COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 minute ago, jcolorado said:

Capital Building

1 minute ago, jcolorado said:

Capital Building

Indeed, my bad, but you knew what i meant, i'll correct it now.

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

Things will never be normal again. 

_119494101_dailymail-nc.png

I can see both sides of the argument here.

Not that i think it will happen anyway, i think it's clearly a ploy/tactic to get young people to get the vaccine. Have they mentioned bringing it in, in bingo halls or theatres?

And even if they did do it, it would be short term.

A few pages back people were concerned and posting about the vaccine rate dropping, then yesterday there was only something like 20,000 fist jabs given. Lots of young people aren't being bothered to get it, for various reasons. The vaccines are clearly the way out of this mess, of that we are all agreed, well, except those with no grasp of reality. 

So the Government are using what they can, incentives or otherwise, to encourage everyone to get jabbed so we can get out of this mess, and our lives back.  As despite what you may read on here,  they actually want us to get back to normality as well, if they could wish away Covid, vaccine passport shite and everything else to do with it, they would do it in a heartbeat. The idea that Boris and the Government love the way we are now and want to continue as is, is just bonkers!

People just need to think rationally, though i accept, not all can :default_biggrin:

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, fforest said:

You will take the vax or eventually have no job,no food,no life.....Nothing to worry about folks......No red flags here....

I guarantee had you been about when electricity was just 'invented'/harnessed and being put into houses, you'd be getting as many 'red flags' and hard ons as you currently do with Covid.

Edited by Krapow

17 hours ago, fforest said:

You will take the vax or eventually have no job,no food,no life.....Nothing to worry about folks......No red flags here....

From the daily fail. Why am I not surprised. lol

I'm vaxxed up amigo. So, there's an extra bed in ICU for you should it be needed. 

18 hours ago, galenkia said:

Things will never be normal again. 

_119494101_dailymail-nc.png

2 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

From the daily fail. Why am I not surprised. lol

I'm vaxxed up amigo. So, there's an extra bed in ICU for you should it be needed. 

Another Zinger from Kathmandu,you just can't seem to stop spreading that good will around....

• Haha 1

Singapore is returning to a partial lockdown for a month.

The south-east Asian city state is recording the highest incidence of new cases of the virus in 11 months with growing clusters around nightlife venues and a major fishing port causing alarm.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/now-is-not-the-time-to-risk-it-all-singapore-returns-to-lockdown-20210720-p58bfn.html

• Great Info 1

19 minutes ago, Zeb said:

The south-east Asian city state is recording the highest incidence of new cases of the virus in 11 months with growing clusters around nightlife venues and a major fishing port causing alarm.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/now-is-not-the-time-to-risk-it-all-singapore-returns-to-lockdown-20210720-p58bfn.html

Singapore has already been in lockdown for decades.....lol

4 hours ago, Zeb said:

That is very worrying for us in the UK. We are opening up in the same way as Singapore on the basis of a high vaccination rate. Singapore's rate is 49% of the population, and the UK is only a little ahead at 55%.

11 hours ago, Bazle said:

That is very worrying for us in the UK. We are opening up in the same way as Singapore on the basis of a high vaccination rate. Singapore's rate is 49% of the population, and the UK is only a little ahead at 55%.

Hospital numbers and deaths matter overall, not number of cases. 

If you looked at flu statistics every year we would of been in lock down for decades. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Hospital numbers and deaths matter overall, not number of cases. 

If you looked at flu statistics every year we would of been in lock down for decades. 

The link between the number of cases and hospitalisations/deaths has not been broken, just considerably loosened. So, eventually, the number of cases DOES matter.

Covid is far more infectious than 'flu.