COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

17 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Agree with this, though my understanding is it's about 20%, that's from work meetings, not media.

Javid mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, that they're working on getting the NHS to report the difference between those hospitalised primarily because of Covid, and those who's primary reason for being in hospital is not Covid, though they also have covid, or caught it in hospital. Again, about 20% is my understanding. 

I also liked when Javid said the other day we have to learn to live with, and stop cowering from Covid. 

Of course there was a backlash from families of those who have died due to Covid, and he had to take it back, but he was right in what he said.

Been well impressed with him and how he's dealing with Covid so far ...

Way I see it mate is we fully vaccinated have done our bit, so why should we be penalised to please the lunatic conspiracy theorists and the paranoid brainwashed who still won't leave the house or ditch masks. 

Why should the vast majority of people suffer anymore?. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Way I see it mate is we fully vaccinated have done our bit, so why should we be penalised to please the lunatic conspiracy theorists and the paranoid brainwashed who still won't leave the house or ditch masks. 

To be honest mate, I don't mind wearing a mask on public transport if buses and trains etc are crowded, but would prefer not to.,of course. Same in Supermarkets. I have got used to it now, maybe even conditioned. Would hate it on a 12 hour airplane journey. I am also.fully vaccinated and part of a higher risk grouping. 

I would rather wear a mask now and then for short periods compared to lockdown. I think coming out off Covid will be a gradual process and hopefully we are beginning to see  the other side. But we never know what is waiting around the corner. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I empathise with your sentiments but, in the real world, anyone who is ill gets treated, whether vaccinated or not. So the "lunatic conspiracy theorists and the paranoid brainwashed" will be taking up medical resources, making them unavailable to the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Yea, that's it, it doesn't have to be so binary as i've said on here a few times, either a lunatic scamdemic devotee, or a full on this is the plague. 

To me, anyone who believes all this was some preplanned big conspiracy is nuts, but equally anyone who believes everything Governments or WHO say, is also nuts. 

Lots of people are in the middle, they understand what's going on, it's a pandemic, have got their jabs like you and me, but also understand that Governments and powerful people will use situations like this to further their own ends, whether that be Political, monetary, quell decent, grab more power, whatever. They always have, they always will, nothing new.

I've bought into all this, i understand why they did the lockdowns, i agreed with them, i also agreed with them putting the full opening back 4 weeks. Though i said at the time, i didn't see any rational for extending it more than 4 weeks, as by then every adult would have been offered a vaccine, and why should we suffer due to fuckwits refusing vaccines, or over zealous Government pandering to Lefty scientists who wanted more state control. 

They didn't put it back more than the 4 weeks, i didn't think they would. 

Tipping point for me has been reached, the damage of not going back to some sense of normality, to me, for lots of reasons, is more damaging than Covid. I don't wear a mask now either, personal choice, i've had Covid, i've had 2 jabs, and i've decided i want my life back now.  To each their own ...

• Like 5

I view wearing a mask, rather in the same way as wearing a condom. No one really likes them, but they serve several purposes depending on the situation. If a women tells me I cannot penetrate her without using a condom, then do I walk away or bite the bullet? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

What has been discovered about his actions and behaviour and by whom? 

What are the contents of his emails that you would be concerned about? 

I believe that pigs could fly if only they had wings😊

I believe he can be charged with fraud and perjury going on his emails which have been disclosed but him being charged with treason may be a long shot...but you never know..

We disagree on this...no problem with that and in a discussion it is good to have different views and put them across in a civil way.

Like I said in another post....time will tell.

cheers

• Haha 2

I still wear a mask when I go in shops and from what I've seen so do the majority of people.At least around here.

It's been said that if you're double vaxxed & contract Covid then you are likely to only get mild flu like symptoms.

I'm 68 & I don't want mild flu like symptoms and I certainly do not want to pass that on to my aged mother or my wife.

Having said that I don't wear one in the pub but I usually go to the pub in the late afternoon & there's not many people in there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

I believe he can be charged with fraud and perjury going on his emails which have been disclosed but him being charged with treason may be a long shot...but you never know..

We disagree on this...no problem with that and in a discussion it is good to have different views and put them across in a civil way.

Like I said in another post....time will tell.

cheers

Out of interest, what is it in the emails that would suggest that he could be charged with fraud and Perjury? Have you some examples? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I view wearing a mask, rather in the same way as wearing a condom. No one really likes them, but they serve several purposes depending on the situation. If a women tells me I cannot penetrate her without using a condom, then do I walk away or bite the bullet? 

So what happens if the condom splits and she gets pregnant?. 

You deal with the consequences. 

Same with Covid, you have your jabs and jump in, then if you catch it you deal with the consequences. 

And I'd rather take my chances with Covid than spend 20 years paying for a sprog I don't want. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Out of interest, what is it in the emails that would suggest that he could be charged with fraud and Perjury? Have you some examples? 

I am not going to waste my time to do so as you have already said that it seems I refer to only ...

quote.."apart from perhaps reading it in some Twitter feed or crackpot conspiracy Social media site? ...unquote.

If you are interested...just google Fauci emails.. You will get a fair few sites thrown up...and you can choose what sites you think are the reputable ones and have a look..

cheers

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, roobob said:

I am not going to waste my time to do so as you have already said that it seems I refer to only ...

quote.."apart from perhaps reading it in some Twitter feed or crackpot conspiracy Social media site? ...unquote.

If you are interested...just google Fauci emails.. You will get a fair few sites thrown up...and you can choose what sites you think are the reputable ones and have a look..

cheers

Well yes I have done that.

The first was that a man has been arrested for sending Fauci threatening emails 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/man-facing-federal-charges-allegedly-sending-threatening-emails-dr-anthony-fauci-and-dr

Then BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57336280

and for balance, a more Conservative Right Wing Media, Fox News, who were suggesting at worst that he resign or be sacked

https://www.foxnews.com/media/faucis-emails-troubling-covid-wuhan-lab-theory-rep-tenney

But neither have suggested that the content of Dr Fauci's emails should warant criminal prosecution including Perjury or Fraud 

But if you have any insider information that would suggest otherwise, I would be interested to view them and their legitimate sources 

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

Well yes I have done that.

The first was that a man has been arrested for sending Fauci threatening emails 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/man-facing-federal-charges-allegedly-sending-threatening-emails-dr-anthony-fauci-and-dr

Then BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57336280

and for balance, a more Conservative Right Wing Media, Fox News, who were suggesting at worst that he resign or be sacked

https://www.foxnews.com/media/faucis-emails-troubling-covid-wuhan-lab-theory-rep-tenney

But neither have suggested that the content of Dr Fauci's emails should warant criminal prosecution including Perjury or Fraud 

Fair enough.... good to see. 

You have your opinion and I have mine.

I will stick with mine.... he deserves to be prosecuted... to me he is nothing more than a charlatan. 

As said before...time will tell.

cheers

12 minutes ago, roobob said:

Fair enough.... good to see. 

You have your opinion and I have mine.

I will stick with mine.... he deserves to be prosecuted... to me he is nothing more than a charlatan. 

As said before...time will tell.

cheers

A charlatan who knows far more about infectious diseases over a 50 year period than either you,or I or millions of others will in our combined lifetime. I would most likely put more trust in a world leading expert, than laymen who try to to politicise Covid 19 with very few fact to work with. 

Perhaps even trust a charlatan who suggested injecting disinfectant or penetrating patents with a light source as a cure 😀😀 or suggesting that Covid will simply disappear by Spring of 2020

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Perhaps even trust a charlatan who suggested injecting disinfectant or penetrating patents with a light source as a cure 😀😀 or suggesting that Covid will simply disappear by Spring of 2020

Jail time in his future...for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

A charlatan who knows far more about infectious diseases over a 50 year period than either you,or I or millions of others will in our combined lifetime. I would most likely put more trust in a world leading expert, than laymen who try to to politicise Covid 19 with very few fact to work with. 

Perhaps ven trust a charlatan who suggested injecting disinfectant or penetrating patents with a light source as a cure 😀😀 or suggesting that Covid will simply disappear by Spring of 2020

Ok mate... you are a Fauci fan...no problem. I never brought politics into it..mentioned nothing.... but you are now.

To your last sentence...Spring 2020...???

What are you on about???

cheers

9 minutes ago, roobob said:

Ok mate... you are a Fauci fan...no problem. I never brought politics into it..mentioned nothing.... but you are now.

To your last sentence...Spring 2020...???

What are you on about???

cheers

I am not particularly a fan of Dr Fauci, but I respect his kinowledge and experience and do not believe that he is a criminal

I regard April as Spring 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/02/donald-trump-coronavirus-warm-weather

Dozens of other links are available. Google is your friend 

11 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am not particularly a fan of Dr Fauci, but I respect his kinowledge and experience and do not believe that he is a criminal

I regard April as Spring 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/02/donald-trump-coronavirus-warm-weather

Dozens of other links are available. Google is your friend 

Like I said....fair enough.... we disagree on him.

To your link above... I am talking about Fauci... not Trump... why bring a link from over a year ago.

cheers

1 minute ago, roobob said:

Like I said....fair enough.... we disagree on him.

To your link above... I am talking about Fauci... not Trump... why bring a link from over a year ago.

cheers

Because the link refers to another Charlatan in context and I was making a comparison of knowledge and understanding  of the Covid virus. Go back and take a look at what I wrote. 

3 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Because the link refers to another Charlatan in context and I was making a comparison of knowledge and understanding  of the Covid virus. Go back and take a look at what I wrote. 

Ok... you want to turn it to politics... in other words a Trump fest.... and not talk about Fauci and his actions.

No problem.

cheers

34 minutes ago, roobob said:

Ok... you want to turn it to politics... in other words a Trump fest.... and not talk about Fauci and his actions.

No problem.

cheers

Nope. I mentioned Trump once and not by name but via link. 

We already have a Covid Political section. 

I am more than happy to discuss Fauci and his actions. 

Fauci was hired as a Government Adviser and still is by an incoming Government. 

So far, I have seen no evidence of him committing any criminal offences. 

On 7/28/2021 at 2:43 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Don't know what system of verification will be used by US/EU citizens for Verification but I am guessing that will be checked at their departure airports

I understand this is the one EU folk will have to show.vax passport eu.jpg

USA is not so easy as the individual states hold the records IIRC, not a central database, so no common app, although I see from previous posts IATA and some airlines are trialing things.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1