indeed work really  well, and it might be a good idea to get vaccinated.

Thick as mince 😆

10 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I thought it would be obvious why I said you can go crying to the Mods if you want. Basically because that's what you do, and have done more than once on this thread alone. Mods, Mods he called me a troll. 

Pathetic really, but there ya go, that's you!

Aa for having no idea, you quoted me an hour or so ago saying some garbage that Thailand and the UK had similar figures. Which clearly showed you were either trolling or had no idea. 

Then not more than 2 posts to me later, you have done a full circle and are now proclaiming that they aren't similar at all. 

So in essence, you haven't a fucking a clue much less an idea what you are talking about.

Though to be fair, I'm not sure who's the most stupid, you for obvious reasons, or me for continuing to respond to you. 

You carry on there, I'm definitely done now, either my daughter has more sense than you, or you're just trolling.

Either way, toodle pip!

I thought you were done here...but obviously you need your last little petty shot and last say....555 

It seems you are living in denial that your UK is not the pin up country you claim it to be and when it is pointed out... you spit the dummy.

Maybe you should review how a discussion works...people give their views...there will be different/opposing views which is good for the discussion ...but all should do so in a civil way and leave out the petty name calling and play the post...not the poster.  Again you cannot give a post without the snide little shots.... and it is clear why that is so.

cheerio 

Regarding Covid vaccinations 

Let us suppose that if the majority of people (in Uk/Europe for example) chose not to receive any of the Covid vaccines available. 

That being the case, we would almost certainly be in a perpetual state of Lockdown, with thousands still dying, a health service in collapse and at a complete economic standstill. 

However, a very large proportion of the Adult population have decided that they wish to be vaccinated for the good of themselves, their friends and loved ones and for the good of their country. They have chosen Social responsibly. 

These are the very people that are helping everyone gain the FREEDOMS that everyone so desperately needs and want. 

It is my opinion that those who chose NOT to be vaccinated for what ever the reason (unless exempt, through no fault of their own) wish to enjoy the freedoms that have been earned by the millions of people who have come forward and received the vaccines. Apart from being totally irresponsible and selfish, they are SOCIAL PARASITES who want everything for nothing.  No sense of duty, self-sacrifice or moral/social duty. 

They are then some of the very people who have nerve to say that some of their freedoms are being taken away from them, through their own freedom of choice not to be vaccinate 

I say, fuck the lot of 'em. 

As society, we should all be responsible for fighting the common enemy (Covid 19). 

There are currently still millions of people around the world, particularly in poor or developing countries who would give their right arm to be able to access a Covid vaccine of any type.  

These antivaxers here and in the West, need to get a grip, stop making feeble excuses, starting thinking of others instead of just themselves and start taking some social responsibility 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 7/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, Krapow said:

Cases are currently at worst levelling off, at best going down.

Today's figures are near 10,000 less than this time last week, and been lower than before for a few days. 

Sure you can't look at just a few days in isolation, it could be 60,000 tomorrow, but it's glimmer of hope.

Was it the jump for the Euros levelling off, was it as the Gov hope, the virus hitting the wall of immunity, was it a bit of both? 

The Politically motivated lefty professors and scientists like Deepti Gurdasani and her ilk, had the numbers far higher by now (i think they actually hope for that so they can continue to try and hammer the Tories that they despise), and no doubt the numbers will rise again when the full opening filters through. 

But will it be as high as some are predicting, i'm not so sure. If Boris can pull this off, hold his nerve against the politically motivated pressure, then he gets to do his dream, give a Churchillian speech to the Country like his hero did.  

Today's infection figures are 36,000.

This day last week they were 51,000

That's a drop of 15,000, that's huge!

Maybe with the schools off and no testing there it's impacting it, but even so.

The weekly ONS figures this time next week will show a good drop, as they're done a week behind. Today's showed still rising, but that data was up to the 17th.

Again, no doubt they will rise when the full opening filters through, but it bodes well, another sign the vaccines, hence immunity, is working

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Yea well.....

I haven't read a single post on twitter of antvaxer saying that they wish they had taken the jab.....Not one...

I've read a good few, some even posted on this thread. Articles about someone basically on their death bed saying how stupid and sorry they are that they believed Covid was some conspiracy shite or whatever, and how they wished they'd took the vaccine.

Though i'm not in the least surprised that you haven't seen as such, because stuff like that wouldn't get posted on the windowlickers websites and twitter feeds you subscribe to!

It's a closed shop of garbage, hilariously and ironically called 'seekers of the truth' or similar.

Does it not tell you something that truth like i've just posted isn't ever on those sites you read??????????

No of course it doesn't, because people like you are so blinkered and closed minded, the truth has no part in your world, indeed would shatter the fragile grip you people have on trying to keep it together. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Israel, the new PM -

“Those who refuse vaccines will not be able to go to the cinema, the theater, synagogue, amusement park, soccer game or any activity with over 100 people … unless they bring negative results from a coronavirus test, at their expense. Yes, they will fully bear the costs.”

The subtitled statement where he clearly sets out the obligations of the citizenry regarding the Delta variant..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XoaSMPhJc1s

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Amazing how quickly anti-vaxxers change their view once they're hospitalized with Covid. Here's another example, one of many, with more to come I'm sure.

Family says conservative radio host has changed his tune on vaccines after he was hospitalized with Covid-19

Note the family of the radio host makes a point of stating "he has never been an anti-vaxxer", but all one need do is read some of the guy's previous quotes in the article to realize it's the typical anti-vaxxer BS that has been spouted time and again to the detriment of the sheeple that followed his every word.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roobob said:

And as for testing.

UK - 237,814,221 (3,483,777 per 1 million population)

Thailand - 8,129,670 (116,162 per 1 million population)

For the uninitiated, it's testing which detects cases.

Didn't some ex-leader suggest cutting tests as a way to reduce cases?

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, fygjam said:

And as for testing.

UK - 237,814,221 (3,483,777 per 1 million population)

Thailand - 8,129,670 (116,162 per 1 million population)

For the uninitiated, it's testing which detects cases.

Didn't some ex-leader suggest cutting tests as a way to reduce cases?

What's missing from the Thailand published numbers is the positivity rate. Tried finding a source for how many people were tested that resulted in 14,260 new cases published today, but came up blank. Would appreciate someone posting a link to a source for the data if they know of one.

My guess is Thailand's positivity rate is high, which means they're not testing enough and have a high transmission rate.

Screen Shot 07-24-21 at 10.52 AM.JPG

source: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1