COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Amazing how quickly anti-vaxxers change their view once they're hospitalized with Covid. Here's another example, one of many, with more to come I'm sure.

Family says conservative radio host has changed his tune on vaccines after he was hospitalized with Covid-19

Note the family of the radio host makes a point of stating "he has never been an anti-vaxxer", but all one need do is read some of the guy's previous quotes in the article to realize it's the typical anti-vaxxer BS that has been spouted time and again to the detriment of the sheeple that followed his every word.

Mr Forest will just pretend he didn't read that, like the other similar posts in the thread which i've read, but he seems to have inexplicably missed :default_coffee:

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Mr Forest will just pretend he didn't read that, like the other similar posts in the thread which i've read, but he seems to have inexplicably missed :default_coffee:

I did not miss it, but the point could be easily reversed...Where a formally health person now has debilitating tremors....etc etc after a vax...

But it really does not matter.....

Vaxers will never change their mind and antivaxers will also never change their mind.....

If both choices were respected...Then a huge chunk of the problems would end...........

But the riots , marches, threats and screaming matches etc , make for some great T.V for the Networks  so I don't think the conflict will be ending....  

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, fforest said:

I did not miss it, but the point could be easily reversed...Where a formally health person now has debilitating tremors....etc etc after a vax...

But it really does not matter.....

Vaxers will never change their mind and antivaxers will also never change their mind.....

If both choices were respected...Then a huge chunk of the problems would end...........

But the riots , marches, threats and screaming matches etc , make for some great T.V for the Networks  so I don't think the conflict will be ending....  

Great news, glad to see you finally noticed one of the numerous such posts on this thread alone.

We're here to help! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, fygjam said:

And as for testing.

UK - 237,814,221 (3,483,777 per 1 million population)

Thailand - 8,129,670 (116,162 per 1 million population)

For the uninitiated, it's testing which detects cases.

Didn't some ex-leader suggest cutting tests as a way to reduce cases?

The important figures are here.... Figures from Worldometer

UK Population today..... 68,260,406                       UK deaths up to today....... 129,004

Thailand population today..... 69,983,960              Thailand deaths up to today...... 3,930

It is quite clear that the UK is running a poor second behind a country that has less medical facilities... less access to vaccines.....so maybe the people who are on their soapboxes there continually preaching how good they are .....should actually be questioning their authorities what is going on.. 

cheers

Edited by roobob

1 hour ago, roobob said:

UK Population today..... 68,260,406                       UK deaths up to today....... 129,004

Thailand population today..... 69,983,960              Thailand deaths up to today...... 3,930

It is quite clear that the UK is running a poor second behind a country that has less medical facilities... less access to vaccines.....so maybe the people who are on their soapboxes there continually preaching how good they are .....should actually be questioning their authorities what is going on.. 

cheers

Actually that is not an indication at all. 

What one has to look at, is the number of cases so far by country, and the number of deaths and hospitalisation BEFORE vaccinations had been fully rolled out.  However, both countries are at different stages of vaccination, 

Thailand is experiencing a heavier 3rd wave of cases and less testing, so the true numbers of infection cannot be gauged at this point. 

But its not a competition. This serious and people are dying. 

What the most important figures are and hopefully will be in Thailand are the number of people in hospital or dying per capita once a substantial percentage of those populations have been vaccinated

In UK, the majority of deaths and hospital admissions occurred before the vaccines were given at a substantial record 

Maybe someone can show these figures. But the number of deaths has gone down in UK since at least half of all adults have been vaccinated. 

It is vaccines and number of vaccinations that are most important in tackling Covid. That is plainly clear. The UK went a year with NO vaccines and far greater numbers of infections than Thailand did in their first and second waves. 

At this point in time, the only affective weapons we have against the virus and it's variants are Vaccination, protective head gear, social distancing, lock downs, hospital services and of course human behaviour

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Actually that is not an indication at all. 

What one has to look at, is the number of cases so far by country, and the number of deaths and hospitalisation BEFORE vaccinations had been fully rolled out.  However, both countries are at different stages of vaccination, 

Thailand is experiencing a heavier 3rd wave of cases and less testing, so the true numbers of infection cannot be gauged at this point. 

But its not a competition. This serious and people are dying. 

What the most important figures are and hopefully will be in Thailand are the number of people in hospital or dying per capita once a substantial percentage of those populations have been vaccinated

In UK, the majority of deaths and hospital admissions occurred before the vaccines were given at a substantial record 

Maybe someone can show these figures. But the number of deaths has gone down in UK since at least half of all adults have been vaccinated. 

It is vaccines and number of vaccinations that are most important in tackling Covid. That is plainly clear. The UK went a year with NO vaccines and far greater numbers of infections than Thailand did in their first and second waves. 

You are right...it is not a competition and your right people are dying/died....  but you cannot disguise the fact that 125,000 more people have passed away in the UK compared to Thailand but we continually on here get told how the UK is the pinup country....from the figures...far from it..

Yes the UK went a year without NO vaccines...but they were not alone in that fact.....so did every other country....and indeed some went longer with out vaccines.

cheers

Edited by roobob

15 minutes ago, roobob said:

You are right...it is not a competition and your right people are dying/died....  but you cannot disguise the fact that 125,000 more people have passed away in the UK compared to Thailand but we continually on here get told how the UK is the pinup country....from the figures...far from it..

Yes the UK went a year without NO vaccines...but they were not alone in that fact.....so did every other country....and indeed some went longer with out vaccines.

cheers

I am not suggesting that the UK is a pinup country, but for me it is the only real reference I have, with first hand experience. What is clear, is that there has been a well organised and targeted vaccination program with few vaccine shortages. As vaccinations go up, deaths and hospitalisation are going down rapidly. That of course will change over the next few months as cases rise again but the most important factor is the RATIO.

Thailand did not anticipate a third wave of the proportion of cases seen recently, and now in a position where it is struggling to keep up and vaccinate its populous. 

The UK and many other countries have been in similar situations. No matter what the numbers are, it is Vaccinations that are the most effective weapon against Covid 19. 

That is why everyone should receive a vaccine. The equation is more vaccination =less deaths and less hospitalisation. 

Covid misinformation is not by chance or with the good of people in mind.

The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online
Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

SAN FRANCISCO — The article that appeared online on Feb. 9 began with a seemingly innocuous question about the legal definition of vaccines. Then over its next 3,400 words, it declared coronavirus vaccines were “a medical fraud” and said the injections did not prevent infections, provide immunity or stop transmission of the disease.

Instead, the article claimed, the shots “alter your genetic coding, turning you into a viral protein factory that has no off-switch.”

Its assertions were easily disprovable. No matter. Over the next few hours, the article was translated from English into Spanish and Polish. It appeared on dozens of blogs and was picked up by anti-vaccination activists, who repeated the false claims online. The article also made its way to Facebook, where it reached 400,000 people, according to data from CrowdTangle, a Facebook-owned tool.

The entire effort traced back to one person: Joseph Mercola.

Dr. Mercola, 67, an osteopathic physician in Cape Coral, Fla., has long been a subject of criticism and government regulatory actions for his promotion of unproven or unapproved treatments. But most recently, he has become the chief spreader of coronavirus misinformation online, according to researchers.

An internet-savvy entrepreneur who employs dozens, Dr. Mercola has published over 600 articles on Facebook that cast doubt on Covid-19 vaccines since the pandemic began, reaching a far larger audience than other vaccine skeptics, an analysis by The New York Times found. His claims have been widely echoed on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

The activity has earned Dr. Mercola, a natural health proponent with an Everyman demeanor, the dubious distinction of the top spot in the “Disinformation Dozen,” a list of 12 people responsible for sharing 65 percent of all anti-vaccine messaging on social media, said the nonprofit Center for Countering Digital Hate. Others on the list include Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a longtime anti-vaccine activist, and Erin Elizabeth, the founder of the website Health Nut News, who is also Dr. Mercola’s girlfriend.

“Mercola is the pioneer of the anti-vaccine movement,” said Kolina Koltai, a researcher at the University of Washington who studies online conspiracy theories. “He’s a master of capitalizing on periods of uncertainty, like the pandemic, to grow his movement.”

Some high-profile media figures have promoted skepticism of the vaccines, notably Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham of Fox News, though other Fox personalities have urged viewers to get the shots. Now, Dr. Mercola and others in the “Disinformation Dozen” are in the spotlight as vaccinations in the United States slow, just as the highly infectious Delta variant has fueled a resurgence in coronavirus cases. More than 97 percent of people hospitalized for Covid-19 are unvaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

President Biden has blamed online falsehoods for causing people to refrain from getting the injections. But even as Mr. Biden has urged social media companies to “do something about the misinformation,” Dr. Mercola shows the difficulty of that task.

Over the last decade, Dr. Mercola has built a vast operation to push natural health cures, disseminate anti-vaccination content and profit from all of it, said researchers who have studied his network. In 2017, he filed an affidavit claiming his net worth was “in excess of $100 million.”

And rather than directly stating online that vaccines don’t work, Dr. Mercola’s posts often ask pointed questions about their safety and discuss studies that other doctors have refuted. Facebook and Twitter have allowed some of his posts to remain up with caution labels, and the companies have struggled to create rules to pull down posts that have nuance.

“He has been given new life by social media, which he exploits skillfully and ruthlessly to bring people into his thrall,” said Imran Ahmed, director of the Center for Countering Digital Hate, which studies misinformation and hate speech. Its “Disinformation Dozen” report has been cited in congressional hearings and by the White House.

In an email, Dr. Mercola said it was “quite peculiar to me that I am named as the #1 superspreader of misinformation.” Some of his Facebook posts were only liked by hundreds of people, he said, so he didn’t understand “how the relatively small number of shares could possibly cause such calamity to Biden’s multibillion dollar vaccination campaign.”

The efforts against him are political, Dr. Mercola added, and he accused the White House of “illegal censorship by colluding with social media companies.”

He did not address whether his coronavirus claims were factual. “I am the lead author of a peer reviewed publication regarding vitamin D and the risk of Covid-19 and I have every right to inform the public by sharing my medical research,” he said. He did not identify the publication, and The Times was unable to verify his claim.

Edited by lazarus

2 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

you are missing a very important point, Thailand and UK deaths / infections were reported differently, initially Thailand reported deaths from C-19 as being viral pneumonia, UK classified many causes of death as Covid when Covid was a contributory factor, not the primary cause.

Figures on both sides are reported differently, if there was parity and a worldwide standard on reporting deaths, cause and infection numbers, then your argument would have a tiny bit of credibility, but as you're comparing 2 different types of Data input, reasons for death and actually 2 different approaches to post mortem investigation, you might as well compare and use the North Korean data, as it holds just as much validity.

"It is quite clear that the UK is running a poor second behind a country that has less medical facilities... less access to vaccines.....so maybe the people who are on their soapboxes there continually preaching how good they are .....should actually be questioning their authorities what is going on.. "

If you are going to make claims like that, ensure the reporting system you are using for both examples is standardised (it isn't)

All "Worldometer" does is correlate data, it doesn't verify the source or the type and accuracy of entry.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Butch said:

you are missing a very important point, Thailand and UK deaths / infections were reported differently, initially Thailand reported deaths from C-19 as being viral pneumonia, UK classified many causes of death as Covid when Covid was a contributory factor, not the primary cause.

Figures on both sides are reported differently, if there was parity and a worldwide standard on reporting deaths, cause and infection numbers, then your argument would have a tiny bit of credibility, but as you're comparing 2 different types of Data input, reasons for death and actually 2 different approaches to post mortem investigation, you might as well compare and use the North Korean data, as it holds just as much validity.

"It is quite clear that the UK is running a poor second behind a country that has less medical facilities... less access to vaccines.....so maybe the people who are on their soapboxes there continually preaching how good they are .....should actually be questioning their authorities what is going on.. "

If you are going to make claims like that, ensure the reporting system you are using for both examples is standardised (it isn't)

All "Worldometer" does is correlate data, it doesn't verify the source or the type and accuracy of entry.

Excellent point ^^^^.

I don't care to get into the back and forth debate/discussion regarding Covid information, as it is very complex and evolving daily. I also believe it will take many years for all the data to be collected, analyzed, and sound conclusions be determined.

But.... I can say that there is one thing for sure. Various countries and regions use(d) different numbers, for a variety of reasons. There is data out there that I trust more than others, but we all have different sources we refer to, and degrees of tolerance regarding what we find trustworthy. 

• Like 3

Another day, another spanking! 

As Baz would say, don't feed the troll!

I don't know anyone who's said the way the UK has handled Covid has been anything even near good. 

Personally i think it's been shambolic at times, as i've posted on this thread many, many times, indeed only 2 or 3 days ago. 

What has been good, has been the vaccine roll out.  In fact, more than good.

Wee Bobby's just still upset with the spanking he got yesterday, and judging from above, he's getting another spanking today, despite now running about flipflopping and moving the goal posts like a whirling dervish :sarcasm: 

Anyway, UK just posted lower infections for the 4th day in a row, 5000 less than yesterday, and a massive 23,000 less than this day last week. 

Bodes well ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Over the last decade, Dr. Mercola has built a vast operation to push natural health cures, disseminate anti-vaccination content and profit from all of it, said researchers who have studied his network. In 2017, he filed an affidavit claiming his net worth was “in excess of $100 million.”

Modern day con men, fleecing the gullible, and those with such low self esteem they need to feel a part of something, accepted. Need to feel that they know something most others don't, misfits, odd balls.

Covid has been such a money spinner for these characters like Mercola. In a way i admire them, the way they cultivate their sheep and spread the fear in them, and get the cash rolling in. 

But they're dangerous fuckers as well, it's when children get impacted by their anti vacc garbage that the gullible parents suck in. 

I'd jail the cunts TBH.

Edited by Krapow
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I don't know anyone who's said the way the UK has handled Covid has been anything even near good. 

Personally i think it's been shambolic at times, as i've posted on this thread many, many times, indeed only 2 or 3 days ago. 

Wee Bobby's just still upset with the spanking he got yesterday, and judging from above, he's getting another spanking today, despite now running about flipflopping and moving the goal posts like a whirling dervish :sarcasm: 

Anyway, UK just posted lower infections for the 4th day in a row, 5000 less than yesterday, and a massive 23,000 less than this day last week. 

Bodes well ...

👍

whirling.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Modern day con men, fleecing the gullible, and those with such low self esteem they need to feel a part of something, accepted. Need to feel that they know something most others don't, misfits, odd balls.

Covid has been such a money spinner for these characters like Mercola. In a way i admire them, the way they cultivate their sheep and spread the fear in them, and get the cash rolling in. 

But they're dangerous fuckers as well, it's when children get impacted by their anti vacc garbage that the gullible parents suck in. 

I'd jail the cunts TBH.

You see the lunatics today in Trafalgar Square.???

Oh Jeremy Corbyn's brother Piers (working class heroes both born in a  manor house in Shropshire privately educated), Katie Hopkins and of course the Lizard King David Icke.

These fecking people are insane QANON, Bilderberg, Bill Gates, Protocols of the Elders of Zion nut jobs. In 2021  it is clear the internet and social media had driven a large minority of people bonkers. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Krapow said:

That's the 'american dream' - find a money spinner and keep on spinning be damned. Throughout history hucksters, carpetbaggers and snake oil salesmen have always been in the picture bilking the unsuspecting public. Usually in the cahoots with politicians..(I won't go there). 😁

https://www.wordnik.com/words/huckster

carpetbagger-e1624655726624.jpg

13659.jpg

News-Hucksters-Rake-In-500K-With-Android-iOS-Adware-Scam-Apps.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

You see the lunatics today in Trafalgar Square.???

Oh Jeremy Corbyn's brother Piers (working class heroes both born in a  manor house in Shropshire privately educated), Katie Hopkins and of course the Lizard King David Icke.

These fecking people are insane QANON, Bilderberg, Bill Gates, Protocols of the Elders of Zion nut jobs. In 2021  it is clear the internet and social media had driven a large minority of people bonkers. 

Agreed 100 %. All one has to do is look at the pics and the video from the Jan. 6 Capitol cluster f**k. Absolute insanity of immense proportion. All a bunch of nut jobs taking selfies in the name of the Facebook Gods. These whack jobs have all lost their minds and cashed in their souls over a Dog damn Iphone.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

People actually listen to, follow and support this moron.                 :default_crazy:

Although he actually was the only person in the Western world to suggest the C-19 was engineered bioweapon, a somewhat controversial theory which holds a certain amount of truth in it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

Although he actually was the only person in the Western world to suggest the C-19 was engineered bioweapon, a somewhat controversial theory which holds a certain amount of truth in it.

Really?

You've seen the conclusive evidence? Please share.

Or are you basing that claim on the accusations of others with a certain agenda to push?

16 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Really?

You've seen the conclusive evidence? Please share.

Or are you basing that claim on the accusations of others with a certain agenda to push?

No I said a certain amount of truth, not "conclusive evidence", you are getting confused and trying to put words into my mouth.

Please quote where I said there is or I have "conclusive evidence". Feel free to use any quote that I have made, because I'm happy to back it up, because I can't for the life of me recall saying there is "conclusive evidence".

Also, I've made no "claim" other than there is a "certain amount of truth in it", which, because you are a tinfoilhatted muppet, there is no point in sharing because you'll only start crying foul, as you don't believe the experts anyway, so I'm going to be wasting my time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/coronavirusfrontlines/2020/08/21/a-defense-expert-explores-whether-the-covid-19-coronavirus-makes-a-good-bioweapon/?sh=1289cd667ece

Some truth, and plausiblity if you can read the article behind an adblocker,

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Butch said:

No I said a certain amount of truth, not "conclusive evidence", you are getting confused and trying to put words into my mouth.

Please quote where I said there is or I have "conclusive evidence". Feel free to use any quote that I have made, because I'm happy to back it up, because I can't for the life of me recall saying there is "conclusive evidence".

Also, I've made no "claim" other than there is a "certain amount of truth in it", which, because you are a tinfoilhatted muppet, there is no point in sharing because you'll only start crying foul, as you don't believe the experts anyway, so I'm going to be wasting my time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/coronavirusfrontlines/2020/08/21/a-defense-expert-explores-whether-the-covid-19-coronavirus-makes-a-good-bioweapon/?sh=1289cd667ece

Some truth, and plausiblity if you can read the article behind an adblocker,

I'm sorry but I'm old school. If something is claimed to be true then there is evidence to support that claim.

Going back to your original statement

So how much truth does the statement "C-19 was an engineered bioweapon" hold? 10%, 90% and which part is truthful and which part isn't? As far as I can see, "C-19 was an engineered bioweapon" can only be either true or false. And to claim it's true requires proof. i.e. evidence.

Now as you immediately resort to name calling I can only assume that you are unable to provide the evidence.

As to the article linked, I don't have time to waste on speculation although given that Covid-19 is out of control I'd say it makes a rather poor weapon. And "plausibility" is not evidence of truth.

10 minutes ago, fygjam said:

As to the article linked, I don't have time to waste on speculation although given that Covid-19 is out of control I'd say it makes a rather poor weapon. And "plausibility" is not evidence of truth.

And not a very lethal bioweapon either.

9 hours ago, Butch said:

The deaths have been reported as Covid related....that is what they sadly passed away from.  If you do not want to use Worldometer as the source...it seems on this topic both sides use it as reference to back their figures..... then check the official Govt sites.

I stand by my claims above .....so for an example ....are you saying that my claim that Thailand has/had less access to vaccines up to the present day compared to the UK is false??.

cheers

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

Bodes well ...

I thought you said you were done..... but you just can't help yourself.....555.

8 hours ago, Glasseye said:

👍

whirling.jpg

Have you stopped running and had the decency to take that Covid test as yet???

cheers

Two random headlines from the media this morning sum it up nicely for me.

Who are the people dying of Covid now? There's a totally new kind of patient, say doctors - in their 40s, previously well... but unvaccinated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9821291/Covid-19s-new-victims-Doctors-warn-jabbed-people-make-bulk-fatalities.html

and

LA man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines dies of virus

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57958358

Of course, if you're feeling healthy and you want to refuse the vaccine and risk a very unpleasant death, then that's entirely your own choice, nobody can or should force you to take it. I like to think of it as Darwinsim working its magic to clear out some genetic deadwood.

• Like 4