COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

Of course, if you're feeling healthy and you want to refuse the vaccine and risk a very unpleasant death, then that's entirely your own choice, nobody can or should force you to take it. I like to think of it as Darwinsim working its magic to clear out some genetic deadwood.

True but still find it sad guys like that 34 year old in the US dying as he felt God would protect him- waste of a young life.

Will be plenty more stories like this in the months to come.

Hasn't sunk in with many of the unvaccinated just how nasty the Delta variant is. Even taking it to avoid long COVID in your 20's and 30's is worth it, many won't take it and spend months regretting it, for a minority it will be fatal.

• Like 3

LA man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines dies of virus

A California man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines on social media has died after a month-long battle with the virus.

Stephen Harmon, a member of the Hillsong megachurch, had been a vocal opponent of vaccines, making a series of jokes about not having the vaccine.

"Got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," the 34-year-old tweeted to his 7,000 followers in June.

He was treated for pneumonia and Covid-19 in a hospital outside Los Angeles, where he died on Wednesday.

In the days leading up to his death, Mr Harmon documented his fight to stay alive, posting pictures of himself in his hospital bed.

"Please pray y'all, they really want to intubate me and put me on a ventilator," he said.

In his final tweet on Wednesday, Mr Harmon said he had decided to go under intubation.

"Don't know when I'll wake up, please pray," he wrote.

Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him.

Why is the US falling behind with its vaccinations?

Twitter suspends US congresswoman over Covid posts

Prior to his death, had joked about the pandemic and vaccines, sharing memes saying he trusted the Bible over top US disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci.

Hillsong founder Brian Houston confirmed news of his death in a tweet on Thursday.

"Ben has just passed on to us the devastating news that our beloved friend, Stephen Harmon has passed away from Covid. Heartbreaking," Mr Houston said.

BBC News article.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, fforest said:

Just had a quick glance at where Mr Forest gets his info from, his 'sources' that he follows, just to try and find out what's going on in his world.

So, after clicking on the twitter feed he posted, Sulley Truman, i am now aware that according to Sulley what's going on is all the work of the Freemason Illuminati 

There's going to be a one world religion announced in 2022, Christians, Muslims and everyone else will then follow the new one world religion - Satan

There's Plans afoot for the extermination of millions of American's, the Plan called Operation Pogo, and what's coming is going to be Biblical!

I'm a bit annoyed and excited at the same time by Operation Pogo, i didn't know all the Punk Rockers old and new like myself, will rise up and exterminate millions of Americans, i'm yet to get the memo. Must be like the Dead Kennedy's song Nazi Punks f**k off, only on steroids. 

Now, back to sanity, I used to work in mental health wards a bit, before i moved up to be more of a desk jockey. When i say there is saner people locked up in such wards as those who post on or read such threads like the bold Sulley's, i am certainly not joking!

• Like 1

I don't get this trusting in the Bible stuff. 

I am not a religious person, but nor do I oppose other peoples rights of belief. But what I do not understand is this........ 

If people believe that God (whichever God that may be) will save them from getting the Covid 19 virus or dying from it etc, then why has that same God allowed Covid to plague mankind in the first place? Or is it that those who follow, are the chosen ones to be left standing and all non- believers will perish? 

Edit, was writing this whilst Krapow was Posting the abovev

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Just had a quick glance at where Mr Forest gets his info from, his 'sources' that he follows, just to try and find out what's going on in his world.

So, after clicking on the twitter feed he posted, Sulley Truman, i am now aware that according to Sulley what's going on is all the work of the Freemason Illuminati 

There's going to be a one world religion announced in 2022, Christians, Muslims and everyone else will then follow the new one world religion - Satan

There's Plans afoot for the extermination of millions of American's, the Plan called Operation Pogo, and what's coming is going to be Biblical!

I'm a bit annoyed and excited at the same time by Operation Pogo, i didn't know all the Punk Rockers old and new like myself, will rise up and exterminate millions of Americans, i'm yet to get the memo. Must be like the Dead Kennedy's song Nazi Punks f**k off, only on steroids. 

Now, back to sanity, I used to work in mental health wards a bit, before i moved up to be more of a desk jockey. When i say there is saner people locked up in such wards as those who post on or read such threads like the bold Sulley's, i am certainly not joking!

You doubt the Freemason Illuminati ......... ??? 

OK they were a joke made up by two very funny American writers many many moons ago for a bit of a laugh ... recent Adam Curtis iPlayer series had an episode on this and other loony nut job theories. they never thought people would be so fucking stupid as to believe this stuff. Bit like QANON you have to be deranged .... and yet so many who were at the anti-vaxx rally and of course the March on the Capitol Jan 6th genuinely and sincerely believe this stuff and function normally.

I blame social media and the true founder of what is known as The Pegasus Inner Core Illimunati ......... aka P ICI ???? yes links to chemicals, Mossad and big Pharma and Purdue too ......  Mark Zuckerberg ..... Jewish, Chinese wife ........ there I've just started a huge conspiracy theory ......... 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, tko said:

This thread should be moved to a political topic.  It's mostly vitriol now.  Very little useful information is being presented about the Covid 19 situation around the world.

US Politics Covid thread: 

1 hour ago, tko said:

This thread should be moved to a political topic.  It's mostly vitriol now.  Very little useful information is being presented about the Covid 19 situation around the world.

Two UK Threads:

8 hours ago, nampla69 said:

You doubt the Freemason Illuminati ......... ??? 

OK they were a joke made up by two very funny American writers many many moons ago for a bit of a laugh ... recent Adam Curtis iPlayer series had an episode on this and other loony nut job theories. they never thought people would be so fucking stupid as to believe this stuff. Bit like QANON you have to be deranged .... and yet so many who were at the anti-vaxx rally and of course the March on the Capitol Jan 6th genuinely and sincerely believe this stuff and function normally.

I blame social media and the true founder of what is known as The Pegasus Inner Core Illimunati ......... aka P ICI ???? yes links to chemicals, Mossad and big Pharma and Purdue too ......  Mark Zuckerberg ..... Jewish, Chinese wife ........ there I've just started a huge conspiracy theory ......... 

Yep, for those who only had a tenuous grasp of reality at the best of times, Covid has just pushed them over the edge completely. They're so far down the rabbit hole, they're never coming back.

That twitter feed has some of the most deranged and deluded shite you would see, well, probably not true, probably quite tame TBH. But yea, you've probably started the latest QANON ...

Meanwhile, in the real world, UK posted lower infection numbers 5th day in a row ...

I'm still wearing a mask when I go indoors to public places.

Are You?
. . .

4 Reasons I’m Wearing a Mask Again
Our vaccines are extraordinary, but right now they need all the help they can get.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/07/fully-vaccinated-masking-delta/619532/

1. I don’t want to get COVID-19.
Let me be clear: My chances of getting sick are low, very low, especially if I’m thinking about the disease in its worst forms. The vaccines are spectacularly effective at blocking COVID-19, particularly cases that lead to hospitalization or death, even when squaring off with Delta and other antibody-dodging variants. I expect this to hold true for some time: These vaccines were tested primarily for their power to curb deadly illness, and that’s what they’re accomplishing against every version of the coronavirus they face.

But no vaccine is perfect. Some immunized people will end up infected with the virus; a small subset of this group will fall ill, occasionally severely so. The proportion of vaccinated people who catch the coronavirus might tick up in the presence of certain mutations that make the virus less recognizable to vaccinated immune systems, and thus harder to purge. The longer the virus sticks around in the body—the more opportunity it’s given to copy itself and mosey through our tissues—the more likely it is that symptoms will arise as immune defenders rally to fight. (Delta might be extra well equipped to accumulate in airways.) Most post-vaccination infections, or breakthroughs, appear to be asymptomatic or mild, a sign that the vaccines are doing their job. But mild illness still isn’t desirable illness, especially given the threat of long COVID, which reportedly can happen in vaccinated people, though researchers aren’t yet sure how widely.

Masks slash the risks of all these outcomes. Breakthroughs are more common when the immune system faces a ton of inbound virus—when there’s an ongoing outbreak, or when the people around me aren’t immune. A mask reduces my exposure every time I wear one. Some variants, including Delta, might be more transmissible, but they’re still thwarted by physical barriers such as cloth.

I’m not duping myself into thinking that I’ll stave off this virus forever; SARS-CoV-2 is here to stay. But as hospitals in several states once again start to fill up, I’m in no rush to rendezvous with the coronavirus, especially because …

2. I don’t want people around me to get COVID-19.
If I get infected, that affects more than just me. I worry about the strangers I encounter—many of them maskless—whose immune status I don’t know. I worry about the youngest kids in my social network, who aren’t yet eligible for shots, and the elderly and immunocompromised, whose defenses may be weaker than mine. I worry about the people in my community who have been structurally barred from accessing the vaccines, or who are reluctant to take the shots. My risk of getting COVID-19 is low. Theirs is very much not.

The COVID-19 vaccines come with the delightful perk of blocking some asymptomatic infection, but researchers are still figuring out how often vaccinated people can pass on the pathogen. The math gets all the messier with more contagious variants such as Delta. Inbound virus affects me directly, but it can also turn me into a pathogen pit stop, potentially allowing outbound virus to bop into someone with less immunological armor. “Masks protect both us and the people around us,” Krutika Kuppalli, an infectious-disease physician at the Medical University of South Carolina, told me. In the United States, inoculation rates have taken a serious dip. The proportion of vulnerable people is stagnant, yet still too high.

During a pandemic, personal safety can’t be the only consideration, as my colleague Ed Yong has written. The disease we’re dealing with is infectious; the repercussions of our behavior ripple to those around us. Many unvaccinated people belong to populations that have been marginalized by the country’s fractured health-care system. Saddling them with any increased COVID-19 risk, even indirectly, threatens to widen disparities. Going maskless indoors still feels like a gamble, especially because …

3. I trust the vaccines, but I understand their limits.
My pivot back to masks says nothing about my continued confidence in the vaccines and what they’re capable of. But although vaccines are an excellent tool, they are also an imperfect one, and they’ll perform differently depending on the context in which they’re used.

Consider, for example, the effectiveness of sunscreen, another stellar yet flawed preventive. Certain brands, including those with higher SPF, will be better than others at blocking burns and cancer. Mileage may vary even with the same tube of sunscreen, depending on who’s using it (how much melanin is in their skin?), how they’re behaving (are they dipping in and out of the shade, or spending all day soaking up rays?), and local conditions (is it a cloudy day in a wooded park, or a sunny day on a snow-speckled hill?). Vaccines are similar. Breakthroughs are more likely in people with a weakened immune system and those who mingle frequently with the virus; they may happen more often with certain variants.

Asking a vaccine to shoulder the entire burden of protection felt all right a month ago, when case rates were plunging. Now they’re ticking back up. The vaccines don’t feel different, but the conditions they’re working in do. Maybe now’s not the best time to rely on them alone. “That’s putting a lot of pressure on the vaccines,” Jason Kindrachuk, a virologist at the University of Manitoba, told me. The virus has upped the ante, and I feel the urge to match it. When it’s extra sunny out, I’m probably going to reach for sunscreen and a hat, especially because …

4. Wearing an accessory on my head doesn’t feel like a huge cost to me.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t enjoy wearing a mask, and all else equal, I’d still prefer to keep it off. But for me, it’s not a big sacrifice to make for a bit more security: I’ll mainly be using one indoors when I’m around strangers, a situation in which the risk of spread is high. And I’ll keep checking pandemic conditions like I would a weather forecast—hospitalizations, variants, immunization rates, and the behaviors of people around me—and adjust as needed. The idea is that this state of affairs will be short-lived, until vaccinations climb and the virus retreats again.

I live in New England, where things are relatively calm. I could probably get away with resuming normal life, whatever that is. But the status quo feels tenuous. It will take work to maintain. As Delta dominates the nation and case rates rise, we may already be losing our grip. Kuppalli said that although she’s concerned about our current menagerie of variants, she’s also trying to ensure that more problematic versions of the virus don’t have the opportunity to arise. The stakes in her community are particularly high: In South Carolina, where vaccination rates are relatively low, “it’s a free-for-all,” she said. “When I walk into a supermarket, I’m the only one in a mask. People look at you like you’re crazy.”

Vaccines have sometimes been billed as an option to supplant the nuisance of masks. But making that trade-off at an individual level feels overly simplistic in a population where so many people are neither immune nor covered up. I also didn’t get vaccinated because I wanted to stop masking. I got vaccinated because I wanted to reduce my chances of getting sick with this virus and transmitting it to others. Masking is a complementary means to the same end. My return to it isn’t an indictment of vaccination. It’s an insurance policy. It’s a small price to pay for more protection, especially once I’ve washed the cat hair away.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 9:47 AM, roobob said:

You are right...it is not a competition and your right people are dying/died....  but you cannot disguise the fact that 125,000 more people have passed away in the UK compared to Thailand but we continually on here get told how the UK is the pinup country....from the figures...far from it..

Yes the UK went a year without NO vaccines...but they were not alone in that fact.....so did every other country....and indeed some went longer with out vaccines.

cheers

Oh get a vaccine you cheap bastard. That notwithstanding, canvass the streets or pipe down. 

• Haha 1

Women are claiming ‘boobs get bigger’ after having Pfizer jab

Women are sharing their shock at discovering their breasts have “got bigger” after their jab – with experts explaining why it happens.

Women who have had the Pfizer vaccine are reporting an unexpected side effect – claiming
their breasts have grown bigger after having the jab.

Pfizer is one of two vaccinations currently being rolled out across Australia in the fight
against Covid-19.

Common side effects from Covid-19 vaccines include pain at the injection site, headaches,
fatigue, or feeling flu-like symptoms.

But many women have noticed their breasts and lymph nodes had “swollen” after receiving
their jabs, dubbing the effect the “Pfizer boob job”.

While it is not clear how long it takes for the swelling in some women’s lymph nodes to go
down, it is important to note, it is a “temporary” effect.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/women-are-claiming-boobs-get-bigger-after-having-pfizer-jab/news-story/507c2b8d36cd53cec5072f567e7dd1d7

• Surprised 1

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yep, for those who only had a tenuous grasp of reality at the best of times, Covid has just pushed them over the edge completely. They're so far down the rabbit hole, they're never coming back.

That twitter feed has some of the most deranged and deluded shite you would see, well, probably not true, probably quite tame TBH. But yea, you've probably started the latest QANON ...

Meanwhile, in the real world, UK posted lower infection numbers 5th day in a row ...

Krapow the rabbit hole is not so bad you just have to avoid the  black helicopters 5g towers, ufos, and mask wearers.....lol.....I can get you in with a secret password.....

Man People GIF by Psyklon - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Krapow the rabbit hole is not so bad you just have to avoid the  black helicopters 5g towers, ufos, and mask wearers.....lol.....I can get you in with a secret password.....

Man People GIF by Psyklon - Find & Share on GIPHY

Sounds great, and a lot cheaper than LSD.

Just give me plenty of notice before Operation Pogo starts, I can dig out my old Dead Kennedy's Holiday in Cambodia t-shirt,  and I'm good to go, bring on the extermination, Biblical bro!

Edited by Krapow
  • Haha 1

Better watch out better not cry Delta is coming for you...

Delta Variant Will ‘Find Everybody Not Immune,’ Warns Mayo Clinic Vaccine Expert
“Don’t be deceived that ‘I got this far and I am OK.’ This is a very different variant. It will find you,” said Dr. Gregory Poland in a dire message.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gregory-poland-mayo-clinic-delta-everyone-not-immune_n_60fa3b09e4b07c153fbe23c1?fbclid=IwAR1Xcu9vnta6QRedMU6ISMUrMGVjfSdQ5zNQrtGSgAWr4RjyDol4JTP45yo

...One of the leading vaccine experts in the nation has a dire warning for Americans: The powerful, fast-spreading delta variant of the coronavirus will “find everybody who is not immune.”

There is “no question that we are going to see a surge,” Dr. Gregory Poland of the prestigious Mayo Clinic told WCCO-TV in Minnesota. 

Poland, who wears a mask indoors and outside in crowded conditions, warned the unvaccinated: “Do not be deceived that ‘I got this far and I’m OK.’ This is a very different variant. It will find you. This virus will find everybody who is not immune.”

He added: “This is a serious, current and present danger to you and your families’ health if you are not vaccinated.”

Though the major risk is to the unvaccinated, continuing numbers of those who don’t get the protection present a risk to everyone, he warned.

“The longer we go with large numbers of people unvaccinated, the greater and greater the risk that a new variant will develop that will evade vaccine-induced immunity. So we are our own worst enemies here,” Poland told KARE-11 TV. in Minneapolis...

• Like 1

One model from the Financial Times shows how the percentage of fully vaccinated COVID patients hospitalized rises as the percentage of fully vaccinated people rises in a community. This suggests as many as 40% of all hospitalized cases are among vaccinated people, but public health officials have said recently that the majority of these are happening among people over the age of 80 or people with serious underlying health conditions. In places where vaccination rates are low, the overall number of people hospitalized ends up far higher.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

What do you think...yay or nay?

More than 500 SF bars announce new policy requiring proof of vaccination or negative test to enter

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/bar-alliance-covid-test-vaccination-proof-required-16340670.php?fbclid=IwAR2RoaUWIBONzig6BQ4Dz-wpjPFNM0Y6Zgj00s8M4rzEe5pDUDW33u9h2N8

More than 500 San Francisco bars announced Monday a new policy requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a 72-hour negative COVID test for entry into their establishments. 

The policy will go into effect Thursday.

SFGATE previously reported that the bars, members of the SF Bar Owner Alliance, were mulling whether to enact such a requirement last week. ...

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

What do you think...yay or nay?

More than 500 SF bars announce new policy requiring proof of vaccination or negative test to enter

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/bar-alliance-covid-test-vaccination-proof-required-16340670.php?fbclid=IwAR2RoaUWIBONzig6BQ4Dz-wpjPFNM0Y6Zgj00s8M4rzEe5pDUDW33u9h2N8

More than 500 San Francisco bars announced Monday a new policy requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a 72-hour negative COVID test for entry into their establishments. 

The policy will go into effect Thursday.

SFGATE previously reported that the bars, members of the SF Bar Owner Alliance, were mulling whether to enact such a requirement last week. ...

Yay all the way. If you want to check out the eye candy in the bars, and there's plenty of that, then get off your dead ass and do what it takes. (vaccines etc.) I'm sure laz or myself can help you figure it out.